(Topic ID: 60342)

FS: Anyone in or near NC want a good Williams Diner?

By Craig

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Craig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Diner_with_topper.jpg
#1 10 years ago

This just came up because of B_R's Tommy, which I would like to buy but only if I can sell something very quickly to raise the cash and to make room.

The one pin I have that cost me almost exactly the same as the Tommy is my Diner. (I have about $2,600 in it plus $50 for the topper.) I bought it for my wife a few months ago, but she never really got into it. (My son likes it a lot, however.) I'd consider selling it to buy the Tommy, but it would all have to come together very quickly. I say this on the small chance that there is someone in the area wishing to buy an unusually good Diner (great cab, new apron decal, full LEDs, clear-coated playfield--only minus is the fact that the clear coating has yellowed a bit, and the playfield has some new decals under the clear coat--an excellent candidate for a top-notch Diner once CPR makes the playfield repos).

If interested, pop me a PM. I will be out part of this evening (Monday), but will check messages when I get home. This will either happen right away or not at all.

No worries if this doesn't work out. As many of you will understand, I like the symmetry of getting the Tommy, but it is not something I need. The Diner is a fine pin in its own right.

Diner_with_topper.jpgDiner_with_topper.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Ugh. Why can't you be closer to MI? Love the machine, and the topper looks good!

#3 10 years ago

Awesome custom made topper, glws

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Why can't you be closer to MI?

Believe me, I wish I was, too! I'd have to make this a very quick sale to get the Tommy, but time is running out. Well, it's not as though that is the last Tommy I'll ever see. I might not be so eager to swap out the Diner for it if I am in less of a hurry. "Buy in haste; repent in leisure!"

On the other hand, I know I am going to have to sell a couple of pins eventually to make room, so the Diner will probably have to go someday. I don't have room to keep adding pins, and there are others that I would like to have, if only for several months. This is the side of pinball ownership I don't enjoy!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Ugh. Why can't you be closer to MI? Love the machine, and the topper looks good!

Have you talked to Dayhuff about the one he's selling?

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Believe me, I wish I was, too! I'd have to make this a very quick sale to get the Tommy, but time is running out. Well, it's not as though that is the last Tommy I'll ever see. I might not be so eager to swap out the Diner for it if I am in less of a hurry. "Buy in haste; repent in leisure!"
On the other hand, I know I am going to have to sell a couple of pins eventually to make room, so the Diner will probably have to go someday. I don't have room to keep adding pins, and there are others that I would like to have, if only for several months. This is the side of pinball ownership I don't enjoy!

Yeah, I know. I hate selling machines to make room! I hope you find a buyer, and are able to get that Tommy. It's a fun game.

Quoted from RCA1:

Have you talked to Dayhuff about the one he's selling?

Yup. Talked with him. We're a bit apart. We'll see if we can come to a happy ground.

#7 10 years ago

It is probably too late for me to sell this in time to get the other pin, which is a not unexpected outcome. Still, if someone sees this and would like to buy the Diner, I am open to selling it. I know I am going to have to let go of some things before long, so I have to be willing to sell if and when the right opportunity comes along.

I could take a small loss and let it go for $2,500. (The topper is $50.) I would greatly prefer to sell to someone who can come and see the pin for himself (or herself) before buying. I want you to know exactly what you are getting and be satisfied with it before handing over your hard-earned cash. So, that probably limits this to those within a reasonable driving distance of central North Carolina.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-in-or-near-nc-want-a-good-williams-diner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.