(Topic ID: 81003)

Anybody know of a Patrick Cruz from Texas?

By Schusler

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yuuuup.jpeg
    image-326.jpg
    image-215.jpg
    image-823.jpg
    198576.jpg
    198545.jpg
    mb-scam.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

He has a machine I'm currently on the hunt for. Just looking if he's legit or not. Any references?

#2 10 years ago

Might be more helpful to list the general area... we're kind of like four states in one down here..

#3 10 years ago

anyone know someone named francios benet in France?

#4 10 years ago

I'll get more diligent details....

#5 10 years ago

Got a little more details, he resides in Dallas.....

#6 10 years ago

I've never heard of em... I guess I could ask on our local facebook group..

#7 10 years ago

Posted it..I'll let you know if I get any responses..

#8 10 years ago

If he's from Dallas you better watch out

#9 10 years ago

Did you ask him for any?

#10 10 years ago

Go to that website where you pay a small fee, you give his name and location. You can see if he has a bad record and so on.

#11 10 years ago

Is he a Bagger?

Oh no... that's Ted.

Nevermind.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Go to that website where you pay a small fee, you give his name and location. You can see if he has a bad record and so on.

Just have a nice conversation with him and when you get some info like he's got some land or a pond or camper something then just google earth his address. I did this when I bought my addams family from a guy in Florida.

#13 10 years ago

Hey i think i sold someone a Addams Family in Iowa.I see what you did there.

#14 10 years ago

Your a funny guy, with a very good memory.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Hey i think i sold someone a Addams Family in Iowa.I see what you did there.

It was the first time I ever wired money to buy a pin and boy was I nervous! LOL! It worked out great though, turns out he was a nice guy.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words . And yes i like to ease peoples minds when i sell a pin from faraway. I just wish all sellers would do the same for me.Staying in touch with the buyer is very important when doing a long distant transaction.

#17 10 years ago

Bumpin' this up for any Dallas folks....

#18 10 years ago

Ive dealt with many folks over the years in this area & state for that matter and i've Never heard of him.

#19 10 years ago

I have not heard of him..was it t CL? Retail site?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I have not heard of him..was it t CL? Retail site?

I believe he found me through a Mr. Pinball classified wtb ad.

I'm leaning towards scammer as well....

#21 10 years ago

Scam I have the same guy emailing me and same name and he is saying he is from Kansas city

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

Scam I have the same guy emailing me and same name and he is saying he is from Kansas city

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

#23 10 years ago

I have been in the DFW area selling and buying lotza pinball machines. This name does not ring any bell...AT ALL....Stranger . Danger.

#24 10 years ago

Scam bait him. It's a Lotta fun. Look for examples online.

#25 10 years ago

I was also recently contacted by a Patrick Cruz from a want ad I posted on Mr. Pinball Classifieds. Here's my correspondence with him:
    ----------------------------

Am located in Texas and i have the Black Knight 2000 you need in a perfect working condition , if you interested contact me for pics and price .

Regards,

Pat.

Hello Pat!

Thanks for getting in touch with me about the Black Knight 2000. I'm in Detroit, so it'd be a trip or shipment to get the machine, but I am curious. Could you send me pics and your asking price?

Thank you!

Best,

-Ryan

I have attached the pictures of the machine am asking $2250 for it including the cost of shipping take a look and get back to me .

(Attached are 5 blurry, compressed pictures of a Black Knight 2000)

Thanks for getting back to me - the machine looks nice! Does the playfield have factory mylar? What's the battery situation?

Thanks!
    i have owned this machine for 7months now and is a perfect working condition and has never being repaired , the switches and electronics along with all the parts are in good working condition, the playfield has no wears or tears same as the cabinet and the painting is original.

Regards.
    (for the record, "no wears and tears" is bologna. Even through the fuzz of the compressed images I can see at least 1 broken plastic. At this point I have seen this thread and I'm onto him.)

Thanks for the description. Could you take a photo of the circuit boards for me? I'd like to see how you have the battery connected is all.

Also, does the play field have the factory mylar on it still? Could you take a nice close-up picture of the center "magna save" spot for me?

Thank you!

THAT did him in?! Wow, that was easy. I guess he didn't have any more images of a phantom machine to show

So yeah...I'd say it's safe to label this one "SCAMMER".

#26 10 years ago

"thats much stress for me"

i'll use that at work this week.

#28 10 years ago

careful my friend

hehe...

mb-scam.jpgmb-scam.jpg

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

careful my friend

mb-scam.jpg 66 KB

Still looks photo shopped, but not bad!

#30 10 years ago

yeah, the lighting is off, and both the shadows were quickies...
    paper tilt is off some too.

email is clearly wrong...
    should be something like [email protected]

#31 10 years ago

Before -
    198545.jpg198545.jpg

After -
    198576.jpg198576.jpg

Definitely Photoshop, definitely a scam.

#32 10 years ago

hehehe...
    it's made up

i would make a terrible scammer...

#33 10 years ago

I don't know if there's a scammer section in this forum, but if that's the case... this dips**t should be added to the list.

#34 10 years ago

Wow I am surprised Patrick just sent me this pic....
    image-823.jpgimage-823.jpg

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

seriously ?

#36 10 years ago

Seriously! I just got the above pic with this email (see below)

Subject: Re: MB pinball for sale
    patrick cruz <[email protected]>
    Sent you the pics ...

#37 10 years ago

hmmm....

i guess the ball's back in your court?
    a) run for the hills?
    b) re-engage?
    b.1) find & send a local pinsider to the seller's location to verify?
    b.1) pay?
    c) other?

(crazy odds) lurkers unite

#38 10 years ago

Well the machine now has black rubber on it instead of white..
    Here is the playfield pics from 2 days ago.
    image-326.jpgimage-326.jpgimage-215.jpgimage-215.jpg

#39 10 years ago

Old sayin' goes: if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is....

#40 10 years ago

Well the machine now has black rubber on it instead of white..

He obviously shopped it, a 3.3K MB would always get the thorough 5star treatment before it is shipped.

#41 10 years ago

The angle of the paper doesn't match the angle of the glass, too square dimensionally for it to be sitting flat on the glass. It's too perfectly centered and squared to the pic. It looks to be hanging down from the glass instead. I think it's a shop job ... photo shop that is. Your call from here.

Steve

#42 10 years ago

Get his address and with a couple of clicks, you can check property tax records. You'll at least be able to see if he owns the house at the address. If he does, good chance it's legit.

#43 10 years ago

image-823.jpg 94 KB

this is a really pathetic photoshop attempt. notice the "note" is a pixel-perfect rectangle in relation to the borders of the image. if it were real, it would be laying at an angle and slightly trapezoidal in shape. it's really sloppy.

in fact, he just took this image:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/103881/1783594-mb4.jpg

third google result for "monster bash playfield", and pasted in a note he scanned. that image has the exact same glares, damage and marks on frankie's foot and the scoop, and same reflections in the same spots.

#44 10 years ago

LOL, good detective work, I was wondering why the pic looked cropped too.

Steve

Quoted from pezpunk:

this is a really pathetic photoshop attempt. notice the "note" is a pixel-perfect rectangle in relation to the borders of the image. if it were real, it would be laying at an angle and slightly trapezoidal in shape. it's really sloppy.
    third google result for "monster bash playfield", and pasted in a note he scanned.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

The angle of the paper doesn't match the angle of the glass, too square dimensionally for it to be sitting flat on the glass. It's too perfectly centered and squared to the pic. It looks to be hanging down from the glass instead. I think it's a shop job ... photo shop that is. Your call from here.
    Steve

Quoted from pezpunk:

third google result for "monster bash playfield", and pasted in a note he scanned. that image has the exact same glares, damage and marks on frankie's foot and the scoop, and same reflections in the same spots.

Totally agree it just doesn't look right... It's kind of hanging there but the angles are wrong. I have to say I am impressed that he went thru the effort seeing as how he wouldn't even send rythom (see post above) a pic of the boards on the other imaginary machine he is selling.

#46 10 years ago

Uh, he is reading pinside....

#47 10 years ago

Then I'd suggest change his name and sharpen his photo shop skills. He also should quit Pinside since he's not a smart scammer.

Steve

Quoted from MrBally:

#48 10 years ago

This reads like a lot of those Nigerian prince scams.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

yuuuup.jpegyuuuup.jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-know-of-a-patrick-cruz-from-texas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.