IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 10 years ago

Just picked this one up, didn't see a club for it. Really like it so far, although it may be the single hardest game I've ever played. Or is it that I just stink?

#2 10 years ago

Love my Hulk LE. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

#3 10 years ago

Love mine

photo6.jpgphoto6.jpg photo11.jpgphoto11.jpg photo12.jpgphoto12.jpg photo9.jpgphoto9.jpg photo13.jpgphoto13.jpg photo16.jpgphoto16.jpg Photo1.jpgPhoto1.jpg photo7.jpgphoto7.jpg
#4 10 years ago

I need to install my red plane as well as the Laserrific topper. I like where you placed Loki. I will need to move mine to that same location.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Love mine

photo6.jpg 95 KB

photo11.jpg 89 KB

photo12.jpg 127 KB

photo9.jpg 97 KB

photo13.jpg 228 KB

photo16.jpg 111 KB

Photo1.jpg 228 KB

photo7.jpg 90 KB

Which Green DMD is on your machine as it looks nice and bright? I'm guessing not the original one that comes with the pin. I'd really like to change mine out as it seems much duller to me than my other Sterns.

#6 10 years ago

No that is a ColorDMD

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

No that is a ColorDMD

Nice where can I order one from?

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just picked this one up, didn't see a club for it. Really like it so far, although it may be the single hardest game I've ever played. Or is it that I just stink?

It's pretty tough at first but once you get a hang of the geometry the shots start to flow and it feels satisfying...especially if you've dialed yours in. I just did my "final dialing" yesterday...my Iron Man loop (when open for IM mode) was whipping the ball into the sling instead of to the flipper. I bent the ball guide a tad to the right, and now it flies smooth to the flipper like it should.

#11 10 years ago

Is that the usb drive quintjet?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Is that the usb drive quintjet?

Yes it is, here is mine before paint.

QJet 001-581.jpgQJet 001-581.jpg

#13 10 years ago

I removed the Helicarrier and relocated the LL plastic to it's spot.

LokiRelo 003.jpgLokiRelo 003.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Thanks, Amazon just got another $7 from me for the jet

#15 10 years ago

Yes it's the USB Jet painted and lights.

you can get one from here:

http://pinballsidemirrors.com/products/specials-misc-items/avengers-air-plane/

#16 10 years ago

Kicking around a ColorDMD for my Pro...do you like the difference it makes over the green that shipped in the LE?

Also, does anyone else find the Iron Man shot the hardest shot in the game? BW is tough, but I can make it, that IM shot seems almost impossible...

#18 10 years ago

Does anyone know how these compare with XPin DMDs?

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Does anyone know how these compare with XPin DMDs?

It's an LCD panel instead of individual LEDs. So - no gridlines. You can change it to any color you want. You can use the Sigma effects for different visual options. I think most would say they're better.

#20 10 years ago

Anyone have any cool toppers they have done on their Avengers? I just ordered a Thor hammer that lights up from Target that I'll pick up tonight on my way home from work and see how it looks on top of the head. I was thinking I'd wire it into the game.

14542616_Alt04_130402183000.jpg14542616_Alt04_130402183000.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Anyone have any cool toppers they have done on their Avengers? I just ordered a Thor hammer that lights up from Target that I'll pick up tonight on my way home from work and see how it looks on top of the head. I was thinking I'd wire it into the game.

14542616_Alt04_130402183000.jpg 8 KB

That would be cool if you'd mount it on the wall above the game, since it has that 'smashed into the wall' look to it.

#22 10 years ago

Hulk hands with a thor hammer, $25 all in

IM000868 (2).jpgIM000868 (2).jpg

#23 10 years ago

ColorDMD IMO is much better as you can select the colors that most fits you. Go Red/Blue/Green/Yellow you pick Plus, you can move it from game to game if you sell your game and the buyer doesn't want to buy it. The clean look is first to none.

#24 10 years ago

@wdpvideo, thanks for the info.

#25 10 years ago

Avengers is not a good game for all the ADD people in this hobby. The tweaks and challenging game play take awhile to master...but once you do the game rewards as well as any game out there. But for anyone that gets itchy after they own a game for a couple months it's not going to work very well.

I'd bet that if all the people that bailed on Avengers early had spent all the time they spend on Pinside playing the game more instead that many of them would still own it. Pinside not only keeps people in the hype bubble in terms of buying and selling games (I can't miss out in this great deal....I need this game NOW!... If I don't buy this ill never get a good one) but it creates negativity around games that aren't immediately accessible. Neither of those two things are all that great for the hobby...and certainly not for games like Avengers that are late bloomers. Too bad for those that bailed early, because Avengers developed a great rack!

#26 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Freaking love mine.

#27 10 years ago

Question on the Color DMD...do you just need the Sigma? This one, with SAM/Whitestar?

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Question on the Color DMD...do you just need the Sigma? This one, with SAM/Whitestar?

Yes. I believe the new ColorDMD kits come with the mounting bracket that is compatible with Pre Star Trek LE SAM games.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's the one. All cables and mounting hardware are included.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes. I believe the new ColorDMD kits come with the mounting bracket that is compatible with Pre Star Trek LE SAM games.

The same bracket will work with STLE using the Pinbits mounting adapter. With Martin's help, we added some additional holes to our brackets on the current run.

We still need to test fit the change but it may soon be possible to mount these new brackets without an adapter.

3 weeks later
#30 10 years ago

Anyone else feel bad for Barton when you hear "Hawkeye...intelligence...average!"

#31 10 years ago

I love mine so much I think I'm wearing it out! Anyone know a Stern parts source that will give me a good deal on a plastics kit and some other backup high wear parts?

On the maintenance front, I picked up a can of Plexus and used it to wipe down the plastics and holy cow, this stuff is like Teflon and makes the machine FAST. I used it to wipe down the BW and Hawkeye ramps (table and sides of the ramps) and bottom of the BW plastic ball shields and I swear, it makes those shots easier. You don't have to hit them with full speed to make the shot. When you hit them perfectly, the ball moves through the ramps like a bullet! It also helps balls make it to the top of the shooter lane consistantly. I don't use it on the main PF anymore as the wife says the machine is too fast when I do. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MQCYO0/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

I just reread this post and realized it sounds like an infomercial... really, I promise I don't make or sell this stuff, I'm just really impressed with how it works...

#32 10 years ago

I can't stop playing mine. It's amazing that people think this game sucks.

#33 10 years ago

What is a good price for a HUO LE?

#34 10 years ago

Just got my own Hulk LE a couple weeks ago and I can't stop playing it either. I'm hooked. I can't understand how the value ever dropped on this game but I'm glad it did. I'd love to see another code update, fingers crossed.

Oh, and I paid $5400 for mine with some mods (the clear inlane plastics, PR's Teseract Cube, lighting, etc.) It only had about 250 plays on it.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I can't stop playing mine. It's amazing that people think this game sucks.

I bought the Avengers LE Blue # 30 last April. I did not like the HULK DMD. STERN used a green filter cover over the top of the green LED DMD. It made the dot matrix very dim. As far as ratings on Avengers if you forgive all the modifications people had to do to get the machine to play as intended . The Avengers is an A title in my eyes. The sound effects and the music sound tracks are excellent. The playfield layout is the key to the fun. Nothing like it.

100_0185.JPG100_0185.JPG
#36 10 years ago

Avengers is fantastic, I really enjoy mine and play it often. gets tons of play when people are over.

#37 10 years ago

It gets the most play out of all of my pins. It is a great game.

#38 10 years ago

I've always really enjoyed The Avengers. People say it's so difficult, but almost every time I play it I get a replay...and I'm not like a "good" player. I just have fun with it!! I remember drawing a pretty good crowd around the Hulk LE at the Michigan Pinball Expo the year it came out - quite the rush Fast, fun, great music and tight satisfying shots! One day I'm sure I'll grab one.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I removed the Helicarrier and relocated the LL plastic to it's spot.

I did the same thing. The bonus is that the LEDs are a little further away from your vision of the lower 3rd, so they aren't blinding you anymore.

#40 10 years ago

I love my Avengers but I understand the hate, especially when they've only played it on location with factory settings. It's a shame but what can you do. It definitely is a great buy right now at the ~$5500 that the LEs are going for. I paid full price NIB on release and do not regret it since I am not selling it.

#41 10 years ago

Since I put mine on easier settings I've been to wiz mode half a dozen times. I need to make room for a new game and have played AVLE at least 5x more than any other game I own, and yet I still can't put it up for sale. That B/W shot is the best in pinball. How many ramps feel better the more times in a row you hit it? Instead of getting boring, the thrill just increases. I've hit it 6 times in a row. What a rush!

#42 10 years ago

I too, understand the hate of prior owners. I also get the hate of anyone that played a routed one somewhere. It needs the well known playfield tweaks to maximize the fun (minimize the frustration).

If I payed full NIB price for this and had all these tweaks to do to get it to work right, and even then, only 4 out of 5 balls made it to the top of the shooter lane no matter the tweaks I did, I would be pissed. I got a good deal on mine and it still pisses me off! I have my plunger and autoplunger tweaked a best I can and now the ball makes it to the top almost every time as long as the ball doesn't fly too high and hit the Hawkeye ramp!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Since I put mine on easier settings I've been to wiz mode half a dozen times. I need to make room for a new game and have played AVLE at least 5x more than any other game I own, and yet I still can't put it up for sale. That B/W shot is the best in pinball. How many ramps feel better the more times in a row you hit it? Instead of getting boring, the thrill just increases. I've hit it 6 times in a row. What a rush!

You've made it to Battle for Earth? I consider it a major success just to get to Attack on the Helicarrier.

Speaking of, once you get all the Avengers, I know the Loki shot starts that mode, but today, I hit it and it didn't. Do you need to lock them all? I've only made it a couple times to AOTH, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

You've made it to Battle for Earth? I consider it a major success just to get to Attack on the Helicarrier.
Speaking of, once you get all the Avengers, I know the Loki shot starts that mode, but today, I hit it and it didn't. Do you need to lock them all? I've only made it a couple times to AOTH, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

Were all Avengers blinking? You need to finish their modes, not just get them going. When Loki shot is ready for AOTH, the 3 lock inserts will chase....you only need to get 1.

Were you in Tesseract? It might disable while that's running, but I'm not sure. I know it disables if you start a Vs. mode.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'm right with you. Helicarrier is my wizard mode. Battle is unobtanium.

Helicarrier will not start if any vs modes are running or if the Tesseract is active. The Tesseract has messed me up many times. I can't count how many times I've drained with Loki flashing away. :/ That's one rule I really don't understand. No way should that hold up starting Helicarrier. It should either stack or pause. I also really wish Heli had a ball save. And I wouldn't mind it being a multiball. Great mode though...so much fun!

#46 10 years ago

I set mine on extra easy and 5 balls. Its more fun for the family and makes it possible for me to get to Attack on the Helicarrier. I get there 1 out of 4-5 games.

How do you complete a character? I have completed a few but don't know what specifically did it. I think it has something to do with the vs mode but not sure what shot gets you to completing one... anyone know?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I set mine on extra easy and 5 balls. Its more fun for the family and makes it possible for me to get to Attack on the Helicarrier. I get there 1 out of 4-5 games.
How do you complete a character? I have completed a few but don't know what specifically did it. I think it has something to do with the vs mode but not sure what shot gets you to completing one... anyone know?

To actually complete a character you have to finish their VS mode (or in Hulk's case, score a super jackpot). Just keep hitting the flashing inserts. The shots will usually be the Avenger who's mode you are playing and their opponant, but sometimes a different shot (like Captain America) will be the final shot. This is actually great theme integration as in the film, Cap is the one that usually breaks up the fights.

Completing all of them is what qualifies Battle for Earth. I've never been there...most I had was 2 or 3 completed. To qualify Helicarrier, you "just" need to assemble/collect all of them...no need to get into the VS modes for that.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

How do you complete a character? I have completed a few but don't know what specifically did it

HULK is the only one a now for sure.

Quoted from Jediturtle:or in Hulk's case, score a super jackpot).

THOR VS X character I had to hit the shield stand ups. Wish Rcade had this game. He likes to do glass off testing and post specific in depth rules. If some one in the club wants to take the challenge and time to do a complete rule sheet. Or at least focus on how to complete all the different Character VS mode combinations and what is the final shot to complete them . That would be the BOMB . My machine are all jigsaw puzzled in a room. I can not get the glass off with out serious work.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

To actually complete a character you have to finish their VS mode (or in Hulk's case, score a super jackpot). Just keep hitting the flashing inserts. The shots will usually be the Avenger who's mode you are playing and their opponant, but sometimes a different shot (like Captain America) will be the final shot. This is actually great theme integration as in the film, Cap is the one that usually breaks up the fights.
Completing all of them is what qualifies Battle for Earth. I've never been there...most I had was 2 or 3 completed. To qualify Helicarrier, you "just" need to assemble/collect all of them...no need to get into the VS modes for that.

Thanks! While in vs modes, I often get the Tesseract lighting up. Does it play into completing a character or is it just coincidence that it lights up in the vs mode?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks! While in vs modes, I often get the Tesseract lighting up. Does it play into completing a character or is it just coincidence that it lights up in the vs mode?

I'm pretty sure it's completely seperate, but not 100% positive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.