Any other Pinsiders going to see Roger Waters tonight?

Started 1 year ago by gweempose in forum Off topicOff-topic bar.

Forum » Off topic » Off-topic bar » Topic

Any other Pinsiders going to see Roger Waters tonight?

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by gweempose
  • 19 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from TheLaw

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

My brother and I are heading over to Wrigley to see Waters perform The Wall tonight. I'm so psyched! Anybody else going?

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Going Sunday night in Louisville KY

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

He did The Wall a couple of years ago in the Detroit area. Fantastic show!!! Have fun!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I saw him in Dallas earlier this year. An incredible show! You are in for a treat!!!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I am going tonight with two guys from my office and I am bringing Mike from GAP. Where are you sitting?
    Jim

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    BackFlipper said:

Where are you sitting?

On the field in "Section N". How about you guys?

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Saw him in Denver about a month ago. Awesome show! We need a Pink Floyd pin!!!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

We need 2 LE's of Pink Floyd. I would buy both "The Wall" and "Dark Side of the Moon." They would be awesome in sound, toys and artistically. Unfortunately, I think licensing is very difficult here.

We are on the field just in front of you. We don't have our seats because we have to pick them up at 5:30. It's like a fan club VIP thing. We are between rows 4-10 in either D, E or F. I will PM you my cell if you want to find us.

Jim

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    BackFlipper said:

We need 2 LE's of Pink Floyd. I would buy both "The Wall" and "Dark Side of the Moon." They would be awesome in sound, toys and artistically. Unfortunately, I think licensing is very difficult here.

Yes, I have had the same thoughts...

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I'm so effing jealous. Thats going to be a great show. Have fun guys. I'm going to find out when he's in my area and buy tickets. I hate being jealous.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Rogerwaterstours.net.

Show in wash, dc is 7/12/12. I'm there. Can't wait. Only $97.00 too

Edit: not $95.00, good bit more depending on tickets. Mine were $130+ fees each.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

man! love Floyd. Color me Jealous!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

You suck-diddly-uck! I saw him in 2007 when he did his Dark Side of the Moon tour. Easily one of the top three concerts I have been to. I would buy a NIB PFDSOTM pin in a heartbeat!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Great show. Your all going to remember this one. Make my PFLE an Animals pin. My all-time favorite LP.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I bought front row center VIP tickets when they came out almost 8 months ago...Cost a pretty penny but I'm such a huge floyd fan I had to bite. Show is in July in my area and can't wait.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Almost got tickets for the show in San Diego, can't believe I missed out on that.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Seen it last Sunday Mpls MN. Freaking awesome !!!!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

7-1-12 at Fenway Park.
    The Wall at "The Wall"

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Saw floyd in 88 and again in 94 if memory serves, both times in texas stadium. i envy you guys tonight

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

It was awesome. Take a look. Run Like Hell.

» YouTube video

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Here is one more. Another Brick in the Wall Part 1 and Part 2. Enjoy!

» YouTube video

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    rommy said:

Saw floyd in 88 and again in 94

I've watched this about 20 times...

» YouTube video

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

The whole show from 2010. Amazing show.

» YouTube video

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    GoneFishinLvMsg said:

I've watched this about 20 times...
    » YouTube video

Awesome!

AkumaZeto said:

The whole show from 2010. Amazing show.
    » YouTube video

More Awesomeness!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Perhaps the most powerful 2 hours a human can ever experience in a show. Its truly a emotional roller coaster of tremendous highs and terrifying lows. I did a paper on the wall in a 2nd year Class of discovering the human mind. Its truly a amazing visual aid of psychosis and and manic depression based on stereotypes and modern society.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

What a fantastic concert!!! I'm not even sure concert accurately describes it. It was truly one of the most awesome things I've ever experienced. I'm so glad we decided to go at the last minute. Anyone who is even remotely a Pink Floyd fan needs to see this show.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I saw him in Grand Rapids on Wednesday. Life changing.
    Goosebumps just thinking about it.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    AkumaZeto said:

Perhaps the most powerful 2 hours a human can ever experience in a show.

But....have you tried it...ON WEED!?!?! lol . I can tell you this, back in the day a floyd concert required psychedelics, and what a trip it was seeing those shows that way! "I've got some bad news for you sunshine..." When the hospital gurney with a live person struggling on it flew over my head from the back of the stadium - that was a moment in time. There were 8 of us, all twisted in ways completely unappoved by the FDA, the Dallas Police, and our mothers.

Blaring floyd from the wall at 6.30 am this morning. Still the best band for a concert show. Let me ask y'all who went to see roger, did ya miss dave ? This is the only band I really cared about getting back together. Watching the live video from 1979? of the wall in san francisco...that's what got me started. Now I much prefer the stuff before the wall, before rog went to the "I am the band" mentality. Trivia - who is the singer on "have a cigar" ?

What about Roger's stuff after floyd? Amused to Death is one my favorite all time albums. I love the premise that we all just amused ourselves to death and the monkeys wonder what happened. If you could turn back history to ruin a band, all you would have to do is make sure Roger's dad lived to raise him. All motivation and song inspiration for him seems to stem from that, even his current stuff.

Then there is Dave...he was the band in the 80's and 90's. But even at those concerts which I loved, I KNEW his frikkin wife had written the lyrics to two songs, and he did not write learning to fly, all those little things and knowing rog would NOT be making a surprise appearance. The d-lysergic acid diethylamide worked out the kinks though.

Back in the 90s I was a floyd bootleg collector. I still have my stuff, although all on cassette tapes. Took about two years to get it all together, but it ends up being a chronicle of their live stuff in the late 60s. They used to perform their stuff live prior to putting it on an album, so the early dark side of the moon performances beofore the album came out are INCREDIBLE. You can tell there were some innovating bootleggers back then, some of the recordings are clearly from the sound board as opposed to hand held recordings. Roger telling audience members to go fuck themselves, getting pissed if someone gets too close to the stage, small venues, really interesting stuff.

Anyways...if you can't tell I am a HUGE floyd fan, I need to see roger!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Just picked up a vinyl of the piper at the gates of dawn. Good stuff!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    rommy said:

But....have you tried it...ON WEED!?!?!

Do THC laced ginger snaps count?

rommy said:

Let me ask y'all who went to see Roger, did ya miss Dave ?

I did. The lead guitarist that Roger has touring with him was absolutely incredible, but there were definitely some key moments where I found myself longing for Dave's voice (i.e. the chorus in Comfortably Numb). Fortunately, The Wall doesn't suffer as much by not having Dave as some other Floyd albums would. Roger sings an overwhelming majority of the material on The Wall, and his voice still sounds just as good as it ever has.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Vera Lynn.Bring the boys back home. - Seattle

» Vimeo video

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple