Anybody got a minty TAF playfield for sale?

Started 2 years ago by schwarz in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Anybody got a minty TAF playfield for sale?

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by schwarz
  • 17 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from tracelifter

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Lemme know,
    Dave

2 years ago
    #

I thought there was a rumor of a rerun of these in the near future???

pin-tastic

Pinball addict
    1,161,150 4
    2 years ago
    #

I heard Illinois pinball was getting ready to do another run, price in the 750 range.

http://www.illinoispinball.com

2 years ago
    #

Yes, TAF, MM, MB and CV are all reportedly being run this year. I'd wait if you can as prices now will be extremely high!

2 years ago
    #

Is there a wait list?

2 years ago
    #

Supposedly Gene is in all sorts of lawsuits with all the other Bally/Williams license holders. Who knows what the status is these days? Gene had MB and SS playfields for sale at TPF a few weeks back. I know that he got in hot water for running those SS PFs, but that isn't stopping him from selling them. I know that Planetary bought everything that Wayne had, and only left Wayne with the right to reproduce MM. If that is so, then Gene doesn't have the rights, himself, to MM. He would have to have an agreement with Planetary to run those.

2 years ago
    #

Are the ones from Marcos any good?

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I've got a IPB with Ron Kruzman ceramic clearcoating. I'm not completely sure that I'd part with it though. It's gorgeous! Where is the market at on these anyway?

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    treveism said:

Yes, TAF, MM, MB and CV are all reportedly being run this year. I'd wait if you can as prices now will be extremely high!

confirmed from a reliable source

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I talked to a reliable source yesterday, who said not to believe anything coming out of IPB right now. Gene isn't producing anything for the time being. There are legal measures in place to prevent it.

pinstor12

Pinball addict
    1,552,850 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I talked to a reliable source yesterday, who said not to believe anything coming out of IPB right now. Gene isn't producing anything for the time being. There are legal measures in place to prevent it.

"Surprise, Surprise, Surprise", says Gomer. Better get that playfield.........

Russo121

Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I was told last summer from IPB that they would have TAF playfields out by the end of november. November came and went and got no further reply from them. Oh well....

Atomicboy

Pinball guru
    5,482,400 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I have recently heard that Gene is broke, and is involved in all kinds of litigation, both suing and being sued. This is just what I heard, but to me, his ventures do not look bright.

For such a small hobby, there sure is a LOT of fighting everywhere. I hope this information is wrong.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I've heard the same thing about Gene. No product anytime soon, if ever.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Marcos has em in stock. Anyone know the deal on these?

Russo121

Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #

It states on the marco site they are out of stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Addams Family&S_CAT1=PFLD-PLAYFIELD

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    exflexer said:

I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.

They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Russo121 said:

It states on the marco site they are out of stock:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Addams Family&S_CAT1=PFLD-PLAYFIELD

Ah crap, my bad. Just noticed that myself also. Musta been drunk last time I checked.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I think we are all pretty screwed for awhile on PFs. There have been a ton of licenses change hands, and people are both confused and defiant about what they have, what they had, when it expired, who bought what, and who granted what.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

I had my my name on the list for a new TAF playfield, I was told as well early spring they would be ready. I got tired of waiting and bought an old playfield that has been touched up and clearcoated on Ebay. Probably paid a little much for it but with the way everyone is talking about all of the legal issues it may be the best way to go.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

If the owners of the liscenses are not going to remake the PFs and there is a need, then I say #$*! em.

I would like to have both a TAF and MM PF.

Russo121

Pinball addict
    1,056,250 2
    1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    MrDo said:

exflexer said:I have heard that they are going to confiscate peoples playfields. I have heard that Hoffa's body lies in the foundation of a building in almost every city.
    They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead hands!

Shouldnt be too hard if you're dead. Pliers and rigor mortis ridden corpses go together like peaches and cream....hehe.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Well, I emailed IPB today and got an email to say they ARE running more this year and are testing the ink at the moment. Good news:)

1 year, 12 months ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

If the owners of the liscenses are not going to remake the PFs and there is a need, then I say #$*! em.
    I would like to have both a TAF and MM PF.

For what it is worth, I was told a week ago directly from the source (IPB) that MM playfields WILL be rerun this year.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Ha! Did Gene also tell you that he was going to start production on Kingpin next month? Yeah. He has been saying that for two years now. Everything is always "just about to start" over at IPB.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

DING DING DING.

We have a winner, folks.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
    http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

gambit3113 said:

Ha! Did Gene also tell you that he was going to start production on Kingpin next month? Yeah. He has been saying that for two years now. Everything is always "just about to start" over at IPB.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

My how the world turns in pinball.

One day cock of the walk, the next a feather duster.

1 year, 12 months ago
    #

Hey Dave,
    Since "minty" might be hard to find, what are you willing to accept?

I'll be pulling my playfield out in a couple of months for a new IPB/Kruzman PF I bought of another pinsider. My current PF is about an 8-8.5 I would say. The mansion is in great shape, just a few hairlines around some inserts, but nothing is worn at all.
    A bit of wear on the chair hole but it's totally covered by the protector. I also have a very slight bit of yellowing where magnet burn was starting to happen, but luckily it was caught in time.
    My plan was to restore it with some airbrush touch-ups and do a professional clear.... just for practice really.
    If your current one is trashed and you're willing to wait a little bit, you are welcome to it.
    Send me a PM if interested.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Still lookin... Thanks for a great backup plan Drano.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    schwarz said:

Still lookin... Thanks for a great backup plan Drano.

No worries, like I said, PM me with your email and I'll send pics of mine. Since I don't plan to do the swap until Summer, you have plenty of time to continue searching.

AuS

Senior pinhead
    258,150 1
    1 year, 7 months ago
    #

Is there any word or update on these runs of the playfields. Haven't seen anything yet.

1 year, 7 months ago
    #
    gambit3113 said:

Supposedly Gene is in all sorts of lawsuits with all the other Bally/Williams license holders. Who knows what the status is these days? Gene had MB and SS playfields for sale at TPF a few weeks back. I know that he got in hot water for running those SS PFs, but that isn't stopping him from selling them. I know that Planetary bought everything that Wayne had, and only left Wayne with the right to reproduce MM. If that is so, then Gene doesn't have the rights, himself, to MM. He would have to have an agreement with Planetary to run those.

Gene had two MB PF's and I bought one of them and went through the SS PF's and bought one of them also.
    Some of them had registration issues.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple