Addams Family New Playfields

Started 4 years ago by sb80 in forum MarketPinball parts for sale.

Addams Family New Playfields

Topic summary

• Started 4 years ago by sb80
  • 38 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from philwojo

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

If your looking and didnt already know Marcos Specialties has Addams Family playfields for sale,along with Funhouse and lots others.Tempted to buy one just to have for when I do get a Addams Family,must resist.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

I saw those, pricey but nice.

Wish they had a comet playfield as I need one.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

I guess I should feel lucky getting my slightly used Phoenix playfield for a whole $20 including shipping. I am still being lazy not putting it in even though the one in there now is a POS and worn to heck and back.

I looked all over for you maldoror but nobody anywhere has a comet playfield. I only found a couple of the machines for sale even.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

I have a line on a Funhouse, but I don't know how the playfield is right now or if it's the Diamond Plate version. If the playfield is beat, I'd like to replace it when I get the machine, but that's going to nearly double the cost of the machine if I do so.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

If you ever do come across a comet playfield BD pls keep me in mind. I have one with a horribly worn playfield but I love the table.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

I saw this ad when searching for comet. Alot of cheap machines including that one for sale if you live near or want to travel to Lexington Kentucky. Even a PinBot for a great price. It would be a six hour drive each way for me. I'm almost tempted though to get that PinBot. I have no idea what a Comet #2 is.

roanoke.craigslist.org link

Large selection of pinball machines for sale. Prices range from $450 to $1100
    Rollergames- $1100, Comet- $750. Goldball-$650, Flash-$550, Lightning-$600,
    Comet #2 -$600, Contact-$500, Laser Ball-$550, Stars-$450, Pinbot-$725, and Grand Lizard-$725
    Pictures available if you call first. Delivery available for a fee.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

Looks like Woflman Jr. or something...

I am sure he would budge a little on the prices, but Ky is a bit far for me. =) I work Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and sometimes Az for pins since they are not too bad of drives.

4 years, 3 months ago
    #

I didn't expect you'd make the trip maldoror .. but with the machines listed and the prices I wanted to pass it along to anyone who might be looking for that last minute present for themselves.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Kicking this old thread alive again. You guys know of any repro playfields available?

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Oh man had me going for a second. Can't find a local machine myself. May have to buy a playfield for the wall if they have a batch. Should need it sooner or later.

lordloss

Pinball addict
    1,232,850 0
    2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    mima said:

Kicking this old thread alive again. You guys know of any repro playfields available?

I heard those TAF playfields sucked.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

NOS TAF playfiels have been appearing on E-bay lately for $2600ish and disappearing quickly . . .

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    fast_in_muskoka said:

NOS TAF playfiels have been appearing on E-bay lately for $2600ish and disappearing quickly . . .

Illinois Pinball has an endless supply at shows.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

also looking for a repro if anyone is in the mood.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    mnpinball said:

Illinois Pinball has an endless supply at shows.

Umm, no they don't. They have been out of these for a while and the endless loop of "another run is coming" has been heard for years.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

Umm, no they don't. They have been out of these for a while and the endless loop of "another run is coming" has been heard for years.

They told me a week ago that there was no plan to re-run them

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

No... they are making them next month.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Don't hold your breath

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Worth it's weight in gold about now...

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

Worth it's weight in gold about now...

IMG_1680.JPG 376 KB

Even better after it's been corrected and clearcoated by Ron Kruzman!

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Those pics are sweet!

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Mines got a fantastic clear on it as well - and I didn't fork out big bucks...learned my lesson after a few hep playfields...

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

So they're actually making more of these? Where do I sign up?

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

Mines got a fantastic clear on it as well - and I didn't fork out big bucks...learned my lesson after a few hep playfields...

Can you elaborate?

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Just find some local talent and you won't have to pay $600 - $1000 a pf.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

I'm picking an Addams Family up. Out of curiosity why reclear ? I was under the impression they did a good job on their playfield remakes.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    Mantra said:

I'm picking an Addams Family up. Out of curiosity why reclear ? I was under the impression they did a good job on their playfield remakes.

It's all a matter of personal preference - I don't like the wood grain of IPB nor the lines around inserts from CPR. Mirco usually has some dust. So I get additional clear on all my pfs

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Does anyone have any FACTS on if IPB will be making more? DoigPiranha seems to have posted the "closest to source" comment. Anyone have any additional facts to support/contradict?

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

I have called numerous times in the last few years. Once they even told me that they were finishing the test print. Nothing ever materialized. Probably won't ever happen.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

I have called numerous times in the last few years. Once they even told me that they were finishing the test print. Nothing ever materialized. Probably won't ever happen.

Agreed. I've spoken to Kim there a few times and I've heard "almost done" and "running them in the next few months" and everything else for a long long time.

