Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg
2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg
2012-03-28_19.45.35.jpg
2012-03-28_21.52.07.jpg

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Ive got a LTBR and it IS a new beast. I reckon Ritchie was inspired by the music! Its hard, its fast and if you miss what you're going for it goes 'bang' straight down the side! Theres some thing funny going on with this pinball. It's inspired! I'm getting to know it but the end is nowhere in sight!

Go Acka!

#52 11 years ago

The new is not wearing off anytime soon .. Why can't you hatters just back off and congratulate those who bought it ? I too am in shock that the game is this good!

You guys are convinced it sucks some have not played it . It is a fresh new, game changing pinball machine that looks like it was built in 2012.

I am glad I own one and you will see some of my 'A" listers for sale way before this BIBLE !

Jim

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#54 11 years ago

Anyone near Madison, WI have a Premium or LE? All this hype is making me really want to play one!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

How is it new and "game changing"? It's T2 with better music.

LOL. Some people just dont get it. You obviously havent played it.

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The new is not wearing off anytime soon .. Why can't you hatters just back off and congratulate those who bought it ? I too am in shock that the game is this good!
You guys are convinced it sucks some have not played it . It is a fresh new, game changing pinball machine that looks like it was built in 2012.
I am glad I own one and you will see some of my 'A" listers for sale way before this BIBLE !
Jim

I agree, Jim. Its a terrific game that will only get better once the rules are expanded upon. Can't wait to see what they do with the rgb inserts.

#58 11 years ago

How is it new and "game changing"? It's T2 with better music.

I was looking at all my other machines and I noticed they all have at least two flippers and two out lanes and a SDTM drains as well. Then I realized that all pinball machines are very similar .

Game changing, because it will attract new players ! I had some unexpected guest come over the other night . It was the guy I buy my automotive paint from and he wanted to see my restoration shop, he brought his 4 boys with him ages 12 to 20 . After showing off the restoration shop I ask if they wanted to see my pinball collection. I have 9 pins in my game room my other pins are at my other shop. The pins in my game room are , Firepower, Addams family, Elvis, Congo, Flying carpet em, Dracula, No Fear, Attack from Mars and AC/DC Back in black..

The boys all had a grin on their face when they walked into the game room , I turned on all the machines and said have at them.. These boys did not know anything about pinball machines . I watched as they played a few of the older games then watched how they all took turns playing AC/DC over and over while the other games sat un-played .

Why would non pinhead gravitate towards AC/DC ? It certainly can not be music, they are way too young ,right ?

They played with smiles and interest until it was time to go. The game is a hit , so quit bagging on it .

This is good for pinball, rise up and enjoy instead of trying to bury it !

Jim

#59 11 years ago

Yes, because you obviously know what pins I have and haven't played []

VA Huh ? I sense a pattern ..

Jim

#60 11 years ago

Here is a better question, let's use Chris as an example. Send Whirlwind to Chris, and end up with a HEP Whirlwind, for the sake of argument let's say total cost $7,000 on the HEP . vs. getting an ac/dc . It's only the collector side of me that would even consider the restore if it was one or the other. AC/DC all the way.

...but man Whirlwind is cool...just not even close to AC/DC for playing. I love the fan, i love the blue and red, i love the spinning discs. No other pin would stop me from playing whirlwind some I guess.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

VA Huh ? I sense a pattern ..

Jim

Hey!! : )

#62 11 years ago

The "newness" factor doesn't mean much to me, it took me all of 3 games to realize I hated Avatar and Rolling Stones when they came out. AC/DC is here to stay, excellent game and will be for a long time!

#63 11 years ago

No offense, just noticed a strong opinion can come from VA .

Jim

#64 11 years ago

Its the whiskey...

We still make Rye.

#66 11 years ago

I see nothing revolutionary in the layout or actual design though.

I read this statement a lot when people say a machine is nothing new. Im curious what people are expecting to see though. These are some of the best designers in the world & they have pretty much figured out what works & doesnt on a pinball machine. Maybe a game with 8 playfields or the flippers at the top of the game shooting the ball towards the player is what your expecting??? Cant see many different things happening in design over whats already been done in the past.

#68 11 years ago

For the record I'm a resident of Wisconsin.

Hey ya can't please them all!!! AC/DC is one of my all time favorite Heavy Metal bands I grew up with, does it make me like the pinball machine on this factor? Well... sure it helped, but I'am also a pinball player and this AC/DC is a helluva machine. I put in about 25 games on it yesterday at grh450's house, simply amazed on the gameplay and how strudy it feels. You see before I even seen or played one, all I heard was a bunch of people saying how cheap and how it feels like crap, well...after playing docscott's BIBLE( about 10 games or so) and then the Pro....well they were wrong!!

#69 11 years ago

I too would love to play one of these. If anyone in the WI region has one and wants to invited a fellow pinhead over, I would love to check it out. Of course I am happy to have anyone over to play my pins also if that is what it takes to get your interest...

#71 11 years ago

The Pro with its hideous face and retread layout is not my cup of tea though.

Its not your cup of tea, fine, but dont trash the game for having Angus on there, its not all that bad in person. Have you even played a Pro? Or your just going on what the Sheeples have said and pictures you have seen? You really can't comment if you have not played one.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I read this statement a lot when people say a machine is nothing new. Im curious what people are expecting to see though. These are some of the best designers in the world & they have pretty much figured out what works & doesnt on a pinball machine. Maybe a game with 8 playfields or the flippers at the top of the game shooting the ball towards the player is what your expecting???

Brilliant idea!

#73 11 years ago

Angus SHOULD be there, it's his band. The robot fire demon was an afterthought to appease those who need to be appeased. It makes no sense on an AC/DC pinball. And no, it does not look like hell. I've waited in line at the DMV, I know what hell looks like.

#74 11 years ago

I guess you just couldn't help yourself though, huh?

Nope, I guess I let some people get under my skin . Your strong opinions are just opinions and I should not give a crap about what you think of a machine you have not played.

I own the game and I am a fan, I can say without a doubt this game is a killer game ..

I am happy you find joy in the games you own and will not beat them down!

Jim

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Angus SHOULD be there, it's his band. The robot fire demon was an afterthought to appease those who need to be appeased. It makes no sense on an AC/DC pinball. And no, it does not look like hell. I've waited in line at the DMV, I know what hell looks like.

Indeed this is true. Angus was supposed to be down in hell......Damn complainers.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Damn complainers

+1 I think Angus looks cool . I am really like playing Highway to Hell and getting the jackpot as high as I can ,best so far is 5.5 million and then I missed the cannon shot.

Jim

#77 11 years ago

I got tired of hearing people say it looks like T2. I have those people over and with in 2 games I ask " Is it like T2? NO. Totally different sound gameplay rules. Cannon is used way more. Fire button location different. ETc.

I do think the face looks cool in person. This pin looks amazing in person. Pics dont do it justice.

To each there own on taste.

#79 11 years ago

I played the pro for about an hour, I thought it was a total piece of junk. At the time I played it the software was very beta. I've got about 40 games in on the LE. It is a DAMN fine looking game. The layout is fine, the music is great. The worst part about the machine is how it starts the song over again when you drain.

However, at this time, it's very incomplete. I've read the rules as they sit today, and it's uninspiring. If they bang out an awesome rule set, I think then we can start saying "home run" and "A title." But until we even have 2.0 on the software (I was told that for Lyman, 1.0 is good enough to release, but he's not "done" until he hits 2.0) it's a little silly to judge gameplay either way.

Now, anyone who thinks this game doesn't sound awesome can't hear, and anyone who doesn't think the game is gorgeous is blind. Flame me all you want, my 2 cents. I'm actually seriously considering one, but not until I find out where they are going with the rules and the software. Next to the premium or LE, there is no doubt that pro isn't the way to go on this game.

Quoted from McCune:

Nope, I guess I let some people get under my skin . Your strong opinions are just opinions and I should not give a crap about what you think of a machine you have not played.

I own the game and I am a fan, I can say without a doubt this game is a killer game ..

I am happy you find joy in the games you own and will not beat them down!

Jim

#80 11 years ago

My take on all of the VS stuff is this. I am 35 years old. I was the target audience for every DMD game in the 90'S. That being said i dont play taf or afm or any of tht stuff anymore. They are fantastic games yes. But i have been playing them for 20 years. I want new blood in the water. Sure i like taf i used to own lots of A list games. Hell i bought my MM for 4,800 bucks back in 07. But there all sold now. I dont see the need to compare games. AC/DC is sterns best game since LOTR i think its better than SM why you ask...it just is for me. Love SM but i played the crap out of that game too.

I love my pro. I would have gotten a LE/PRE but i hate lower PF's so pro it was. Plus since i know Matt at BA is gonna make some cool mods for us pro people.

Oh and Jim my highest song jackpot is up to 40 mil.

#81 11 years ago

You have strong opinions too. Our opinions just happen to differ on this one subject

I own the pin and have played it , you do not and have not played it .. Your opinion is based from what ? Air ?

Words can go along way on the internet and we really do not know what is backing those words .

Jim

#83 11 years ago

I haven't seen or played the Premium/LE yet.

I must have bad comprehension ??

Jim

#84 11 years ago

Words don't mean shit if you don't read them. I said I have played it.

see above .

#85 11 years ago

We need a popcorn smiley

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Will ACDC Premium/LE be a classic must have in the A list high end line up? I think so.

Again confused ?

#88 11 years ago

Now what did my grandmother say about wrestling with a pig.....

#89 11 years ago

I've played every version of the game extensively. It's one of Stern's best for sure. But it's not in the same league as TSPP. It's a gorgeous game and I'd put it in my top 5 Sterns, and I'm a huge AC/DC fan but I think the lower playfield is a one-trick pony and not particularly fun to play. The cannon and bell need a few design tweaks. I've seen the bell come up and whack the playfield glass and the cannon is easily mastered and cheaply put together.

I think the Bell is probably the most creative thing I've seen on a stern in a long time though. It sure beats a screwed-down action figure.

I heard the game sound is in mono though. That's just sad. It's 2012. How can Stern create a music-themed pinball machine and have 1-track music?

#92 11 years ago

For the record I'm a resident of Wisconsin.

FYI, your location is listed as Porthsmouth, VA. With a VA tag as your pic, you should be able to see the confusion. So you still claim Wisconsin but live in VA, or you have not changed your info. Those are my guesses.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:For the record I'm a resident of Wisconsin.
FYI, your location is listed as Porthsmouth, VA. With a VA tag as your pic, you should be able to see the confusion. So you still claim Wisconsin but live in VA, or you have not changed your info. Those are my guesses.

Ya he is all over the place! Jim got under his skin so bad he went over and rated 7 pins and of course you can just feel the frustration and hate this guy has, it's just sad people are like this, we must all pray for him (GFLM).

#94 11 years ago

I got a tilt warning ,lmao ! Call out a bullshiter and get tilted .. I like it ! I did not do any tilting !

Jim

#95 11 years ago

I'm not offering up my opinion on ACDC, but I will say that I have heard the same 'A-list' and 'greatest game ever' reviews for 8 of Stern's last 10 games during the first few months they are released. You have to give it a while.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Comparing AC/DC to current proven "A titles" is kind of silly IMO. Wait 20 years and see if AC/DC is even a blip after all those years. AC/DC is still new and many people are still in the honeymoon phase, and who buys a game and proclaims "oh, it's not that good". Just about every thread I read about new pins when they are first released are "oh its a homerun" from the new owner. Who isn't excited about opening a new in box pinball? This includes TF and Avatar, and we all know that these titles are somewhat a love/hate game now, and probably not considered a "top title".

Just wait till the WOZ comes out. No matter what, everyone who has been on that pre-order list for the past year or so and paid their deposits and passed on other games like Tron or AC/DC are going to annoint WOZ as the greatest game of all time. That is going to happen. Actually, I hope it is the greatest game of all time, that would be awesome for pinball on the whole . . . but you will see some of the most biased reports ever out of the first people to get their LE's.

#97 11 years ago

We all do it. We feel the need to justify our expenditure. One of the reasons it takes a year or two minimum before we get a feel for how a pin stands in the historical ranking.........

Every pin I buy is a keeper 100% Until it isn't

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Ive got a LTBR and it IS a new beast. I reckon Ritchie was inspired by the music! Its hard, its fast and if you miss what you're going for it goes 'bang' straight down the side! Theres some thing funny going on with this pinball. It's inspired! I'm getting to know it but the end is nowhere in sight!
Go Acka!

oy,oy,oy

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

My take on all of the VS stuff is this. I am 35 years old. I was the target audience for every DMD game in the 90'S. That being said i dont play taf or afm or any of tht stuff anymore. They are fantastic games yes. But i have been playing them for 20 years. I want new blood in the water. Sure i like taf i used to own lots of A list games. Hell i bought my MM for 4,800 bucks back in 07. But there all sold now. I dont see the need to compare games. AC/DC is sterns best game since LOTR i think its better than SM why you ask...it just is for me. Love SM but i played the crap out of that game too.
I love my pro. I would have gotten a LE/PRE but i hate lower PF's so pro it was. Plus since i know Matt at BA is gonna make some cool mods for us pro people.
Oh and Jim my highest song jackpot is up to 40 mil.

I am not the only one who has said the PRO is,dare I say...FASTER

#100 11 years ago

Anyone know Trent's price on a Premium offhand?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 29.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
PinSound
Boards
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vs-the-a-listers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.