DSC08563.JPG
image.jpg
gorilla_has_to_pee.jpg
DSC08803.JPG
DSC08802.JPG
image.jpg
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
1323807518071_6363619_-_Copy.png
There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 11 years ago

If I'm reading this clearly there's an option to allow the player to choose when to use the HE diverter ramp! Holy crap that's nuts awesome. Can someone confirm this?

#2 11 years ago

To add to Eskaybee' post, from the stern website:

V1.4 - February 11, 2013
=======================

- First pass of the redemption system.
see http://www.sternpinball.com/downloads/Stern_Pinball_Redemption_System_Software_Manual.pdf
for details.
- added logic to stop inadvertent hulk movement during hulk multiball start.
- Added up and down movement to the jet in the background of Thor VS Hulk background display effect.
- renamed the VS timer adjustments.
- added installs.
- VS completion and award sounds can now co-exist.
- fixed Avenger mode difficulty. i.e. easy/medium settings were not working properly.
- added a right ramp diverter adjustment to control when the ball will be diverted.
WEIGHTED = game decides, WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player, COMPETITION.
- Tesseract shot arrows can now co-exist with other rules that use the same arrow lamp(s).
- added a redemption ticket(s) displap/lamp effect.
- added loki speech, lightshows & dot effects to loki advance (lock lit), lock, multiball.
- fixed a problem where the Tesseract would score points at game/ball start.
- added new speech narrative to Assault on the Helicarrier.
- added sounds to VS modes.
- add-a-ball awarded during S.H.I.E.L.D. will now resurrect a recently finished multiball.
- added skill shots for Captain America & Black Widow.
- changed bonus scores.
- fixed a bug where tech alert reported broken switches incorrectly.
- added new jackpot display effects to Assault on the Helicarrier.
- adjusted jackpot display effects in the Assault on the Helicarrier.
- Fixed a problem with displaying the number of shots left in the Captain America VS mode.
- Fixed a problem with the Thor background effect in Assault on the Helicarrier.
- added scores to the Captain America vs Loki jackpot display effect.
- changed the ironman jackpot 3 display effect during Assault on the Helicarrier.
- added number of shots remaining to the Captain America vs Loki background effect
- added more VS sound assets
- Fixed the Assault on the Helicarrier super jackpot clouds.
- Changed the Assault on the Helicarrier rotor background so that each jackpot makes the rotor spin faster in the background.
- added VS sound assets
- added more Captain America VS jackpots and super jackpot
- added all Assault on the Helicarrier display effects.
- added more Captain America vs Loki display effects.
- Added more Assault on the Helicarrier dot's to the game.
- Added Ironman jackpot 1 and jackpot 2 to the Ironman vs mode.
- Added background, jackpot 1, jackpot 2, and super jackpot to Hawkeye VS mode.
- added Black Widow VS jackpot animations.
- added Thor VS jackpot and super jackpot animations.
- added new dots for the hulk multiball start display effect.
- added loki lit, loki double jackpot sound f/x
- fixed audit text that overlapped the display screen
- fixed LE/Pro Thor target lamps.
- fixed Captain America pop bumper display/sounds.
- added enemy bar to Captain America
- speech/display f/x now match as each Avenger advances towards mode start.
- Added Black Widow VS jackpot 1 and 2 dots.
- Added Thor VS jackpot 1 and 2 dots.
- tweaked polishing the Ironman VS super jackpot display effect.
- Added a progress bar to the Ironman VS background effect.
- tweaked Captain America Highlight sounds
- added new Loki Level 2 jackpots to game.
- added the super jackpot dots for Ironman VS Thor.
- changed left inner loop score award for Captain America Highlight Mode.
- changed captain america highlight award animation.
- added mode start sounds to the VS modes.
- cleaned up VS mode start/award display effects
- added logic to handle ball passing through the Loki locks during VS modes.
- Shoot Again was not blinking in the attract mode, this has been fixed.
- Added a VS logo to each VS start animations
- removed unnecessary frames at the end of the VS intro movies
- Added two more Loki Level 1 jackpot animations
- Added 1 loki level 2 jackpot animation.
- fixed a problem where the background red/blue/green GI's would flicker.
- changed the behavior of the Hulk drop targets/lamps when the Hulk advance rule is not available.
- changed the behavior of the Hulk drop targets during Black Widow VS Hulk.
- add more synced Hulk speech
- mystery now awards 3X
- added Hulk f/x to Black Widow VS Hulk.
- added light shows to VS start/awards
- added Loki double/super JP sound f/x
- Added new sounds for COSMIC letters and super jackpot award during tesseract mode.
- fixed pro->le merge problem with right orbit switch logic.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks bro. I'm on my iPhone so can't copy+paste their text doc

#4 11 years ago

Dam I love non POWERpack updates. This looks tight.

