Any Member Here Who Does'nt Own A Pinball?

Started 2 years ago by pinmike in forum PinsideWebsite.


Forum » Pinside » Website » Topic

Any Member Here Who Does'nt Own A Pinball?


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by pinmike
  • 21 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Brokedad

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Might be a silly question but anyone on Pinside who doesnt own
    a Pinball Machine? If you dont please post i have something for you
    Thanks,Mike


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I have had my first pinball machine for about two weeks now but it is failing more often than it is working so it is almost as if I was a Pinside member with no pinball. Waiting for a guy to come and have a look at it. (Either no power at all on the flippers or randomly blowing the fuses when they are activated on a FT. Fuses are ok)


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    BonisEnr said:

    I have had my first pinball machine for about two weeks now but it is failing more often than it is working so it is almost as if I was a Pinside member with no pinball. Waiting for a guy to come and have a look at it. (Either no power at all on the flippers or randomly blowing the fuses when they are activated on a FT. Fuses are ok)

    I'm sorry to hear and your still having problems with the board if i remember
    correctly it was the connector on a different kind of board that was not the same
    as other members had mentioned about


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Are the fuses blowing on the fliptronics board?


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Hmmm i think i know where this might be going.I think.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I don't have any. I live in an apartment so the noise would be too much for the neighbors.

    Also, I live about ten minutes from two pinball museums and there's 125 games between the two.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    Shane300zx said:

    Hmmm i think i know where this might be going.I think.

    Hi Shane


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I don't currently own a machine, been looking hard for a few months now though. I'll be joining the ranks soon enough.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jonnyo said:

    Also, I live about ten minutes from two pinball museums and there's 125 games between the two.

    I'm on the wrong coast...


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I bought my first machine and haven't been able to get it working. Looking for another one, but its hard to find a good machine under 2k in socal.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I don't currently own a pin. I am what you call "house poor" and plus my basement has had some recent leaking/flooding problems, so I need to get that squared away before I can start saving to get my first pin.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Pinside is honestly the most helpful forum, I've ever been a part of. They guys and girls here seriously help each-other out. You also don't bash newbies like me. Seems like lots of other forums see newbies as competition. It doesn't feel like that here.

    Very kind of pinmike for helping someone get started. Be warned though, pinball is like Pringles, "once you pop you can't stop".

    On a related note it would be cool to see a Pinside traveling machine. You keep it for a few months and then pass it to the next Pinsider who requests it, hopefully locally. Keep a log book with it to note any stories, repairs, high scores, etc. Probably wouldn't work, anything of value would be a target for theft.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    lpeters82 said:

    It would be cool to see a Pinside traveling machine. You keep it for a few months and then pass it to the next Pinsider who requests it, hopefully locally

    That might be an idea to start at next falls outing! lol I guess you get if first since it's your idea. Perhaps we could all chip in for a new Tron or WOZ??


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    I think we'd need to come up with a way of preventing someone from just keeping it.

    PS: I see your not to far away and you mentioned golf in your outing. If you ever want to golf at Eagle Ridge in Galena, IL send me a PM. I can't really open it up to everyone, but I can bring along a few friends.

    PSS: I'd also like to see some more of the public games listed in our area. I listed the few I know about, but I'm sure there are a lot more hiding in the midwest.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Alright here is the deal i have a Bally Black Pyramid Pin i would like to
    give to a member who doesnt have a pin and would like to have one
    The machine works and plays good it just needs a coil i gave it a real
    good cleaning i changed out the lights,cleaned the playfield,installed
    new rubbers.The machine could use a new coin door and new legs.The
    only problem is alot of members live pretty far from me who knows
    maybe something can be done with shipping.Thanks,Mike


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Some more pics


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Super generous offer. Black Pyramid is a pretty fun game, especially to cut your teeth on. Left shot, right shot, left shot, right shot, left shot....


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    If I didn't think the shipping to Montreal would cost more than the price of the table I'd almost be up for paying for shipping... but I imagine it's pretty expensive to securely ship these things across North America...


