(Topic ID: 80721)

Anyone want to sell a Predator for $6,000?

By kaneda

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

My favorite movie of all time and realized I got in on this late. Anyone want to sell their spot?

#2 10 years ago

and so it begins...

#3 10 years ago

Gave my spot back a few weeks ago. Needed funds for other things.
Get on a wait list with Kevin. I am sure some more will break free when they ask for payment in full.

#4 10 years ago

Get to the choppah!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Get on a wait list with Kevin. I am sure some more will break free when they ask for payment in full.

How do I contact him?

#6 10 years ago

It looks so kickass.....wish they would make more than 250

#7 10 years ago

Get on the wait list, there should be plenty available when it comes time for people to write the checks.

#8 10 years ago

hrmmm........

We're supposed to get a HUGE update in the first week in April. If that gets pushed again and nothing surfaces in April, I might consider it. Too many other great pins out there to wait indefinitely on one.

#9 10 years ago

He is on the message boards find a predator thread and speak up or mail him at [email protected]

Best of luck in your search.

#10 10 years ago

When is this pin supposed to ship? This year?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When is this pin supposed to ship? This year?

Info here

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

We're supposed to get a HUGE update in the first week in April.

Actually we were supposed to get the 'huge' update months ago and the latest estimate was that games would start shipping in April. We didn't get the update, so I'm not too confident about the April launch either.

#13 10 years ago

If you get the OK from Kevin about buying my spot. Let me know.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I also gave my spot up after seeing and playing the proto (I know of several others that did the same thing)
Get on the list games will come available when real money is called for.

#15 10 years ago

Was the game no good / no fun? What made you change your mind?

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

+1?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

+3

#18 10 years ago

Anyone else play it recently that's had the same reaction. Read through the entire 140 page thread and it seems there is nothing blind blind faith in this game and limited production number driving people towards it...Love the theme, but not sure it stacks up to the quality JJP/Stern/Spooky are brining.

#19 10 years ago

I've played it in three different phases. The theme rocks, there's some innovative gameplay elements (Hunt Mode is very satisfying), but quality-wise, it feels much more "homemade" than a comparably priced Stern Pro. We'll have to see how the new clear ramps and misc hardware tighten things down for the release.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I've played it in three different phases. The theme rocks, there's some innovative gameplay elements (Hunt Mode is very satisfying), but quality-wise, it feels much more "homemade" than a comparably priced Stern Pro. We'll have to see how the new clear ramps and misc hardware tighten things down for the release.

Of course it's going to feel "homemade" because everything that we have played have been white wood prototypes with used parts that have been salvaged off of other pins. I played Pred at the 2012 Expo and thought that it was fast, furious and a lot of fun. Then I played it at Michigan Pinball expo 2013 and thought that it was a dog. It felt like an old, routed pin.

My point? I don't think anyone should pass judgment on the pin until the final completed game is out. Hopefully we'll all see the badass pin that I loved at Expo 2012. I have a good feeling we will.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Of course it's going to feel "homemade" because everything that we have played have been white wood prototypes with used parts that have been salvaged off of other pins. I played Pred at the 2012 Expo and thought that it was fast, furious and a lot of fun. Then I played it at Michigan Pinball expo 2013 and thought that it was a dog. It felt like an old, routed pin.
My point? I don't think anyone should pass judgment on the pin until the final completed game is out. Hopefully we'll all see the badass pin that I loved at Expo 2012. I have a good feeling we will.

So your point is that it currently is a dog but not to worry because you have a good feeling?

#22 10 years ago

Never has a machine been exposed to the public through all the development phases like this game. Of course final judgement should be made after the final product is out. I played the game at Allentown last year and was impressed, it did feel like it played different than other games, similar to how a Williams plays different than a Data East, or any other manufacturer, they all have their own feel. Like most things in pinball these days, this pin will probably very polarizing, you'll either like it or you won't, not too much in between.

I think there's something to be said about the game being released with finished code (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!) and code that is pretty bad ass at that. Everyone in on this project is taking a risk, as others have said when it comes time to put up the cash people will drop, others will probably buy it then sell it, others will keep it forever.

#23 10 years ago

Oh vey, another Allentown coming up. Will the proto with paper towel tubes be set up again.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So your point is that it currently is a dog but not to worry because you have a good feeling?

No, I thought that the prototype at MPE was a dog. It was very apparent that it had been played hundreds of times if not more. The playfield was dirty and the parts seemed wore out.

My feeling is that once they have a finished product with brand new parts, the pin will play fast and furious like the prototype I played at Expo.

Or, maybe they maybe they somehow did turn the pin into a dog and the Finished product will be just like the prototype at MPE? We won't know until they release the finished product.

1 year later
#25 9 years ago

Bump

#27 9 years ago

I actually got someone back then to sell me their spot. Our agreement was I'd pay him$250 non-refundable and then the balance once he owed more. When Kevin asked him for more money I had already gotten LOTR and didn't have room for predator. I lost my $250. So technically I did lose money on predator too

#28 9 years ago

Oh, you mean you lost money while trying to screw someone over on the wait list? Boo-f*cking-hoo

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Oh, you mean you lost money while trying to screw someone over on the wait list? Boo-f*cking-hoo

In hindsight, I may have saved that wait list person $5000.

#30 9 years ago

If I had more time, I would go back and quote every time you've called Predator a pointless, boring, basic game... and every time you've called anyone who wanted one stupid. Instead, I am just going to close this thread that became an obvious troll thread the second you bumped it 14 months later while people are still out thousands of dollars. Way to be classy.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-want-to-sell-a-predator-for-6000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.