(Topic ID: 80260)

Are MMR LE's sold out? So many threads, it's hard to tell...

By kaneda

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by teekee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Got my popcorn, ready for the fireworks!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

MMLE with black trim

Black trim is an option? Thats a big plus for me.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Black trim is an option? Thats a big plus for me.

PPS never said this, only that they would look at it at one point. I believe it turned out to be too cost prohibitive if I recall from the thread. Right now its just gold or stainless.

#54 10 years ago

I have a deposit down for an LE. Is it still possible for a refund?

#55 10 years ago

What percent bailed that jumped in day 1 I wonder, I'm out. My guess is at least 1/2, If anyone wants one, I'll bet it can be had.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

With which distributor? Most if not all, yes. I do however, remember reading someone saying their distro wasn't refunding.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

If anyone wants one, I'll bet it can be had.

They can be... they are not sold out and have never been sold out. Pick a distributor and call them.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They can be... they are not sold out and have never been sold out. Pick a distributor and call them.

At one point they definitely were sold out. For about 2-3 days the LE list was closed down.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

What percent bailed that jumped in day 1 I wonder, I'm out. My guess is at least 1/2, If anyone wants one, I'll bet it can be had.

half? no way.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They are not sold out and have never been sold out.

I am really getting tired of your constant negativity regarding MMrLE.

#61 10 years ago

I'm going to sell mine MMLE with black trim if any one is interested. Looking to get my $1k US deposit paid back, Its paid for through Jersey Jack. You pay the remainder when its ready. If interested let me know.

You might consider just asking JJP for a refund (easy to do, you'll quickly have a check for your full $1,000 back in hand).

Check this thread for discussion on selling spots in line, including some comment from Rick at PPS (quick summary: PPS doesn't want people selling pre-order spots in line, even at-cost):
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/want-to-let-go-of-my-mmle-spot

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

How was that negative?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

How was that negative?

It is when taken in context with his many other denigrating posts in all threads regarding MMr. I am not going to repeat any of them here because I do not want to help spread his viewpoint.

#64 10 years ago

[DELETE - DUPE POST]

#65 10 years ago

When I ordered mine, about 2-3 days after the announcement, I couldn't find a place with LE's. Granted, I'm sure I didn't check with every seller.

I wound up putting in an order for a standard with PinballSales.com. If anyone has cancelled their LE's with them yet, it hasn't been enough for them to contact me about getting upgraded.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Quoted from chrisjens2:

How was that negative?

Exactly! How is stating a fact negative? Wow! sensitive much?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At one point they definitely were sold out. For about 2-3 days the LE list was closed down.

I'm sure they were just getting things in order. It was a mad rush and a lot of confusion. I'm sure they just needed to get things organized...

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Quoted from teekee:

I'm sure they were just getting things in order. It was a mad rush and a lot of confusion. I'm sure they just needed to get things organized...

teekee, why are you so sure that PPS was never, even in the first few days, "sold out" (i.e. had 1,000 MMrs allocated to named customers)? Did you have a conversation with PPS or someone else with access to actual data in the days/weeks after the project was announced? I think it's one thing to say you suspect they're not sold out, or to point to various threads where people have reported a) dropping their pre-order, b) getting offered an LE off a waitlist or c) calling a distributor and immediately being offered an LE as evidence that they're not sold out right now. But you've been posting since day one with 100% certainty and minimal evidence that they were not sold out then and will never sell out. I think that (combined with your numerous other posts on the "refake" topic that make your position quite clear) helps explain why you're accused of "negativity" regarding the MMr project.

For my part, based on all the activity and reports immediately following Expo it appears to me that PPS had 1,000 orders for MMr within a day or two. Whether there were enough people on wait lists to cover folks that have since dropped out, or whether they are now below 1,000 orders I have no idea. And of course things could change again when a "lock in" date is announced. I don't care either way at this point, I'm not in line for the LE. But to me the entire rushed announcement of the Standard edition makes zero sense if PPS did not believe at that time that they had sold out of the LE.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

teekee, why are you so sure that PPS was never, even in the first few days, "sold out" (i.e. had 1,000 MMrs allocated to named customers)?

I'm sure between allocating to distributors and the mad rush of the Expo who knows… probably more hype than anything.

All I know is that I heard they were all sold out and had a waiting list soon after Expo yet I seen distributor after distributor posting them for sale here, Marketplace, Classifieds even Ebay!

Even today distributors still have them… hmmmm.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm sure between allocating to distributors and the mad rush of the Expo who knows… probably more hype than anything.
All I know is that I heard they were all sold out and had a waiting list soon after Expo yet I seen distributor after distributor posting them for sale here, Marketplace, Classifieds even Ebay!
Even today distributors still have them… hmmmm.

Of course I have no idea if PPS will ultimately sell 1,000 LEs or not. I don't own an MM now and would like to one day so from my perspective, the more they sell the better, but who knows what will happen. My point is just that they could easily have taken 1,000+ pre-orders at and immediately after Expo, and yet have some availability now as people drop out over time. Doesn't mean there was deception (or even confusion) up front, just that some people have changed their minds and dropped out.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Yes. PPS has not announced the end of the preorder process, so your deposit is still fully refundable.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

they ... have never been sold out.

Not true. They were sold out at one point and then PPS established their wait list. I'm pretty sure the non-LEs were only announced after it was clear that initial demand was >1000 units and that Rick has mentioned this a few times. I don't believe PPS originally intended to make more than 1000 MMRs.

Since then some dup orders and people changing their minds have opened up LE slots.

#73 10 years ago

You can still order LE's on Mr Pinballs website.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

You can still order LE's on Mr Pinballs website.

No way… they are sold out!

#75 10 years ago

As far as I know, LEs were sold out until the non-LE model was announced and people realized that they didn't have to be in on day one to get a machine. Knowing that they had a much longer window to get a game, some people who were going to have to stretch financially or logistically to make it work backed off a bit.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No way… they are sold out!

you are so disingenuous. it's a wonder anyone takes you seriously. nobody's saying there aren't some available now. they're saying they were absolutely sold out right after the announcement.

#77 10 years ago

I didn't think anyone took him seriously. I thought that was the joke, because everyone knew better. There are people that DO take him seriously?

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Agreed, so I just clicked on ignore on his post to block him permanately.

It's annoying for those who preordered and are excited for this and he constantly has to put his 2 cents in. Just ignore him. It's a great feature.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you are so disingenuous. it's a wonder anyone takes you seriously. nobody's saying there aren't some available now. they're saying they were absolutely sold out right after the announcement.

If this is so obvious why did the OP create a post asking the question? Why are there guys in this thread still wondering?

I simply answered the question and I'm disingenuous? Why, because I revealed the truth?

I'm sorry some guys here want to live in their own little fantasy land only believing what they want to believe... The video below sums it up pretty well for some of you.

#81 10 years ago

I'm too busy trying to get some pinball product to market to follow Rick's posts on progress. I'm selling my pin if I can, to free up money for production costs. $1k US, & I keep my position. When the pin is ready & the rest of the money is asked for the person buying the pin. Not trying to make any money on the deal or ask for a deposit refund.

When I signed up I asked for black trim, as far as I know that is what is coming on this one. Medieval Madness Remake LE-

My Jack Guarnieri Service Co. Inc

My invoice states:
MMRLE-Ori... Medieval Madness Remake LE - Original Trim

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If this is so obvious why did the OP create a post asking the question? Why are there guys in this thread still wondering?
I simply answered the question and I'm disingenuous? Why, because I revealed the truth?
I'm sorry some guys here want to live in their own little fantasy land only believing what they want to believe... The video below sums it up pretty well for some of you.
» YouTube video

the guy asked if it was currently sold out. everyone was like "call some distributors, you might find some" and then you showed up and started talking about how they've never been sold out. irrelevant and inaccurate.

i don't know if your investment in MMR's failure is financial or merely ego driven, but what it's eliciting out of you on this forum is pathetic. nobody appreciates you taking a dump on every MMR thread. it's disruptive and non-constructive. rest assured nobody is confused about where you stand on the issue.

#83 10 years ago

I'm too busy trying to get some pinball product to market to follow Rick's posts on progress. I'm selling my pin if I can, to free up money for production costs. $1k US, & I keep my position. When the pin is ready & the rest of the money is asked for the person buying the pin. Not trying to make any money on the deal or ask for a deposit refund.
When I signed up I asked for black trim, as far as I know that is what is coming on this one. Medieval Madness Remake LE-
My Jack Guarnieri Service Co. Inc
My invoice states:
MMRLE-Ori... Medieval Madness Remake LE - Original Trim

there is no black trim option, never was. also you cannot sell your place in line. simply ask your distributor for a refund and let them move someone from the MMR standard list in.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there is no black trim option, never was. also you cannot sell your place in line. simply ask your distributor for a refund and let them move someone from the MMR standard list in.

Thanks for your input pezpunk I truly appreciate your posts and the way you answer questions in a positive and friendly ways.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

All I know is that I heard they were all sold out and had a waiting list soon after Expo yet I seen distributor after distributor posting them for sale here, Marketplace, Classifieds even Ebay

Automated services has a MOPLE NIB for sale on eBay. Does that mean MOPLE didn't sell out?

#86 10 years ago

I still say 1/2 original the orders dropped out. I bet there are plenty to be had.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I still say 1/2 original the orders dropped out. I bet there are plenty to be had.

based on what? i'm not arguing that you can't still buy them, but what makes you think 500 people dropped out?

#88 10 years ago

I know about 6 people that jumped in, 3 are still in I know of and are rumbling they may bail. Regardless there is a high attrition rate.

#89 10 years ago

so a sample size of 6 out of 1000.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

so a sample size of 6 out of 1000.

I never claimed to have PROOF, just my opinion. Not a slam on the game, I wish PPS the best of luck though I have to believe the price is a major factor.

#91 10 years ago

You guys really take this WAYYY too seriously.

Just be happy they are making the game. Or in other people's cases don't be happy they are making the game. Looking at some of these posts, they have more drama than an episode of Young & the Restless.......that's a daytime soap opera for those of you that don't know FYI.

#92 10 years ago

I hope the game kicks ass, they make a ton of them so I can buy a nice HUO down the road for 4-5K. I just can't support the current pricing on a new offerings. Due to pinball's recent resurgence, prices went way too high too fast and we consumers are being taken. Time for us to get a fair quality product at a fair price. Am I alone here?

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Automated services has a MOPLE NIB for sale on eBay. Does that mean MOPLE didn't sell out?

yes, no, maybe??? Not sure what answer I should give here. I don't want to be attacked because I gave an unpopular answer.

Not even sure how MoPLE made its way into this thread...

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

yes, no, maybe??? Not sure what answer I should give here. I don't want to be attacked because I gave an unpopular answer.

Not even sure how MoPLE made its way into this thread...

Don't act like you're under some sort of persecution. You obviously troll the MMR threads. Heck, a good number of your posts are just price trolling in general. Doesn't that ever get old?

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don't act like you're under some sort of persecution. You obviously troll the MMR threads. Heck, a good number of your posts are just price trolling in general. Doesn't that ever get old?

Yep, when all else fails call someone a troll... now that gets old!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Don't blame me for your reputation. Reputations are earned, not given.

#97 10 years ago

Phew. Good thing you said that.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As a casual reader of this forum, I can assure you that your voice has been heard regarding MMr. I understand and respect your opinion but man, we've all heard it. Time to move on...

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

As a casual reader of this forum, I can assure you that your voice has been heard regarding MMr. I understand and respect your opinion but man, we've all heard it. Time to move on...

What Teekee is giving broken record syndrome? Didn't he just get done giving me shit for that exact same thing not to long ago? hummmmm, pot calling the kettle black i think.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What Teekee is giving broken record syndrome?

You back trolling me again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-mmr-les-sold-out-so-many-threads-its-hard-to-tell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.