(Topic ID: 80260)

Are MMR LE's sold out? So many threads, it's hard to tell...

By kaneda

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by teekee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Not looking to spur up a debate on whether or not it's worth it, just a couple of questions.

Are the LE's sold out?

How many LE's are they making?

Is it true they are just going to produce regular versions as long as demand is there? And there's not much difference between regular and LE?

Sorry for new thread, didn't want to re-read pages and pages of people fighting it out over this thing...

#2 10 years ago

I'm not sure anyone knows for sure (aside from maybe Rick). They are being sold from multiple distributors. I also don't think there is really a fight over these as they are making 1k of them and unlimited standards, all added to the 4k originals, there will be plenty to go around for all. However, there will always be drama when folks are dropping 8k+ for toys.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Not looking to spur up a debate on whether or not it's worth it, just a couple of questions.
Are the LE's sold out?
Is it true they are just going to produce regular versions as long as demand is there? And there's not much difference between regular and LE?
Sorry for new thread, didn't want to re-read pages and pages of people fighting it out over this thing...

You can just watch this page for updates, as well as for your answers to the (current) differences between LE and regular. (more differences may come down the road as well)

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

#4 10 years ago

I would try Automated, if anyone still has some it's them. If you want one, and you can get one, grab it. You still have time to cancel and probably will be able to for a few more weeks.

It's false statements like this that perpetrate the drama. Nobody knows except PPS exactly how many are sold. Distributors don't see the whole pictures, JJP has a waiting list, and you have no idea how many people are on it.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I also don't think there is really a fight over these as they are making 1k of them and unlimited standards, all added to the 4k originals, there will be plenty to go around for all. However, there will always be drama when folks are dropping 8k+ for toys.

#5 10 years ago

Have you contacted PPS?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's false statements like this that perpetrate the drama. Nobody knows except PPS exactly how many are sold. Distributors don't see the whole pictures, JJP has a waiting list, and you have no idea how many people are on it.

WTH? You just reiterated what I said and stated it was false. So we actually agree here. Wake up and drink some coffee will yah. LOL

My quote that you left out "I'm not sure anyone knows for sure (aside from maybe Rick). They are being sold from multiple distributors."

#7 10 years ago

Buddy had some still when we last spoke. (MMr LE)
Doughslinger

#8 10 years ago

So far the differences are
-Plaque
-Special trim
-Shaker included
-Wood cabinet bottom instead of MDF
-Full interior black paint job

Those last 2 were just announced, so who knows what else is in store for the LE!

#9 10 years ago

I like the last two kickers...makes me feel better.
I have thought about backing out of the LE many times for a standard - then just mod it myself.
The black paint is nice the wood cab is nicer IMO. These two great kick in's that made me hold off of backing out.
I hate mdf and dirt inside cabs.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Buddy had some still when we last spoke. (MMr LE)
Doughslinger

Yes, most distributors have plenty and will have plenty...

Wait and check one out after release... then go buy an original.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So far the differences are
-Plaque
-Special trim
-Wood cabinet bottom instead of MDF
-Full interior black paint job
Those last 2 were just announced, so who knows what else is in store for the LE!

there's also the shaker motor.

personally, i doubt they will make very many standards, if any. i bet 1000 units comes reasonably close to meeting demand. wouldn't surprise me if they moved on to AFM/MB/CC after only making like 100 non-LEs. but that is just uneducated speculation.

#12 10 years ago

Some purchasers of regulars are being "upgraded" to LE as recently as 2/1/14 so clearly they are not sold out.

#13 10 years ago

They are unlimited. only the LE's are limited, but all the LE has is gold trim and some other fluff that doesn't mean shit. No rush either way. It's not like you can't add the LE fluff if you wanted to. Game plays the same regardless.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are unlimited. only the LE's are limited, but all the LE has is gold trim and some other fluff that doesn't mean shit. No rush either way. It's not like you can't add the LE fluff if you wanted to. Game plays the same regardless.

Wouldn't changing the cabinet be quite the project and cost?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Some purchasers of regulars are being "upgraded" to LE as recently as 2/1/14 so clearly they are not sold out.

