(Topic ID: 75018)

Anybody ever play a 1987 Bally CITY SLICKER?

By CaptainFantastic

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skrippy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Ive always been into the "Gangster" Era of the 20's/30's so this Bonnie + Clyde themed Pinball interests me. They only made 300 but I might be able to get one. There is VERY little info to be found on this machine from a Players perspective so ANY comments on Gameplay would be appreciated. Not sure I want to spend about 2K if it sucks the big one. Any info/advise would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 10 years ago

Had one for a short while, not a keeper for me. The coolest thing was the backglass.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 10 years ago

Whoa.......$2K ?? $800 tops in my book and thats only because of the rarity of the game and the cool backglass. I'll sell you my Who Dunnit for $2K, much better game.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4 10 years ago

Not into DMD pins but thanks. The 2K included 400 shipping. Somebody else warned me as well that its a Real Stinker. Hopefully I can find the BG by itself someday. Thanks John!!

#5 10 years ago

I played one @ SPF this year. It's certainly a pretty game and the upper playfield was kind of novel. The game at SPF was a meticulous restoration, very pretty. The artwork on the game is great.

As far as gameplay, I enjoyed it, but it's not a machine I'd find myself going back to over and over. It seemed very difficult to get the ball up the steep left ramp. (Right flipper seemed plenty strong, the ramp was just insanely steep. I don't think the ramp shot is super important to gameplay though) The reverse outlane configuration was pretty enjoyable. A well timed nudge would save an inlane drain. The auto-flip that shoots the ball towards you was also pretty neat. Although that flipper seemed to get in the way of play quite a lot.

There's a video of me playing the game somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it.

#6 10 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201526895828287&l=7476927869636420274

This is a video of Mr. Lynx playing it.

Hope it works.

#7 10 years ago

This isn't the video of me, but it's the same machine at the same show.

#8 10 years ago

Also, my video showcases multiball .

I'd forgotten hahah

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Skrippy:

Also, my video showcases multiball .
I'd forgotten hahah

Briefly....

#10 10 years ago

It could have been worse, really.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing!! That "Uptown" PF is ridiculous.

#12 10 years ago

Good Lord those LED's are horrible.

Chris

#13 10 years ago

I had one years ago. The backglass is the only good thing about this game. I was told that the Autoflip flipper was originally designed to be operated by an opponent using a cable with a flipper button attached. Test locations were reporting that the cable was being ripped out of the game so that idea was scrapped. Perhaps the game played better as designed.

#14 10 years ago

The pop bumper in the upper playfield was supposed to be another flipper controlled by the 2nd player as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-ever-play-a-1987-bally-city-slicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.