AFM Auction Ending Today

Started 2 years ago by 83mbz300d in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.



AFM Auction Ending Today


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by 83mbz300d
  • 38 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from jimjim66

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    2 years ago
    #

    Hey Guys,

    Just a reminder, the first ever no reserve AFM auction will run its coarse today at 6 pm mountain time. Tune in to see what one of these pins in nice shape will fetch.

    Thanks,

    Bill


    2 years ago
    #

    Bill,

    Welcome to Pinside! I moved this thread to the "Market Place" sub-forum. Do you happen to have a link to the auction? I assume it's your game that's being sold.

    Edit: Never mind. I found it myself:

    ebay.com link » Very Nice Attack from Mars Pinball


    2 years ago
    #
    83mbz300d said:

    the first ever no reserve AFM auction

    are you serious? First in a long time (months) but not "ever".


    2 years ago
    #

    There's another AFM on there also....I'm thinking about it....


    2 years ago
    #

    26 bids? Seems like No Reserve to me.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,383,623 3
    2 years ago
    #

    No Reserve?

    Who cares?


    2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

    No Reserve?

    Who cares?

    +1


    2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

    No Reserve?
    Who cares?

    I can't help it when my b.s. detector goes off. Sorry Rob.


    2 years ago
    #
    RobT said:

    No Reserve?
    Who cares?

    The Price Police care, their panties are in a wad over this one.


    2 years ago
    #

    It's just shill bidders, right?


    2 years ago
    #

    What's the big deal? Seems like these are selling for the listed price and being snapped up.. fast. Just like every other title, price is up, and people are buying.

    Now posting here about the auction is about to end, I don't know anyone that is actively searching for one of the big titles that isn't already all over an auction for the game they want. Don't really think anyone is going to click in here and all of a sudden jump, but you never know!


    2 years ago
    #

    Sold for $8.100.00


    2 years ago
    #

    Holy crap. That's nutty.


    2 years ago
    #
    tracelifter said:

    Sold for $8.100.00

    I will sell mine for that and it has a new pf installed .

    Jim


    2 years ago
    #

    The cool thing about NR auctions is there is no guessing what something goes for on an open market. Most NR auctions are pulled and deals are done off Ebay.

    Really a good gauge on somebody doing a "Price Check" topic. Nothing better than seeing what something sells for on an open market.

    Check out this MM

    ebay.com link

    13,400 and it does not look like shill bidding. WOW


    2 years ago
    #
    jimjim66 said:

    The cool thing about NR auctions is there is no guessing what something goes for on an open market. Most NR auctions are pulled and deals are done off Ebay.

    I have been noticing that too, it seems like over 50% of good auctions end early...


    2 years ago
    #
    tracelifter said:

    Sold for $8.100.00

    .....


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,383,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    tracelifter said:

    Sold for $8.100.00

    <expletive deleted>


    2 years ago
    #

    8100, hmm only 7 feedback on the buyer...would like to see if he gets paid.


    2 years ago
    #
    jimjim66 said:

    The cool thing about NR auctions is there is no guessing what something goes for on an open market. Most NR auctions are pulled and deals are done off Ebay.

    Really a good gauge on somebody doing a "Price Check" topic. Nothing better than seeing what something sells for on an open market.

    I disagree..........If you frequent ebay, you know that most sellers have someone else bidding against people in NR auctions.


    2 years ago
    #

    New people coming in and they look at Coindrop or Pinball sales and see it listed for 8k and not in stock. Then they see one on EBAY.


    2 years ago
    #

    Sorry, but IMHO that AFM auction has obvious shill bidding written all over it. Guy with a feedback of 7 was shilling throughout and then came in late in the game and bumped the price up gradually over the span of an hour. He apparently got too greedy and bumped one time too many. I would bet good money that the second highest bidder has already gotten a second chance offer.

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $8,100.00
    Apr-23-12 17:00:13 PDT

    Member Id: a***8 ( 80Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $8,000.00
    Apr-23-12 16:52:46 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $7,900.00
    Apr-23-12 16:59:32 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $7,700.00
    Apr-23-12 16:59:21 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $7,500.00
    Apr-23-12 16:59:00 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $7,300.00
    Apr-23-12 16:58:34 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $7,100.00
    Apr-23-12 16:26:23 PDT

    Member Id: a***8 ( 80Feedback score is 50 to 99) US $7,000.00
    Apr-18-12 19:54:52 PDT

    Member Id: c***o ( 19Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $6,900.00
    Apr-21-12 22:42:22 PDT

    Member Id: c***o ( 19Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $6,700.00
    Apr-21-12 15:34:22 PDT

    Member Id: c***o ( 19Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $6,500.00
    Apr-20-12 22:04:47 PDT

    Member Id: n***a ( 646Feedback score is 500 to 999) US $6,300.00
    Apr-19-12 11:36:45 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $6,100.00
    Apr-14-12 21:35:57 PDT

    Member Id: 5***5 ( 16Feedback score is 10 to 49) US $6,000.00
    Apr-16-12 19:03:20 PDT

    Member Id: j***o ( 484Feedback score is 100 to 499) US $5,800.00
    Apr-14-12 21:12:03 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $5,500.00
    Apr-14-12 19:22:27 PDT

    Member Id: b***h ( 7 ) US $5,300.00
    Apr-14-12 18:04:38 PDT


    2 years ago
    #
    thedarkknight77 said:

    I disagree..........If you frequent ebay, you know that most sellers have someone else bidding against people in NR auctions.