I believe even more people on the list for standards will get upgraded to LEs after the dealine is set for deposit money refunds and a few more people bail. It's fairly easy to come up with a $1K deposit. It's another thing to stay in for the whole eight grand plus.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wouldn't changing the cabinet be quite the project and cost?

Changing out the wood bottom would be a pain for sure but honestly, I seldom look at the bottom of my cabinet anyway.

Still, I'm glad PPS is adding some value to the LEs for the folks sticking out the risks on this project.

#17 10 years ago

I though the LE has the shaker included where it is optional (with extra $) on the standard ?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are the LE's sold out?

If you want one, you can likely still get one. Get the distributor list from PPS and start calling around.

#19 10 years ago

Warranty on electronics was originally 6 months, that was extended to 1 year on 2/8/14.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are the LE's sold out?

As many folks have noted, if you really want an LE best bet is to call around to the distributors and see if any are available.

For the rest of your questions, if you don't want to read through the huge thread just follow this one, where The_Dude_Abides is compiling all of the substantive updates re: MMr.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-updates

#21 10 years ago

What is the difference in price between the LE and the regular MM......I had heard the LE was the much better deal from a pricing standpoint. I am on the fence but am leaning toward buying an LE if I can find one.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

What is the difference in price between the LE and the regular MM......I had heard the LE was the much better deal from a pricing standpoint. I am on the fence but am leaning toward buying an LE if I can find one.

Same MSRP of $7995. It's always possible the Standard may be discounted by distributors at some point in the future.

#23 10 years ago

Thanks.......if anyone comes across a distributor that has an MMRLE feel free to have them PM me. I have an open slot as I just sold my BSD so I am ready to buy something. Hopefully, I sell my I500 and/or HS2 and I will have 2-3 open slots.....so bring on a LOTR and a HULK LE !!!!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Same MSRP of $7995. It's always possible the Standard may be discounted by distributors at some point in the future.

This makes no sense...how is an LE the same price as the regular. No brainer to get the LE, no? Is it just a ploy to push everyone to spend 8K? Like when a movie theater is like, hey the large popcorn is only a quarter more!

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This makes no sense...how is an LE the same price as the regular. No brainer to get the LE, no? Is it just a ploy to push everyone to spend 8K? Like when a movie theater is like, hey the large popcorn is only a quarter more!

I agree....the prices are already high so I have no clue why anyone would buy the regular and feel this was a bad business decision to price them both the same.

#26 10 years ago

i think the LE is basically intended as a bunch of perks for those willing to buy in early. if you have concerns, you can wait till it comes out and get a standard. but if you're willing to make a down payment more or less sight-unseen, then thanks, and here, have a plaque and fancier trim and a shaker motor and a higher quality cab etc.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i think the LE is basically intended as a bunch of perks for those willing to buy in early. if you have concerns, you can wait till it comes out and get a standard. but if you're willing to make a down payment more or less sight-unseen, then thanks, and here, have a plaque and fancier trim and a shaker motor and a higher quality cab etc.

This sums it up. New bonuses are still being added so the value proposition may change, but the current LE-exclusives are worth several hundred dollars but not a huge amount in the context of an $8,000 machine. So it's really a nice little bonus for early adopters (somewhat similar to the WOZLE pricing structure where those who ordered early got a lower price).

For those that don't like the Standard having the same MSRP as the LE, the obvious solution is to wait until the Standards are shipping to see if there's any discounting from MSRP. I have never bought NIB before but that seems pretty common for other games, so if you're actually interested in a NIB MMr that should be your chance to "exchange" the LE bonus features for a bit of cost savings.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When it was announced at Expo, they had no idea they'd sell out so quick. They figured if it did well, they'd do a Standard later on...they didn't think they had to announce a Standard within 5 hours. So - put yourself in their shoes - what do you do after that frenzy? If you announce the Standard at a lower price, everyone who just bought an LE might go "whaaaaat?!?!?!" and drop out. If you don't announce the Standard at all, you have tons of people going "whaaaat!??!! but I want one, too!!!!". It was really the most logical thing to do - and like Fosaisu just said - it's likely that below MSRP prices will be available when the Standard is selling from various distributors...so, in the end...it probably will be cheaper than the LE.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When it was announced at Expo, they had no idea they'd sell out so quick. They figured if it did well, they'd do a Standard later on...they didn't think they had to announce a Standard within 5 hours. So - put yourself in their shoes - what do you do after that frenzy? If you announce the Standard at a lower price, everyone who just bought an LE might go "whaaaaat?!?!?!" and drop out. If you don't announce the Standard at all, you have tons of people going "whaaaat!??!! but I want one, too!!!!". It was really the most logical thing to do - and like Fosaisu just said - it's likely that below MSRP prices will be available when the Standard is selling from various distributors...so, in the end...it probably will be cheaper than the LE.

It's easy to sell out of stuff when your not asking for nonrefundable down payments. Lets see when the real money comes out how many are lined up.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's easy to sell out of stuff when your not asking for nonrefundable down payments. Lets see when the real money comes out how many are lined up.

Regardless of whether the LEs will be sold out when the lock-in date for down payments arrives, they were definitely sold out right after Expo and there was an uproar about availability. Time will tell if/when/how many Standards are needed, but the context is valuable to understand why PPS announced/priced the Standards the way they did.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

.....and how many used games flood the market to free up cash and space

#32 10 years ago

That was a great time to be at Expo for sure

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

.....and how many used games flood the market to free up cash and space

That will be interesting if it happens. It's just one game - I don't think it's going to cause collection liquidations. I haven't bought any used games in a while...but if a few that I've never had pop up with 2008 prices, I'd bite Will there be a $3k Scared Stiff in my future due to MMr? Probably not but I won't say 'no' if one comes my way.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but if a few that I've never had pop up with 2008 prices, I'd bite Will there be a $3k Scared Stiff in my future due to MMr? Probably not but I won't say 'no' if one comes my way.

Agree, but me being out of space I'd have to sell my machines at 2008 prices as well so it's a wash...unless I can convince my wife to let me take over the guest room.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That will be interesting if it happens. It's just one game - I don't think it's going to cause collection liquidations. I haven't bought any used games in a while...but if a few that I've never had pop up with 2008 prices, I'd bite Will there be a $3k Scared Stiff in my future due to MMr? Probably not but I won't say 'no' if one comes my way.

actually, I think there will be a 3k SS coming your way. MM was always the high end price game. Everything else was always compared to it. When MM went nuts, everything else followed suit. Now MM is coming back down to reality, everything else will as well. SS used to be $2500 all day. It's unrealistic to see it drop back to it's normal price.

#36 10 years ago

If you have any questions you seriously want answers to, just call Rick. He has posted his personal number. Why go through pages of bullshit and supposition when you can get it right from The Horses Mouth....just sayin'...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually, I think there will be a 3k SS coming your way. MM was always the high end price game. Everything else was always compared to it. When MM went nuts, everything else followed suit. Now MM is coming back down to reality, everything else will as well. SS used to be $2500 all day. It's unrealistic to see it drop back to it's normal price.

It's wishful thinking - but there's no SS remake...so there are still finite SS's out there and the only way it drops in price is if tons of them go up for sale at once and no one wants them.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Thanks.......if anyone comes across a distributor that has an MMRLE feel free to have them PM me.

Automated has them... Game Room Guys has them... someone mentioned about Buddy has/had them as of early February... they all have them. Just give them a call and order one.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's wishful thinking - but there's no SS remake...so there are still finite SS's out there and the only way it drops in price is if tons of them go up for sale at once and no one wants them.

SS is a low risk for a remake, since the price for them is still around the 5k mark for nice examples. Games going for 7k+ on the other hand are good candidates.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dont' need them to remake it for the price to drop. If 8k is the normal for MM. Prices other stuff will settle back down. MB, AFM, everything else will not pass MM. People arn't going to pay 6k for SS when they can get MM for 8. You will see.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Dont' need them to remake it for the price to drop. If 8k is the normal for MM. Prices other stuff will settle back down. MB, AFM, everything else will not pass MM. People arn't going to pay 6k for SS when they can get MM for 8. You will see.