#6 11 years ago

oh my god , downloading now

#7 11 years ago

Where's a sizable list of updates like this for xmen so jealous

#8 11 years ago

I know what I'm doing tonight!

#9 11 years ago

I have never got to a vs mode yet so half this stuff I won't see for ages , but geez they really went to town on this one. its the power pack x men never got.

#10 11 years ago

Holy crap, what an update!!

#11 11 years ago

Thank you Stern! kick ass update

#12 11 years ago

Wow, that single changelog is bigger than the entire history log of Xmen lol

Grats guys,

F U Stern

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Holy crap, what an update!!

I don't even have mine yet and I was drooling over this. Well, I drool all the time but now I at least had an excuse.

#14 11 years ago

I keep thinking about the rarely heard (barely functional) outlane sound fx that was 1/8 of the 1.21 xmen update.. "NOOOOOooooooo".

Congrats to TAV owners

#15 11 years ago

who's playing it and what can you tell us . mine is still updating

#16 11 years ago

I actually cannot believe it. This is a monster update to an already largely finished, non-bug filled game.

Xmen has been out for 8 months already? And we are on bug filled code 1.23.

Stern lied about getting a power pack for TF for Christmas. And they were deceptive about the update for Xmen at Christmas (some "power pack" when compared to this update for Avengers).

I am thinking so many swear words right now. This truly is b.s.

And ZERO effing communication from Stern on where TF and Xmen is at.

#17 11 years ago

- added a right ramp diverter adjustment to control when the ball will be diverted.
WEIGHTED = game decides, WEIGHTED + OVERRIDE = game decision can be overridden by player, COMPETITION.

I want to know what this means. I hope it's not competition mode only.

#18 11 years ago

Nice, looks like some significant additions. Looks like I am going to put off installing the Color DMD in my TNG.

#19 11 years ago

Getting ready to install mine right now. Too bad I can't play it because my flipper doesn't work due to crappy board.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I actually cannot believe it. This is a monster update to an already largely finished, non-bug filled game.
Xmen has been out for 8 months already? And we are on bug filled code 1.23.
Stern lied about getting a power pack for TF for Christmas. And they were deceptive about the update for Xmen at Christmas (some "power pack" when compared to this update for Avengers).
I am thinking so many swear words right now. This truly is b.s.
And ZERO effing communication from Stern on where TF and Xmen is at.

Yeah, I was really excited for the Xmas update and was in shock and pretty let down over it.

But while I'm REALLY happy for AV owners, for some reason this hurts even more. That changelog is long and awesome, way longer than the entire history of Xmen, which is 38 items....most of which suck.

This shouldn't bother me at all but I'm almost in pain lol.

#21 11 years ago

just had a couple of games . captain america energy bar very cool. more loki speech was great. broke the plastic above the black widow ramp. the little clear one, dont think that was in the code.
would have got loki multiball but broken plastic stopped the ball. dammn

#22 11 years ago

Damn it I can't seem to get mine to work. And I've done these updates PLENTY of times. Its not seeing it on my flash drive. I have deleted any/all prior updates on this thing. Tried deleting and starting over again! I have flipped the top dip switch and everything. Anyone else having issues? Maybe its my flash drive??

#23 11 years ago

Formatted as FAT32?

#24 11 years ago

I've never changed the formatting on this drive, and have successfully updated my ACDC and Wolverine with it. I deleted any old BIN files on it so there would be no confusion.

Well I pushed the white button on the board to 'reboot' and sure enough, now it sees the file and is updating. So weird. At least its working now!

#25 11 years ago

Happy for the Avengers owners . . . sad for us poor XMen owners that can't get an update.

#26 11 years ago

Exactly TigerLaw25. BUT, this gives me hope that when they finally do release the new code for XMen, its gonna be packed like this one!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Happy for the Avengers owners . . . sad for us poor XMen owners that can't get an update.

I know, right? Congrats on the code update, that's one hell of a list of changes.. and unlike X-men, changes for the good!

#28 11 years ago

WOoHOO!!! I just saw this thread.

#29 11 years ago

Just updated my pro, took about 10-15 mins, and that included a back up. I only played one game on it and didn't get to a vs mode, but did get Loki and hulk mb. Overall, the sounds and graphics are better. The blue stop between HE and CA still appears to do nothing, but in the one game I played, it's seems better. Ill play it more to find all the nuances and adjustments. Unfortunately, it resets all the settings and scores, oh well.

#30 11 years ago

Cant wait..gonna download to flashdrive now..
My first Stern update so if anybody could share that link of a youtube that shows a tutorial?
That would rock!

#31 11 years ago

Go on sterns website. I never updated a machine either, the instructions are very clear and simple. You don't need a tutorial. I wish my TSPP was this easy, I still have original code on it.

#32 11 years ago

there now
thanks

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Go on sterns website. I never updated a machine either, the instructions are very clear and simple. You don't need a tutorial. I wish my TSPP was this easy, I still have original code on it.

?!?!?!? You're missing out on great completed code. Order some 5.0 roms, stat!!!

#34 11 years ago

This looks like a real effort from Stern to up the code on this title.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Exactly TigerLaw25. BUT, this gives me hope that when they finally do release the new code for XMen, its gonna be packed like this one!

Nope! Heard X-men code is still crap and this is great fro Stern to support us Avengers owners.

X-men sucks and we all just need to admit that Stern f-d us on it and there is not much hope. I loathe X-men especially weapon X multi ball. I want it fixed though I will admit that X-men currently as is should not be in the top 150 and I think it sucks and think Stern is working on it though I do not have faith that it will be fixed to my liking.

AC/DC and Avengers are AWESOME!!!

X-men sucks ass!!!

#36 11 years ago

Still no 6 ball hulk mb? Bummer.

#37 11 years ago

Why did I buy X-men?

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I'm reading this clearly there's an option to allow the player to choose when to use the HE diverter ramp! Holy crap that's nuts awesome. Can someone confirm this?

This doesn't sound player controlled as in player hits a button to control it in game. Sounds like it can be changed via entering competition mode and I think that's the player control.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why did I buy X-men?

Must have been that hype thread with a thousand posts.

#40 11 years ago

I have no skin in this game as I own neither Avengers nor Xmen. I think that this update is actually a good sign for Xmen owners.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Nope! Heard X-men code is still crap and this is great fro Stern to support us Avengers owners.
X-men sucks and we all just need to admit that Stern f-d us on it and there is not much hope. I loathe X-men especially weapon X multi ball. I want it fixed though I will admit that X-men currently as is should not be in the top 150 and I think it sucks and think Stern is working on it though I do not have faith that it will be fixed to my liking.
AC/DC and Avengers are AWESOME!!!
X-men sucks ass!!!

Your opinion is whacked to say the least. Please sell your X-Men for $3k right now since its garbage. That would make me happy.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

added enemy bar to Captain America

What's an enemy bar?

#43 11 years ago

I keep getting error code 8 on my pro trying again hope the 3rd time is the charm.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Still no 6 ball hulk mb? Bummer.

Dude I've been hearing guys say this but I just had 6 ball multi-ball this past Sunday.

#45 11 years ago

I spoke with George Gomez today. He said the new code also fixes the problem with Hulk's right
hand being damaged by the bridge. Great code update for sure.

#46 11 years ago

This looks to only be a Pro update. No LE.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

LE is up 1.4

#48 11 years ago

Thanks...read me still says the December version but I figured I would download the latest file anyway.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

No it's LE. Just played one game. AWESOME. You guys are gonna love the Loki super JP animation.
The Loki mb start is awesome. Finally!! I've been complaining about stern flashing every single light in the game for about a year now. Loki mb start is much much better.

I didn't get hulk mb but I did get my initials in first game. No vs mode yet. Gonna play more.

Other changes I didn't see in the patch notes:
-HE crossover ramp more interactive! I completed the HE JP during Loki mb and it quickly crossed over and I got a back to back BW shot JP.

Quoted from Butch2099:

What's an enemy bar?

Instead of X amount of hits to complete CA, it's now a health meter. More visual effect and looks way better!

#50 11 years ago

Played a few more games on my pro with the new code. What I notice is that the sound has more depth and the machine feels much more alive, lights are much more active. Loki mb graphics are better, so is hulk mb graphics. Hulk seems to act a little better too, ball didnt seem to get stuck behind his right arm, and i could hit the jackpot shot better. I also seem to be scoring better, 17 mil first time, then 40, then 58. i set bw and im on med, ca, he and hulk on hard. i play 5 ball. the machine was great before, now it's even better! Stern did a nice job, makes me forget about some of the small issues I've had.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 305 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-le-14-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.