Maybe they will shock us and suddenly drop a thousand of them on the market that they have been secretly building up, but I'm not holding my breath.

A pleasant surprise would be nice though.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

I heard that Paramount no longer had the license so any repro now is unlikely as it would require a whole new licensing deal with all parties - this may be incorrect information but is what I was told a few months back.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    mufcmufc said:

I heard that Paramount no longer had the license so any repro now is unlikely as it would require a whole new licensing deal with all parties - this may be incorrect information but is what I was told a few months back.

That would actually be good news. This would allow Rick at PPS to possibly get the license and actually get something made. Anything coming from IPB is a crapshoot.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

IPB +TAF,PF=

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Bummer, original post is four years old. For a minute it looked like we were finally getting new playfields.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Probably be posting this in another 4 years the way IPB moves.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

Give it to CPR

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WannaTheater said:

Does anyone have any FACTS on if IPB will be making more? DoigPiranha seems to have posted the "closest to source" comment. Anyone have any additional facts to support/contradict?

Facts, TAF repro playfields are NOT happening.

Over 26 months and counting where I have had numerous conversations with IPB both in person, on email, and over the phone and the template reply is that the are coming soon/next month/ off to the silscreener/ make up any BS you want...

Plain and simple they are never happening. The best thing that could happen for TAF owners is if IPB gets their legal troubles taken care of and is forced to sell the ability to remake pfs to someone that can get teh job done right.

Even IF IPB managed to someday remake them, trust me that the quality would likely not be worth buying. Have you seen the most recent pfs they have made??? not worth the price and the colors are wrong and the registration is off (which is odd since the last ones were direct print I think).

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

Just find some local talent and you won't have to pay $600 - $1000 a pf.

I only did two playfields for this guy and neither were straight clears.
    IJ rework

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album233

BSD rework(had to have an insert decal made after he botched the mylar pull)

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album278

Both tough jobs that took a lot of time and effort when I had much better things to do.

I would never deal with him again as a result of these comments..No good deed..........

Christopher Hutchins

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    High_End_Pins said:

I only did two playfields for this guy and neither were straight clears.
    IJ rework
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album233
    BSD rework(had to have an insert decal made after he botched the mylar pull)
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album278
    Both tough jobs that took a lot of time and effort when I had much better things to do.
    I would never deal with him again as a result of these comments..No good deed..........
    Christopher Hutchins

You know this is really interesting - I did not set out to bash your work - as a matter of fact I hold it to be the best there is. I just couldn't afford to pay those prices for all my playfields. My local guy can't do what you do as the master - I just accept the quality I get for the price. As a matter of fact - I chose you over everyone else, because I knew the great job you do. I still have the BSD and brag about it all the time - it is the only work of yours I could afford to keep since I could never swing sending a full game.

Sorry if it came off the wrong way - it was not my intention - I still will say you are the best in the business. Surprised to see this turn this way.

Scott

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

And you never botched a single mylar pull?

2 months, 1 week ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

Surprised to see this turn this way.

Yea, me too.

2 months, 1 week ago
    #

I have a used one that has been professionally touched up and clearcoated by NEO. I will likely sell it because I no longer have time to restore the game. This playfield is absolutely gorgeous. If interested, send me a private email and I will shoot you photos this weekend.

Jimmy

2 months ago
    #

Here'a an TAF IPB for sale on E-bay ( not mine ), link wouldn't work, so . . .

Ebay Item # 400661732649

Steve

2 months ago
    #

on the IPB playfield, is it normal for the left outlane switch cut outs not to be centered?
    also, on PF's like this, are the mounting holes already drilled for the underside components?

2 months ago
    #
    burningman said:

is it normal for the left outlane switch cut outs not to be centered?

It's normal for even the factory original B/W playfields to not be centered sometimes.

2 months ago
    #
    Miguel351 said:

It's normal for even the factory original B/W playfields to not be centered sometimes.

it's not really apparent when the playfield is populated and being played . . .

2 months ago
    #
    fast_in_muskoka said:

Here'a an TAF IPB for sale on E-bay ( not mine ), link wouldn't work, so . . .
    Ebay Item # 400661732649
    Steve

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop bidding on this please. You can have the next one.

2 months ago
    #
    WeirPinball said:

What did you learn after sending your playfield to HEP??? OUCH!

lordloss

Pinball addict
    1,232,850 0
    2 months ago
    #
    RTR said:

I would appreciate it if you guys would stop bidding on this please. You can have the next one.

Save up for a real nice NOS TAF PF. Don't waste your time on IPB junk.

2 months ago
    #

lordloss
    Pinball addict
    1,062,250 0
    Mankato, MN
    12 MINUTES AGO | # QUOTE | !! | IGNORE
    RTR said:

Save up for a real nice NOS TAF PF. Don't waste your time on IPB junk.

Your the one bidding this up?!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple