You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130413_140712.jpg
image-306.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1680.JPG
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Damn ipad

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

lordloss
Pinball addict
1,062,250 0
Mankato, MN
12 MINUTES AGO | # QUOTE | !! | IGNORE
RTR said:
I would appreciate it if you guys would stop bidding on this please. You can have the next one.
Save up for a real nice NOS TAF PF. Don't waste your time on IPB junk.
Your the one bidding this up?!

what am i supposed to be bidden on here

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Mines got a fantastic clear on it as well - and I didn't fork out big bucks...learned my lesson after a few hep playfields...

Wow! I've never seen anything but excellent work come out of HEP. No way I'd use the "local talent" near me when there are true masters like HEP and Kruzman out there. You get what you pay for!

#54 10 years ago

Perhaps I am just picky, but that ebay playfield seems like the printing positioning is way off. Is this is what is referred to as "registration errors?"

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Wow! I've never seen anything but excellent work come out of HEP. No way I'd use the "local talent" near me when there are true masters like HEP and Kruzman out there. You get what you pay for!

I looked at the pics from his link. That was way beyond a simple clear job. His eye for detail and ability to restore imperfections are incredible.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

That's because you have never tried it. I love the work HEP does. If I need something done with perfection and a lot of touch up I pay for it. If not, I don't.

I've had over 15 pf's cleared and I have to find ways to keep costs down. HEP has done 2 for me.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from WannaTheater:

Perhaps I am just picky, but that ebay playfield seems like the printing positioning is way off. Is this is what is referred to as "registration errors?"

No, registration errors would be when the multiple screens are not lined up (registered using the registration marks or key typically) properly so each ink layer is slightly off from planned position. This results in a more 3-D looking effect of tight areas with overlap of multiple screens. Look at registration marks on the lower R and lower left of the pf to see what I am talking about.

The one on ebay just appears to be slightly off position from the blank/ through holes on the bottom left side inlanes. Go look at original TAFs and other IPB TAFs and you will see this is actually somewhat typical. There are small variances in any screen print and blank, and the keyline (black outline) is what ties it all together and covers up any small issues.

From what I can see in the pictures this is pretty nice example.

#58 10 years ago

The auction at ebay is strange to me as the seller does not want to accept foreign bids even though the shipment address would be in the US and the payment would be done via PayPal. Well, the seller has the right to determine the terms under which the auction is held, but hopefully this will not be a growing phenomenon though!

#59 10 years ago

Hmmm

Chris is the man and I received my X-mas present this year. My TAF pf done by Chris is AWESOME. Can't wait to get the BBH and two vids done so I can do my restore on TAF. Looks like I may have to do a cab decal job now as well.........

You get what you pay for and I am happy I spent the money I did to get my TAF pf restored by Chris!!!!

And I'm cheap when it comes to spending on pins....

Thanks again Chris for a job well done! Can't thank you enough!!!!!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

The auction at ebay is strange to me as the seller does not want to accept foreign bids even though the shipment address would be in the US and the payment would be done via PayPal. Well, the seller has the right to determine the terms under which the auction is held, but hopefully this will not be a growing phenomenon though!

Not really odd from my POV. International shipping is both risky and a PITA, esp when shipping something made of wood. If you have a US shipping address then have your US fridn bid on your behalf. That would be a way to be able to bid.

#61 10 years ago

Two of the NOS ones I had I sold to a guy in New Zealand and Australia without any hassle. Still got one left though.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

Still got one left though.

are you considering selling it?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not really odd from my POV. International shipping is both risky and a PITA, esp when shipping something made of wood. If you have a US shipping address then have your US fridn bid on your behalf. That would be a way to be able to bid.

I bet the reasoning with the ebay-seller is similar to yours.

Let me clarify: I have a Bougous-account. It means that they will provide a service where I have an address in the USA and I can order stuff in there. The Bongous-people will take care of the shipping of the item to me from the USA then and they are able e.g. to combine several items into a one packet, if I want and this way I may be able to save some money on the shipping. The shipping from the USA to Finland would occur at my risk and at my cost (including the custom fees and the VAT). This service is very handy in case e.g. Amazon.com won't ship the item abroad and only within the USA. No additional risk for the Ebay-seller.

Have a look here: https://bongous.com/service.php

"As a Bongo member you will receive both an American and European address. This will enable you to shop at any US and EU websites, purchase products, and have them shipped to your Bongo address. Within 4 hours of receipt to our facility, Bongo will provide a detailed list of all items in the shipment within your account. This includes a PDF of the invoice and images of each item. Many members consolidate multiple purchases as it is an efficient way to reduce the international shipping expense. When you submit an order our team will prepare your shipment for international transit with a focus on packing quality and accurate customs documentation. Delivery is typically made within 1-5 days, depending on your location."

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

are you considering selling it?

Not really, it's hanging in the wall of my office. Plus it being my last one no one here would like my offer I couldn't refuse price. 20130413_140712.jpg20130413_140712.jpg They were in my uncles storage units, went thru it after he passed.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

Not really, it's hanging in the wall of my office. Plus it being my last one no one here would like my offer I couldn't refuse price. They were in my uncles storage units, went thru it after he passed.

20130413_140712.jpg 321 KB

that is pretty and I understand not wanting to sell it

#66 10 years ago

ouch hanging on the wall....that needs to go into a minty restore....

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

ouch hanging on the wall....that needs to go into a minty restore....

?? I just took it out of the box in September.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

?? I just took it out of the box in September.

Just sayin....its yours and everyone wants it not a bad problem...you have the right to do with it as you want. I just think it would look better in a TAF looking perfect rather then on a wall. Not critisizing just what I think. I would love to have that for my second TAF that needs a pf......I guess its called jealousy

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Just sayin....its yours and everyone wants it not a bad problem...you have the right to do with it as you want. I just think it would look better in a TAF looking perfect rather then on a wall. Not critisizing just what I think. I would love to have that for my second TAF that needs a pf......I guess its called jealousy

Well its got a 0.00000014 mm ding on the underside near the top left corner. So I really didn't think anyone would want it from I've seen here in the past.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

Well its got a 0.00000014 mm ding on the underside near the top left corner. So I really didn't think anyone would want it from I've seen here in the past.

I would hide that if you decide to sell. LOL

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

Yeah, I'll have to pass on that now that I know about that flaw.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from dvst8r:

Yea, man how could I live with a flaw that huge, I mean it would just stand out to everyone who looked at my machine.

But, if you ever couldn't stand looking at that flaw any longer just let me know as I'd be willing to take a chance that I could hide it from my friends and family and live with the guilt.

Seriously if you decide to sell let me know!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/addams-family-new-playfields/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.