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Wow! If there were a "Pinside Hero" award I would nominate pinmike for it. That's a very generous offer. Nice way to introduce somebody to the wonderful world of pinball.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    skudfisher said:

    If I didn't think the shipping to Montreal would cost more than the price of the table I'd almost be up for paying for shipping... but I imagine it's pretty expensive to securely ship these things across North America... [:)]

    Shipping across the U.S. is usually around 400-450 bucks i really dont know
    about canada and also custom charges


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Wow! If there were a "Pinside Hero" award I would nominate pinmike for it. That's a very generous offer. Nice way to introduce somebody to the wonderful world of pinball.

    Thank you Jarjar,How are you today?


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    Thank you Jarjar,How are you today?

    I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    ARTMAN said:

    Super generous offer. Black Pyramid is a pretty fun game, especially to cut your teeth on. Left shot, right shot, left shot, right shot, left shot....

    It is a pretty hard game.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?

    Doing Pretty good today


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    I'm doing well thanks... Just dreaming of what pin to buy next like usual. Oh, and attempting to figure out what is wrong with my garbage disposal. How about yourself?

    I lost the auction on WWF by like 20 bucks and the funny thing is the seller
    contacts me saying the person who won the auction wants to pay cash and
    he doesnt want cash and he wants paypal.Now does this BS make any sense?
    Does he think that im that stupid.He probably had a buddy bump up the auction
    bid but went too far.I hope other members see this and dont fall for this BS


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Good grief. Does he think you were born yesterday?

    What did it end up going for? I've seen a number of them for sale online. Just wondering if you could get a better price elsewhere...


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Good grief. Does he think you were born yesterday?

    What did it end up going for? I've seen a number of them for sale online. Just wondering if you could get a better price elsewhere...

    It went for 1120,I had a gut feeling this was going to end up like this
    which is no big deal


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    It went for 1120,I had a gut feeling this was going to end up like this
    which is no big deal

    Nothing like the wacky world of Ebay. I think I know which auction you're talking about. Noticed it a couple times while looking for new machines this past week. I've yet to bid for a machine on Ebay. Based on experiences like yours, I'm kinda dreading the day I do.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Nothing like the wacky world of Ebay. I think I know which auction you're talking about. Noticed it a couple times while looking for new machines this past week. I've yet to bid for a machine on Ebay. Based on experiences like yours, I'm kinda dreading the day I do.

    Your gonna have BS like that on Ebay but just stick with the price you are
    willing to pay for and watch out for second chance offers right after the
    auction ends those are always suspicious.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    Your gonna have BS like that on Ebay but just stick with the price you are
    willing to pay for and watch out for second chance offers right after the
    auction ends those are always suspicious.

    Just like buying a car. You gotta be able to walk away. I actually lucked out with LOTR. It was on Ebay, nobody bid on it, and so I contacted the seller. By the time I contacted him he already had an accepted offer from somebody else. A couple days later he contacts me to see if I'm still interested because the other buyer fell through. Ended up getting it for $400 less than what it was originally listed for. Just goes to show that patience IS a virtue.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Just like buying a car. You gotta be able to walk away. I actually lucked out with LOTR. It was on Ebay, nobody bid on it, and so I contacted the seller. By the time I contacted him he already had an accepted offer from somebody else. A couple days later he contacts me to see if I'm still interested because the other buyer fell through. Ended up getting it for $400 less than what it was originally listed for. Just goes to show that patience IS a virtue. [:D]

    I got mine about 500 less but as you know i had some issues with
    the machine.I fixed up everything accept that darn Balrog flasher issue


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    I got mine about 500 less but as you know i had some issues with
    the machine.I fixed up everything accept that darn Balrog flasher issue

    Ugh! That damn flasher. There has to be a fix for that... Still bugs me and it's not even my machine. I can only imagine how you feel about it.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Ugh! That damn flasher. There has to be a fix for that... Still bugs me and it's not even my machine. I can only imagine how you feel about it

    I try to ignore it but it bugs me to see no glow.I will probably clip off
    those zipties on the wires under the playfield are trace that one wire
    all the way back.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    I try to ignore it but it bugs me to see no glow.I will probably clip off
    those zipties on the wires under the playfield are trace that one wire
    all the way back.

    Sounds like a plan. Do you have a digital multimeter? If so, might be worth hooking that bad boy up and seeing what sorts of voltages you're drawing.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    jarjarisgod said:

    Sounds like a plan. Do you have a digital multimeter? If so, might be worth hooking that bad boy up and seeing what sorts of voltages you're drawing.

    Yes i have one and thats the plan im going for


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    pinmike said:

    Yes i have one and thats the plan im going for

    Well played sir!


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    That's really cool!

    I'm sure someone would love to have that pin!


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Great job pinmike!
    Super generous offer!
    If I had a pin donated- or on the cheap, I would definitely fix it up and give to a younger pinhead.
    Spread the pinball passion!


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    Anyone who has anything to say bad about Pinmike well, they better not live within a 500 mile radius of me. I got the free parts that he shipped on his dime, if that's not a stand up guy, I don't know what to say. Thank you Mike, my son is super excited and says thanks as well, To the shop I go this weekend.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    Shane300zx said:

    Anyone who has anything to say bad about Pinmike well, they better not live within a 500 mile radius of me. I got the free parts that he shipped on his dime, if that's not a stand up guy, I don't know what to say. Thank you Mike, my son is super excited and says thanks as well, To the shop I go this weekend.

    Awesome!! Tell him he's very welcome and i hope everything works out and please
    let me know how it goes and good luck..


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    If you're looking at giving it away, have you thought about donating it to a local boys & girls club? BrokeDad does some of that as I recall. Great way to get some kids interested in pinball, take a tax write off for yourself and help out a great organization. Maintaining it for then could be pretty fun as well - you could show the kids that you don't have to be a rocket scientist to fix these things. Just a thought. Either way that's a hell of a nice thing you're offering.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    besides how would you decide which pinsider to give it to? there are quite a few of us (myself included) who don't own a pin. how would you pick one over the other?


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    BigJoe said:

    how would you pick one over the other?

    Why a 1200 word essay of course!

    "Aww... FIGNUTS!!!"


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    i think instead of an essay it should be a short story about pinmike going on a pinball adventure.


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #
    BigJoe said:

    besides how would you decide which pinsider to give it to? there are quite a few of us (myself included) who don't own a pin. how would you pick one over the other?

    I was hoping some member was close or might be passing thru


    2 years, 9 months ago
    #

    When you decide if they are on the westcoast, i could likely get it from Evans, GA to socal if needed. Company runs trucks back there a couple times a week and if there is room it wouldn't take much to throw it on a pallet and on the truck.


    2 years, 8 months ago
    #

    pinmike, I've been looking for the right machine for a couple months now. Initially i was looking for a refurb'ed unit, but half the fun I'm looking for is in putting a nice machine back into nice condition.

    If this offer is still available, I'm just east of you on I20 in Brandon, MS and could easily come out to pick it up.


    pin-tastic

    Pinball addict
    1,161,150 4
    2 years, 8 months ago
    #
    lpeters82 said:

    Pinside is honestly the most helpful forum, I've ever been a part of. They guys and girls here seriously help each-other out.

    Give it 6 months or a year once everyone starts migrating over from the RGP you might recant your statement, sorry to say but most are all pretty ruthless over there and could care less about helping a fellow pinball enthusiast out.


    donjagra

    Pinball master
    3,000,000 4
    2 years, 8 months ago
    #

    Is the Black Pyramid fund to play? I have always loved the artwork on that one.


    2 years, 8 months ago
    #

    Very nice offer of you pinmike !! I've donated some highly collectable (extremely old) machines to museums as I could not see keeping them from the public. They may not be on display all the time but will see display time during "themed" exhibits. They will also be preserved much better than I could do. I hope the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry puts the one out many times.

    It'd be so cool to see a Pinside member get a machine like that for just pickup or shipping as their first machine.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple