(Topic ID: 26113)

Anyone know when CPR will be finishing High Speed Playfield?

By NinJaBooT

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hs.jpg
IMG_20140107_221713_342.jpg
HS_Ferrari_Preview.png
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Full.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-4.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-3.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-2.jpg
HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-1.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Anybody know when Classic Playfield Reproductions will completing HS? I pre ordered one 8 months ago but there hasn't been any updates. Any word on the street?

#2 11 years ago

I read that there was a guy in Europe (Germany, I think) working on the playfield artwork, and he fell out of contact with the folks at CPR. CPR was trying to see if anyone knew of his whereabouts, so they could see if he was going to finish the artwork, or if they could get the artwork from him and have somebody else complete it.

I read this possibly on RGP around a few months ago, so I hope I'm not off on my info. If I am, I'm sure someone will feel free to correct me.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

If I am, I'm sure someone will feel free to correct me.

Ha! I feel like lately thats all people on here are doing: waiting to correct someone.

Bumping this up as I am interested too.

#4 11 years ago

I have a mint nos pf that I would trade towards a system 11 pin.

#5 11 years ago

I got nothing for trade. How much would it take for you to part with it?

#6 11 years ago

Check with Mirco and Stephen at [email protected] out of Germany. I received a FH playfield from them. Excellent quality, no complaints, fast shipping

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from jag_mopar:

Check with Mirco and Stephen at [email protected] out of Germany. I received a FH playfield from them. Excellent quality, no complaints, fast shipping

Just sent them a message. Thanks for the link!

8 months later
#8 10 years ago

I'm the guy who re-created the artwork for the CPR reproduction. Sorry that it took so long, but I run several businesses and my to do list is virtually endless. Here are some teasers of my work. I've asked Mark Sprenger (the artist who designed the playfield artwork back in 1985) here and there for advice, and he really likes the result. (Note that my simulated plastic inserts are only mimicking placeholders to give you an idea what the final playfield looks like).

For the Illustrator users amongst us: the artwork file has 180,000+ anchor points on 27,000+ paths.

The playfield is currently in production: I've seen pictures of the blank boards with inserts already glued in and being sanded. Silkscreening (13 layers) and clear-coating (5 layers) will take another 2-3 months, so you should expect the final playfield to ship approx. in September (2013).

HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-1.jpgHS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-1.jpg HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-2.jpgHS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-2.jpg HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-3.jpgHS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-3.jpg HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-4.jpgHS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Detail-4.jpg HS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Full.jpgHS-Playfield-Preview-Final-Full.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Wookbert, that looks friken amazing!! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I should have ordered 2. Thanks for the pics.

#10 10 years ago

WOW!!! How much that baby gonna sell for? Shipped of course.

#11 10 years ago

Awesome Work.

#12 10 years ago

Beautiful~! ...wish I still had my High Speed.

#14 10 years ago

The pre-order price is $699 but they are not accepting any more pre-orders. Does that mean they are sold out? Or does that mean all who pre-ordered get the Gold and all that's left from the run are the Silver and Bronze.

#15 10 years ago

Ditto.. LOL

#16 10 years ago

So extremely excited for this to get done! Got on the preorder list the day it opened. Thank you for the work you put into this!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The pre-order price is $699 but they are not accepting any more pre-orders. Does that mean they are sold out? Or does that mean all who pre-ordered get the Gold and all that's left from the run are the Silver and Bronze.

According to my knowledge the production run is limited by the license holder to 125 units in total. Count yourself lucky if you pre-ordered. If you didn't your only chance might be to check the CPR webstore (http://classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html) once in a while, beginning late July. Bronze ones might show up, I doubt that there will be silver or gold ones left over.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

According to my knowledge the production run is limited by the license holder to 125 units in total. Count yourself lucky if you pre-ordered.

Wow if this is true... there's so many High Speeds that need a PF... sad news.

#20 10 years ago

To give you an idea of the insanity of this project: Here’s a Wireframe Preview of the Illustrator file (you have to download the image from my server, to see the full 8 by 4 K glory. Needless to say that I can't provide the vector data). As written above, 180,000+ anchor points on 27,000+ paths and hundreds of hours. Colors overlap and overprint where they should.

If Kevin from CPR prints them properly (which I have zero doubt about), these things will be way better than any NOS PF. Kudos however to the original creators including Mark Sprenger, who back in 1985 did not have the digital tools as we have today, and who must have had bleeding fingers from holding those rapidograph pens and cutting those Rubylith films.

For the sake of fairness it should be said that the High Speed playfield has only a medium level of complexity, and that there are many playfield reproductions at CPR, which have a much, much more detailed artwork. So, hat tip to my fellow CPR art team members.

#21 10 years ago

Finally, here's just one little detail (click image for close up/more details) which shows you the misregistration in the original 1985 playfield one has to deal with, and what the artwork looks like, once one has figured out, which colors, edges and lines are supposed to go where... It's the guesswork which takes/took that much time.

HS_Ferrari_Preview.pngHS_Ferrari_Preview.png

#22 10 years ago

I can't wait to get this playfield! Nice work Wookbert.

#23 10 years ago

Real nice.. Great game...It deserves this. Is the backglass in the making as well??

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Is the backglass in the making as well??

You have to contact CPR on this. Stuart Wright of CPR has completed the HS Backglass artwork according to the CPR Art Team page, but I don't know about production schedule. The plastics will become available again along with the PF AFAIK. If you get info on the Backglass schedule, you should perhaps share it right here.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

You have to contact CPR on this. Stuart Right of CPR has completed the HS Backglass artwork according to the CPR Art Team page, but I don't know about production schedule. The plastics will become available again along with the PF AFAIK. If you get info on the Backglass schedule, you should perhaps share it right here.

If I can't have a PF I'll take a BG. How many BG do ya think they would make? 125 like the PF.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If I can't have a PF I'll take a BG. How many BG do ya think they would make? 125 like the PF.

Really can't tell, I'm just an Art Team member. You will have to nag Kevin at CPR on this, he's the only one who can answer this. Feel free to nag him on the PF too, perhaps he can convince the license holder that there is demand for a second run.

#27 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Wookbert! I cant wait to get mine.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

Really can't tell, I'm just an Art Team member. You will have to nag Kevin at CPR on this, he's the only one who can answer this. Feel free to nag him on the PF too, perhaps he can convince the license holder that there is demand for a second run.

Nagging not my style, only pisses people off but thanks.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

Finally, here's just one little detail (click image for close up/more details) which shows you the misregistration in the original 1985 playfield one has to deal with, and what the artwork looks like, once one has figured out, which colors, edges and lines are supposed to go where... It's the guesswork which takes/took that much time.

That looks really, really good.
I love craftsman like you who spend so much time on the "details".
Nicely done.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#30 10 years ago

For those who asked: just saw that the High Speed backglass reproduction is now available for order and obviously in stock: http://classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

For those who asked: just saw that the High Speed backglass reproduction is now available for order and obviously in stock: http://classicplayfields.com/store-backglass.html

Wookbert, thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one. Im super exited to get my hands on one of these as well as a playfield.

2 months later
#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

so you should expect the final playfield to ship approx. in September (2013).

September is almost gone. Any news ?

#33 10 years ago

being printed right after the 2 New Backglasses we are starting on monday.....

#34 10 years ago

I'm so excited. I can't wait to have a CQ HS machine!!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

September is almost gone. Any news ?

Never finished yours after all that work on the insert decals? They worked great for me! Thanks again.

-Jim

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Sweet!

I am gonna ask...What backglasses?

#37 10 years ago

I have the High Speed backglasses, http://starship-fantasy.com/backglasses/High-Speed. I hope to have a few playfields also but cannot guarantee anything. If there are any Bronze Playfields, I will get those.

#38 10 years ago

I'm pretty sure Pinbot is one of them. I think Diner is the other. You can rely on Stuart's posts. He knows much more than I do when it comes to production issues.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I have the High Speed backglasses, http://starship-fantasy.com/backglasses/High-Speed. I hope to have a few playfields also but cannot guarantee anything. If there are any Bronze Playfields, I will get those.

My backglass is pretty nice, and cannot afford to upgrade right now.

I set aside the cash for the PF the day the pre-order opened up and I jumped on the list.

I have gotten very close to selling/trading my HS, but with the PF getting that close to being done, it is staying.

#40 10 years ago

Nope & Nope.....

Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm pretty sure Pinbot is one of them. I think Diner is the other

#41 10 years ago

So, roughly speaking, print then CC and curing = 2-3 months?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

My bank balance hates you

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Nope & Nope.....

I'm gonna hold out hope for mirrored EATPM then!

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Wookbert:

According to my knowledge the production run is limited by the license holder to 125 units in total. Count yourself lucky if you pre-ordered

Hmm.. so THAT's why they only produce so many. I always thought it was because they were trying to keep the demand high.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Hopefully Lost World is one of them as I need 3

#46 10 years ago

Only 125 huh? I wonder what the production #s for Firepower were and if I should consider myself lucky to have gotten one of those?? I managed to get a 2nd with an awesome clear. Only 1 dinged corner that'll be hidden by a side rail.

Kind of sad news there's only 125. So many HS games could use one. I'd like to see everyone that wanted one, get one. But what are ya gonna do right?... I also hope that everyone that gets one uses it in a game rather than hoard it and then sell it for super stupid money once they're all gone... Those people to me only care about the money, not the preservation of a game which is why CPR does what it does to begin with.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#47 10 years ago

Until proof is posted up, the number of 125 is pure speculation and should be taken as such....

#48 10 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker????

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Never finished yours after all that work on the insert decals?

Cleaning pieces once in a while when you have 30 or 60 minutes of free time works great.

Playfield touchups (applying and cutting frisket, airbrushing) on the other hand, requires a great chunk of continuous time, something I don't have anymore (young kids, girlfriend, home improvement projects).

I'm waiting for the CPR pf and will finish restoring my old playfield when I get the time, someday, without stress.

4 weeks later
#50 10 years ago

I'm looking at a highspeed now, it'd be great to get a repro playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-know-when-cpr-will-be-finishing-high-speed-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.