Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by huo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PBS5.jpg
    PBS4.jpg
    PBS3.jpg
    PBS.jpg
    PBS6.jpg
    PBS2.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello all.

Pinside helped us find a great technician for our Austin, TX location opening in July, so I wanted to see if we can find someone for our Detroit, MI location opening in November, 2014. I will donate $50 to Pinside.

We are an amusement vending company located in Denver, CO and we are looking to hire a technician to maintain our machines at a new location in Detroit, MI, opening in November 2014.

The technician will need to stop by the location on Mondays and Fridays to make sure everything is working properly. There will be about 20 pieces total in the location (Pinball, foosball, skeeball, classic arcade games, pool tables, video games, shuffleboard, etc). If you would like to work for us please PM me here on Pinside and I will give you my email address.

Our hourly pay is at the high end of technician pay. Please let me know if you are interested and we can go from there. Thank you.

#2 10 years ago

I am looking forward to this new location to play in Detroit!

#3 10 years ago

Cool way to hire. Good luck Drew, to finding another great tech and to continued growth and success. Gotta keep our great hobby alive.

#4 10 years ago

I also am very excited about this new location! I wasn't sure if there was going to be pinball there based on my original observations but I would say this is a good sign. Can't wait to check it out.

#5 10 years ago

Where abouts will this place be?

#6 10 years ago

If you select a suburb, there are more of us collectors who could do it part time.

#7 10 years ago

This must be for the Punch Bowl Social that is planned to be opened in Detroit.

#9 10 years ago

Thank you for the PM's. Really appreciate it.

Yes it is Punch Bowl Social. It will be in the Z building in downtown Detroit. I believe the address is 133 Broadway. It will be 24,000 square feet. Construction is scheduled to be done in October and opening in November.

#10 10 years ago

Drew, look forward to visiting the PBS in Detroit.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scottn63:

Drew, look forward to visiting the PBS in Detroit.

Nice. I will let you know when I will be there. They are spending $5M on renovation, so it's going to look really nice.

#12 10 years ago

Drew, Are the machines going to be set up for coin-op or will you pay an hourly rate to play them?

#14 10 years ago

In Detroit, I don't believe there's pinball at bars. I could be wrong. This could be a great attraction when in the D.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

In Detroit, I don't believe there's pinball at bars. I could be wrong. This could be a great attraction when in the D.

One Eye Betty, Kellys, Danny's all have pins, but a big collection would be an attraction.

#16 10 years ago

Not in the "downtown playground" area though.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from huo:

Not in the "downtown playground" area though.

That's true.

I always wait for that whole area to get burned to the ground the moment the Tigers win the World Series, or a cop shoots the wrong kid.

A customer in Detroit was telling me his insurance specifically does not cover Riots or Civil Unrest..... sheesh.

#18 10 years ago

Drew, do you know how many pinball machines are planned to be at the PBS in Detroit?

#19 10 years ago

Looking forward to this! I have a lot of friends who work and live downtown and will love to play pinball on location down there. The pins on location around Detroit itself are in a laughable state. Ferndale and Royal Oak have a nice selection at various locations including a WOZ on location. One Eyed Bettys has an okay lineup but the pins always have something wrong with them every time I visit.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Scottn63:

Drew, do you know how many pinball machines are planned to be at the PBS in Detroit?

Hi Scott,

I am not 100% sure how many pins we are setting up yet. Once I interview a technician and feel out his skill sets, I can figure that out. We really want the pins to be working nicely, so they are enjoyable to play. We have three pins in our Denver and Portland locations, but we are going to do more in Austin and Detroit (especially Detroit). We believe that the city will embrace this concept and this is a much needed adult playground

#21 10 years ago

PBS2.jpgPBS2.jpg

PBS6.jpgPBS6.jpg PBS.jpgPBS.jpg PBS3.jpgPBS3.jpg PBS4.jpgPBS4.jpg PBS5.jpgPBS5.jpg
    1 month later
    #22 9 years ago

Drew,
    Have they started work on the Detroit location yet?

#23 9 years ago

Now THAT is a bar I would like to hang out in.

#24 9 years ago

They have started. It is slated for an Aug/Sept opening.

#25 9 years ago

Are you still looking for a tech?

2 months later
    #26 9 years ago

Any update on the location opening?

#27 9 years ago

I heard November.

2 months later
    #29 9 years ago

Drew,
    Any idea what PINS will be at the Detroit Punch Bowl Social?

#30 9 years ago

Why are techs so hard to find? I've been asked several times to work as a tech and I do not know enough to do it.

#31 9 years ago

They are not hard to find. They are hard to pay their asking price.

#32 9 years ago

Why hasn't anyone mentioned clay harrol. He lives in novi still I think. He does it for a living. I'm sure he could be your goto guy for repair service calls.
    pinrepair.com

6 months later
    #33 8 years ago

Anyone been to the Detroit Punch Bowl?
    Do they have video arcade and pinball machines?

#34 8 years ago

They only have a few vids and two pins.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

Anyone been to the Detroit Punch Bowl?
    Do they have video arcade and pinball machines?

I visited one of the first weekends. Alpha Amusements brought in a TWD, XM and something else.
    There was foam inside the well walker on TWD. NIB owners notice a big yellow page attached to the well walker or glass with zip ties explaining to remove the foam inside the well walker. They snipped the zip ties but didn't remove the foam.

The flippers I think on XM were goofed up. Something that looks like / /, if you can imagine that. I took pictures. Laughed. Left.

I was tempted to work out a pinball deal there since I work in Detroit. But then as I left I noticed water running. It was coming from the ceiling and getting on the games. I then realized this business isn't for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcadepinball-tech-wanted-detroit-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.