    You have to look at the sellers and buyer feedback, usually shillers have low feedback numbers. Look at the prices FUN has been getting. I doubt, with all those pins he sells, many with BINs and are coming from his employees.

    The MM high bidders have 2 bidders going against each other with one feedback in the 80's the other in the mid 300's.

    Yes, some are shills, but many are not.

    Hard to see the real price of these pins as most, 90%, are pulled after somebody emails and makes an offer. It is RARE that somebody lets a pin go through.


    2 years ago
    #

    That is probably true. Because Ebay only goes in to the next highest number there's no reason to go up in small amounts unless you're nudgeing up...


    2 years ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

    that AFM auction has obvious shill bidding written all over it

    Totally obvious on this one. TY for the records. Greed gets them in the end sometimes. A bid too far!


    2 years ago
    #

    Yeah, but many times the next in line bidder, er, sucker, takes it.


    2 years ago
    #

    Just so there's no mistake about this, I am not accusing the seller of shill bidding. My b.s. indicator went off with the "first ever no reserve AFM" comment and that's it.

    I've already chipped away at things i wanted in a fashion similar to the winning bidder, so i wouldn't be 100% sure that's what's going on.

    That being said, $8100 for a blown out AFM is ridonkulous! Hahaha, price policing is phun!


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,383,623 3
    2 years ago
    #
    davewth said:

    Just so there's no mistake about this, I am not accusing the seller of shill bidding. My b.s. indicator went off with the "first ever no reserve AFM" comment and that's it.
    I've already chipped away at things i wanted in a fashion similar to the winning bidder, so i wouldn't be 100% sure that's what's going on.
    That being said, $8100 for a blown out AFM is ridonkulous! Hahaha, price policing is phun!

    I agree with you on this Dave.


    2 years ago
    #

    I think AFM has officially made my "to expensive to ever consider buying" list.


    2 years ago
    #

    Yeah...about $2,000 ago! We'll, ya never know...I'm hoping to luck out sometime in the future. Come on JJP!


    2 years ago
    #
    davewth said:

    That being said, $8100 for a blown out AFM is ridonkulous! Hahaha, price policing is phun!

    I dont see how you can call this a "blown out" AFM...This was in much better than average shape for a non-restored example.

    What is a joke is the truly blown out games that need a new playfield and cabinet going for $6K+

    Using this as a barometer my HEP should be worth 18K!

    https://picasaweb.google.com/113212237557936878823/HEPAFM


    2 years ago
    #

    "Using this as a barometer my HEP should be worth 18K!"

    I think that the barometer you are referring to is what one uses to take a horse's temperature...right?


    2 years ago
    #
    JoeJet said:

    I dont see how you can call this a "blown out" AFM

    Trust me , it is a blown out afm without cabinet fade . The Pf has tons of wear and the front of the cabinet has a big chunk out of the front that has been glued back into place .

    The price went up because the pictures looked good enough to the person with a untrained eye !

    Although it did look better than some ,it will take all the same parts as a faded one to make it real nice .

    I am not even going to go into the worn out parts that are most likely under the pf.

    Prices are nuts and I am going to ride the wave .

    Jim


    2 years ago
    #

    Nice surfin' Jim! Hang Ten!


    2 years ago
    #
    EEE said:

    "Using this as a barometer my HEP should be worth 18K!"
    I think that the barometer you are referring to is what one uses to take a horse's temperature...right?

    You have one? Send me a pic...


    2 years ago
    #

    I have an AFM I picked up from an op a couple of months ago. I gave it a good shop job and my son is now enjoying it at his house. The only reason I bought it was for a future restoration, but when they start going for $8100 unrestored, it's real tempting to just sell it as is.

    Bryan (CARGPB 14)
    http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins


    2 years ago
    #

    At this rate we'll have $10k unrestored AFM's by 2013, assuming the world doesn't end in December


    Slate

    Pinball addict
    1,050,450 3
    2 years ago
    #

    This is sad. Just kills the whole pinball hobby.

    I used to play Poker at casino with old pros who dressed up in suits. Was great respectfull fun games. Then WPT came on tv and every douchtard started playing and pretty much ruined the experience.

    What about the ludacruous housing market a few years back when people were snatching up double wide trailers for 500k. because they were in panic mode.

    This so reminds me of this. Despite that people will disagree with me, I think it will level out and NOT continue to go up.

    People said the housing market will not stop and it did. Well you say "they do not make these machines anymore". Same with beach front property, etc. And that went down.

    Just a matter of time before it calms down again. Maybe new LCD, USB, INTERNET machines from JJP will help new sales and help keep the older machines in check.


    2 years ago
    #

    I saw a quote on RGP recently about the way pricing is going up so much. Had to do with how the hobby is turning into a hobby for rich white guppies, something like that....kinda sad really..

    10,000 for a pin? F that all day...every day...retarded...


    2 years ago
    #

    Geriatric Urban Professionals?


    2 years ago
    #
    McCune said:

    JoeJet said:I dont see how you can call this a "blown out" AFM

    Trust me , it is a blown out afm without cabinet fade . The Pf has tons of wear and the front of the cabinet has a big chunk out of the front that has been glued back into place .
    The price went up because the pictures looked good enough to the person with a untrained eye !
    Although it did look better than some ,it will take all the same parts as a faded one to make it real nice .

    Jim

    Interesting.... can you give me a clue where you see that? I was thinking this would be bought by someone that would use it as-is.. definitely not worth it if it requires a full restoration. (and price is nuts anyway but prices are what they are..)


    2 years ago
    #
    tomdotcom said:

    I saw a quote on RGP recently about the way pricing is going up so much. Had to do with how the hobby is turning into a hobby for rich white guppies, something like that....kinda sad really..
    10,000 for a pin? F that all day...every day...retarded...

    I am a seller at that price level. ..all the way to the bank.


    2 years ago
    #

    can you give me a clue where you see that?

    Sure , you see the lower left in the white that looks like a scratch in the shape of a mountian. That is the part of the cabinet that was pulled off. It happens when someone pulls the machine out of a truck and snags the edge and pulls the wood and art work right off the cabinet. Seen this many times !

    Jim


    2 years ago
    #

    I guess one question that begs to be asked is if new, huge quantity pins come out at six and seven grand, what is a A list, limited supply, twenty year old machine worth? I would say that, for instance, a good condition TAF is probably worth more than a TF.


    2 years ago
    #
    Slate said:

    This is sad. Just kills the whole pinball hobby.
    ...I think it will level out and NOT continue to go up.
    ...People said the housing market will not stop and it did. Well you say "they do not make these machines anymore". Same with beach front property, etc. And that went down.

    I completely and totally agree with you in every sense of the words quoted.

    AFM has quickly become a "crude oil" pin. Back in 2009, I saw it on ePay REGULARLY for $2500-$3500. For it to be hitting $8000+ unshopped is nuts. AFM is fastly becoming the "Skyline" of pins - one everyone wants that few can afford. Shame. It will go back down someday when everyone riding the wave of "MM and AFM are the games to have if you want to be a serious collector" has had their fun.

    I'll flat out say this - I think there are some people that have AFM just as a conversation piece. They don't play it, they don't know much about it except that it's "always in the top 5 at Pinside" and it's "one of the most expen$ive pins EVAH." They write a check to buy one from a retailer and put it next to their other pins or make it their solitary pin in their mancave. Obviously, there are some people that buy and cherish it who remember playing it back in 1995-1996, but I really think it has become a "crude oil/status" pin now, and some people that REALLY remember the game from their childhood get shafted.

    Oh well, AFM at $8k or 3 "middle of the road" pins for half the price. I think I'll take option #2 :P.


    2 years ago
    #
    docscott said:

    I guess one question that begs to be asked is if new, huge quantity pins come out at six and seven grand, what is a A list, limited supply, twenty year old machine worth? I would say that, for instance, a good condition TAF is probably worth more than a TF.

    That's exactly what I've been questioning lately!


    2 years ago
    #
    docscott said:

    I guess one question that begs to be asked is if new, huge quantity pins come out at six and seven grand, what is a A list, limited supply, twenty year old machine worth? I would say that, for instance, a good condition TAF is probably worth more than a TF.

    I'd take TAF over any pin that has been produced in the last 12 years.

    Yeah, I said it.


    2 years ago
    #
    Slate said:

    Just a matter of time before it calms down again.

    I agree with you slate.


    2 years ago
    #
    McCune said:

    Sure , you see the lower left in the white that looks like a scratch in the shape of a mountian. That is the part of the cabinet that was pulled off. It happens when someone pulls the machine out of a truck and snags the edge and pulls the wood and art work right off the cabinet. Seen this many times !

    Jim, you have a great eye. I don't think the damage is obvious to most people. Probably something the seller was banking on. I have seen this kind of damage a couple times myself (and guilty of it when I was new to the hobby). I did this exact thing to my very first pin, totally sucked.


    2 years ago
    #
    NewPinOwner said:

    I'll flat out say this - I think there are some people that have AFM just as a conversation piece. They don't play it, they don't know much about it except that it's "always in the top 5 at Pinside" and it's "one of the most expen$ive pins EVAH." They write a check to buy one from a retailer and put it next to their other pins or make it their solitary pin in their mancave. Obviously, there are some people that buy and cherish it who remember playing it back in 1995-1996, but I really think it has become a "crude oil/status" pin now, and some people that REALLY remember the game from their childhood get shafted.

    Oh well, AFM at $8k or 3 "middle of the road" pins for half the price. I think I'll take option #2 :P.

    I don't personally have a problem with people doing that, it's their coin, their perogative. I'm with you though, on going with option 2 instead. I've been itching to add another system 11 pin to my collection. Some of the best "bang for your buck" pins around.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple