(Topic ID: 72627)

All things TRON TRON TRON (PIN, EDOT, Arcade, etc…)

By retired_user_101

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
    image-430.jpg
    tronborghini.jpg
    fat-mac-285x285.jpg
    image-554.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 3.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 2.JPG
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

#2 10 years ago

i have a chopped environmental dot, full size tron, and a tron le. the trilogy.

#3 10 years ago

#4 10 years ago

always wished my edot hadn't been chopped. so sad. but from what i understand many had this same fate. too heavy for ops to move around from location to location. my guess is that very few non chopped edot exist. nice score and all the best with it. i would love to see a huo or perhaps a fully restored one of these someday.

#5 10 years ago

My birthday present from the wife last year...

and the neon sign I bought...

My old work desk...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 3.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 3.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change (1).jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 2.JPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!change 2.JPG

#6 10 years ago

OMG BRETT !!! It is gorgeous, been looking for ten years for one. Now I don't have room for it and have given up. Up there at the top of arcade games for me. Congrats!!

I will take some pics of my Tron art collection tonight and add to this post.

#7 10 years ago

Love my Tron LE. Like I always say, glued to the floor

#8 10 years ago

Congrats! EDOT is my grail.

#9 10 years ago

Just a heads up watch out for this guy... The dude hates Tron
    image-554.jpgimage-554.jpg

#10 10 years ago

#11 10 years ago

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from retired_user_101:

think he runs encom

encom-centerflank.jpg 43 KB

I knew it! This all makes sense now

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

The dude hates Tron

Yeah, well, thats like your opinion man.

fat-mac-285x285.jpgfat-mac-285x285.jpg

#14 10 years ago

#15 10 years ago

Nice EDOT tour...

#16 10 years ago

Loved playing Tron EDOT as a kid. One of my all time favorites. Not quite standing up, not quite sitting down, it was the perfect design. I was all set to buy one when I realized I wasn't 12 anymore and couldn't fit in the damn thing. Sucks to be so damn tall sometimes.

#17 10 years ago

Nice score! The only other Tron thing I have is a poster from the original movie I got a long time ago. It's folded tho which apparently was common back then so it's not really worthy of showing off. Oh and my car of course

tronborghini.jpgtronborghini.jpg
    #18 10 years ago

OP you do realize that someone is gunna post photos of Tron guy on this thread right?

#19 10 years ago

#20 10 years ago

You can't put the genie back into the bottle
    image-430.jpgimage-430.jpg

#21 10 years ago

#22 10 years ago

TZ has a pause feature And yes I tried to pause 720 last night thinking I was on a mame cabinet. Damn you concrete that guy is like the worst thing to happen to Tron.

#23 10 years ago

#24 10 years ago

tron-guy-youre-my-hero.jpg 57 KB

Thanks brett. It has been a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get where I am today.

2 weeks later
    #25 10 years ago

#26 10 years ago

Brett, I have that Tron soundtrack on vinyl too. PROUD to say I don't own those others you have there. I did see Grease several times at the theatre during my teenage years though.

#27 10 years ago

I had Urban Chipmunk

#28 10 years ago

#29 10 years ago

I've heard

#30 10 years ago

My teenage kid wanted/got a record player for xmas.
    We found some of my old albums he could also play on it.
    He wasn't impressed

tron-album.jpg 137 KB

If that TRON vinyl found it's way into my mailbox, I would be VERY impressed.

1 month later
    #31 10 years ago

#32 10 years ago

Nice! Dudley Do Right too?

#33 10 years ago

#34 10 years ago

ELECTRIFY THE BOYS AND GIRLS...

#35 10 years ago

#36 10 years ago

#37 10 years ago

#38 10 years ago

Here's the pop bumpers upgrade/mod. I recommend it. Here's the install process...
    1) parts out of the box.

2) before (left) and after (right) for comparison. The orange (top-right disc) is much more Orange in person.

3) one more "before" shot. notice how the little original LED's in the top-center of each pop bumper are at angles? That is a root problem to not being able to use 2 screws to connect the new tops. More to come on that below...

4) The 2nd screw in this original cover must have been glued in (thanks Stern). But, broke out the bad boy and zipped it right out.

tronpinpop1.jpeg 127 KB

tronpinpop2-b4-after.png 1.2 MB

tronpinpop3.jpeg 101 KB

tronpinpop4-badScrew.jpg 136 KB

Those look way better than the factory caps. Where did you buy them from?

#39 10 years ago

I was content with my Devo hats. Damn you for posting these pics, Brett Butler! Damn you.

#40 10 years ago

#41 10 years ago

send an email to --> [email protected]
    he makes & sells them. Tell him I sent you

Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Those look way better than the factory caps. Where did you buy them from?

I am also interested. These look Fantastic!

#43 10 years ago

Brett your my new Hero.
    Yes I make them and these are some of the best shots I have seen of them.
    Best way to get them direct - email me [email protected] or [email protected]
    Instant purchase - on ebay now (black only) or USA retailer Pinballdecals.com AU - coming soon!

#44 10 years ago

#45 10 years ago

#46 10 years ago

Here's the pop bumpers upgrade/mod.
    I definitely recommend it (using the chrome discs not black discs) and here's why.
    |
    |
    The Value:
    a) These are the chrome version (very reflective). They reflect all the EL wire light colors and other lights around them.
    b) They greatly brighten-up a very dark area of the playfield, with the glowing plastics and reflective silver tops.
    c) The colors fit well with the pinbits plastic colors around them, carrying a lighting flow further up the playfield.
    d) They actually make hitting the pop bumpers with your balls much more fun because of the lighting effects, further adding an even "MORE" visual experience to the game. Which, after playing a non-modded Tron Pro in the wild a few days ago, the LE modded lighting experience is just a completely more exciting and entertaining game.
    e) The installation process was probably one of the simplest of any of the other Tron mods. Maybe took 10-15mins.
    f) LIGHTING: I know I've mentioned lighting a few times above, and for different reasons, but there's another EXTRA benefit I've found. With these new colored discs on, you expose a completely new "LIGHT SHOW" that always existed but was completely hidden by the original caps. There are certain game modes that cause these existing programmed light shows to take these 3-colored pop caps into flicker-effects and you get these incredible multi-colored lighting events that make the experience completely new and even more visually stimulating. You have to see it, and when you do, you'll know what I'm talking about. These unleash several hidden light-shows on your Tron Pin. Very cool.

I just installed mine and played a few games. You are absolutely correct on everything you stated above; Great light show that you would never know, Chrome is the way to go, another bonus is if you have the cabinet side mirrors....
    Thanks for the recommendation / review, your description put me over the edge to purchase these caps.
    Great upgrade to a great game.
    photo.JPGphoto.JPG
    thanks
    scott
    detroit pinball

#47 10 years ago

#48 10 years ago

2 weeks later
    #49 10 years ago

#50 10 years ago

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-things-tron-tron-tron-pin-edot-arcade-etc%E2%80%A6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.