I do see your point but, what of the people who already have an MM? Would the price of it still impact what they are willing to pay for SS? Its certainly fun to speculate, I suppose we are going to see soon enough.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

...but will people want to sell their SS's for any reason? That's what matters. If they aren't on the market, prices won't drop.

#43 10 years ago

it's not really about what they are willing to pay, it's the way people look at games and prices. MM has always been the high standard. it was always compared to that. With the high being lowered, it changes the outlook perspective.

Give it some time. If you want reasonable prices, you can't be in a rush. wait it out. It's coming.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not really about what they are willing to pay, it's the way people look at games and prices. MM has always been the high standard. it was always compared to that. With the high being lowered, it changes the outlook perspective.
Give it some time. If you want reasonable prices, you can't be in a rush. wait it out. It's coming.

I'm not in a rush...I kinda don't wanna buy any more games, really lol. However, like I said - if they just happened to pop up for good prices I would probably bite.

#45 10 years ago

i think reports of the bubble bursting are greatly exaggerated. MMRLE is definitely sucking up a fair amount of capital, and causing people to sell more games than normal due to needing room or cash or both in order to afford it, but i don't think it's more than a temporary correction. this effect is already well under way and i don't think prices have dropped much on most titles. INFLATION on the other hand has stopped. original MM seems the most affected so far - i don't think you would have seen a nice one for $8500 last year. everything else looks fairly similar to last year at this time, though.

pinball is still growing and hasn't yet reached its peak. when you see attendance at tournaments and events and expos level off (which has NOT happened yet) then you will see longterm price declines. but as of right now, pinball is on the rise, not on the decline.

i'm also not convinced MM dropping in value (as a direct result of the remake) is going to make other non-remade machines go down. i don't buy that MM is automatically the ceiling and all other games are priced as a function of its value. in my opinion, any decline in other machines' value right now is more attributable to the aforementioned capital and space issues associated with the remake, not MM's value decline.

just my opinion of course.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not in a rush...I kinda don't wanna buy any more games, really lol. However, like I said - if they just happened to pop up for good prices I would probably bite.

This is exactly why I keep buying games I have no business buying. Pop up at a great price and great condition and close to me. Sucks too, because this is not the time for me to be buying.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This is exactly why I keep buying games I have no business buying. Pop up at a great price and great condition and close to me. Sucks too, because this is not the time for me to be buying.

Doesn't seem to happen around here anymore. Craigslist used to be a non-stop treasure trove of goodies ....only thing posted there anymore are the same 3 overpriced T2's & a local operators overpriced filthy route games....over and over and over.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes, because you can only own one MM. If you want a second game and already have a MM, why would you buy another since it's "only $2,000" more than a SS? Your logic is deeply flawed on this one.

Also, does anybody care how others spend their money more than you? It's always such a weird thing how critical you get over other people and their buying decisions or what they're hyped up for.

#49 10 years ago

Kind of hard to say. Nobody has paid for their MMLE yet, all the info hasn't been released etc. I think we'll know more when the deposits lock in.

Quoted from pezpunk:

i think reports of the bubble bursting are greatly exaggerated. MMRLE is definitely sucking up a fair amount of capital, and causing people to sell more games than normal due to needing room or cash or both in order to afford it, but i don't think it's more than a temporary correction. this effect is already well under way and i don't think prices have dropped much on most titles. INFLATION on the other hand has stopped. original MM seems the most affected so far - i don't think you would have seen a nice one for $8500 last year. everything else looks fairly similar to last year at this time, though.

#50 10 years ago

I'm going to sell mine MMLE with black trim if any one is interested. Looking to get my $1k US deposit paid back, Its paid for through Jersey Jack. You pay the remainder when its ready. If interested let me know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-mmr-les-sold-out-so-many-threads-its-hard-to-tell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.