Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-05-14_10.57.25.jpg
2012-05-14_10.55.58.jpg
2012-03-28_19.45.35.jpg
2012-03-28_21.52.07.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

I was lucky enough to play AFM, MB, MM, TRON LE and Ironman last night! 2.5 hours in a private collection. I also have the ACDC Pro.

I tried to picture it in the line up. I walked away with this thought. ACDC is totally and completely unique. Its a new beast. Different theme, sound, lights, flow and rules. A rock and speed flavor, I like. Not a movie that will fade away. No made up theme. It is just nothing like them.

It would compliment the collection not fight against it.

Hands down it beat out MB and IM in my opinion. MM is in class in a unique class of its own ofcourse. Cant even compare they are so diffenent.

ACDC combos, sound and multiball gives me a adrenaline rush. The only other pins last night that came close was Tron LE and AFM. The others you can sit back and casually play. No nudging. No Cannon Fire button in the middle of you multiball. You get breaks, waiting for the ball to come back.

Will ACDC Premium/LE be a classic must have in the A list high end line up? I think so.

2012-03-28_21.52.07.jpg2012-03-28_21.52.07.jpg 2012-03-28_19.45.35.jpg2012-03-28_19.45.35.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3 12 years ago

I really like everything on these pins, except that Angus mug!

#4 12 years ago

It is indeed very different to other pins and the combination of the speed and rock music does give a great adrenalin rush. Better than MB? Not better - different as MB will be a classic for all time and it has humor and is a great overall package. Won't give the same adrenalin rush and that is why a collection needs BOTH

#5 12 years ago

I really need to hunt one of these down and play it already!

#6 12 years ago

Agreed. Different. Monsters playing instruments. Not my cup of beer for the cost.

Now I want AFM. Or Tron.

I dont mind Angus. People were complaining he wasnt on LE!

#7 12 years ago

I think AC/DC next to AFM would be a superb combo

#8 12 years ago

time will tell, i hope it's great, can't wait to play it...

#9 12 years ago

I'm real interested to play it. I've heard that there's no imagination in it and it's boring.
Come on guys, you gotta have angus's face on there!

Is there any Bon Scott mode or any reference in this?

#10 12 years ago

I played AC/DC Premium at Tx Pinball Fest, and I enjoyed it. Was not boring to me. The ball gets moving around pretty fast. I believe it will end up rated in the top 40 for sure in time, probably higher than that.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm real interested to play it. I've heard that there's no imagination in it and it's boring.

Steve Ritchie was very clear on this in his interview. Bon Scott hasn't been part of ACDC for a very long time. And the band has existed for more than 32 years without him. Including Bon Scott is insulting to Brian Johnson and the current ACDC band that exists today. Therefore, there will be no Bon Scott.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

TheLaw said:I'm real interested to play it. I've heard that there's no imagination in it and it's boring.
Steve Ritchie was very clear on this in his interview. Bon Scott hasn't been part of ACDC for a very long time. And the band has existed for more than 32 years without him. Including Bon Scott is insulting to Brian Johnson and the current ACDC band that exists today. Therefore, there will be no Bon Scott.

That makes total sense!

Now, can somebody explain the rules simply in that what is the overall aim of the game apart from completing songs and getting multiballs?

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Bon Scott hasn't been part of ACDC for a very long time. And the band has existed for more than 32 years without him. Including Bon Scott is insulting to Brian Johnson and the current ACDC band that exists today.

Then why are five of the twelve songs in the game Bon Scott songs? Personally, I think they should have had some kind of special mode that was a tribute to him. "Dirty Deeds" multiball would have been awesome!

#14 12 years ago

AC/DC in my Opinion is an A-Title !!! and I predict it to be in the Top 20 buy 2013 , That is if enough people get to put some Quality tyme on it or Them and Rate it . 2 Diff- Play field's !!

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Then why are five of the twelve songs in the game Bon Scott songs? Personally, I think they should have had some kind of special mode that was a tribute to him. "Dirty Deeds" multiball would have been awesome!

Agreed. Insulting to Brian Johnson? Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Hands down it beat out MB and IM in my opinion. MM is in class in a unique class of its own ofcourse. Cant even compare they are so diffenent.

ACDC combos, sound and multiball gives me a adrenaline rush.

I don't understand how AC/DC gave you an adrenaline rush, but IM didn't?

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

gweempose said:

Agreed again !! " Back in Black " in Brian Johnson's Own word's was Dedicated to Bon Scott ..
Markmon , You have Stuck Yr Foot in Yr Mouth w/ that Comment !!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

People were complaining he wasnt on LE!

That was not me.

I don't see how you cannot compare MM to AC/DC but you can compare it to MB. If one is a different class the other is as well.

Some good comments, each person is going to have their own feel for what they like.

#23 12 years ago

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/acdc/index11.html

More AC/DC news........

I really want to try out the Premium!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think AC/DC next to AFM would be a superb combo

I hope to have a BIB LE next to my AFM in the not to distant future...

Can't wait!!

John

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I was lucky enough to play AFM, MB, MM, TRON LE and Ironman last night! 2.5 hours in a private collection. I also have the ACDC Pro

Luck is an understatement, what an great lineup.

#26 12 years ago

Would I compare AC/DC to many of the A-listers? No. But is it one of the best pins of the past few years? Definitely yes.

#27 12 years ago

I played it recently and it's a good game, I just am not an ACDC music fan, so for me to look at them dancing and the huge Angus mug it doesn't make me want one. That being said I do very much like the game and it was alot of fun. If it was a different band that I like maybe I could add it down the road. To each his own.

#28 12 years ago

Thanks for your post Simonakapw w/ link to Pinball News article about AC/DC pinball machines being promoted at Vegas & Tx Pinball Fest. Another Pinsider (me) in one of the pictures. I just noticed I'm playing AC/DC Premium w/ Steve Ritchie and another guy watching/waiting for their turn. That was at Tx Pinball Fest and was one of the cool moments for me playin a game against Steve Ritchie. There was always at least a short line to play AC/DC & Transformers machines at the Marco booth the entire weekend. I like playing the AC/DC Premium machine (and Transformers).

#29 12 years ago

If you dont like rock this isnt for you. Im really visualizing the Premium/LE with the A listers. Not the Pro. The powder coated rails, 12" sub woofer. LED display. Color changing LEDS. 12 different modes and high scores.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

gweempose said:

You guys do realize that ACDC still plays those songs live right? And they don't have Brian Johnson lip-syncing. He actually sings them. And has for again, about 32 years. Sheesh.

Agreed again !! " Back in Black " in Brian Johnson's Own word's was Dedicated to Bon Scott ..
Markmon , You have Stuck Yr Foot in Yr Mouth w/ that Comment !!

As I stated clearly, it's not my words. It's from the designer, Steve Ritchie, in an interview. He stated the reason. You don't have to agree with it. Just understand that's why. By answering the question and quoting the designer, I stuck my foot in my mouth?

I can quite easy. IM is a dud.

Ironman is a heavy drainer and sure can be frustrating at times. But if you disable the orbit post it sure does flow fast and is a huge adrenalin rush. I love Ironman.

#31 12 years ago

Played AC/DC last night at gameworks the regular version and was very bored with it. I couldn't get into the game at all. They had an Iron Man there I was having a lot more fun with.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Played AC/DC last night at gameworks the regular version and was very bored with it. I couldn't get into the game at all. They had an Iron Man there I was having a lot more fun with.

I put a ton more games on the Pro and whilst I like it, I am disappointed by the unimaginative rule set. I so wanted to love it and buy it but will save the cash for something else!

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

TheLaw said:gweempose said:

You guys do realize that ACDC still plays those songs live right? And they don't have Brian Johnson lip-syncing. He actually sings them. And has for again, about 32 years. Sheesh.

Ironman is a heavy drainer and sure can be frustrating at times. But if you disable the orbit post it sure does flow fast and is a huge adrenalin rush. I love Ironman.

Yes I do know this, and I also know no one in the band is "insulted" by the idea of Bon Scott being associated with ACDC. I also know Ritchie said the quote, not you, and I meant him saying it is the dumbest thing I've heard; because I think it is.

I found IM to be extremely dull and lifeless, that's just me though. I'd like to play it with the changes you've stated.

Like stated above I have heard the rule set of ACDC is pretty limiting, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

#34 12 years ago

I also haven't played it yet. But Lyman's rules should reward combos and have decent mode stacking. The Steve / Lyman combo is my dream team. Love spiderman.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The Steve / Lyman combo is my dream team. Love spiderman.

Mine too,And Spider man is my all time favorite!

#36 12 years ago

Combos are blast on this. Rules are deeper then I expected. Each mutiball has an Add a ball feature they never mention. Im still finding new modes and rules. Keys are to go from one muliball to the next.

Are the outlanes wide open at gameworks? Ball control is must. Flail away and it will kick you in the balls. Think Bowen.

#37 12 years ago

the differences are what make them fun together. difficult to compare. a lot is pure personal preference.

1 month later
#38 11 years ago

Bump up. Now that Im notnthe only one who has one. Acdc vs A list.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Personally, I think they should have had some kind of special mode that was a tribute to him. "

I think they should have done a super LE version run of 6 "Hell ain't a bad place to be" Bon Scott machines.

One for each year he was in the band.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hope to have a BIB LE next to my AFM in the not to distant future...

My BIB is next to my AFM and it makes my AFM look like a dud ! Now Doc had the BiB next to his Black AFM and it held its own.

Stock for stock the AC/DC BIBLE with kill the competition !

Jim

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

PT said:I hope to have a BIB LE next to my AFM in the not to distant future...
My BIB is next to my AFM and it makes my AFM look like a dud ! Now Doc had the BiB next to his Black AFM and it held its own.
Jim

Which game plays better though?

#42 11 years ago

I played a bible tonight and it simply kicks ass in every way.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

honda350r said:PT said:I hope to have a BIB LE next to my AFM in the not to distant future...
Jim
Which game plays better though?

Well, I have played both and prefer AFM by a long way. That said I am not an AC/DC fan. The BIBLE does look great, fantastic even, but it is not really innovative. A great game but it will be a number of years before it can qualify as an A lister.

#44 11 years ago

The lighting and the sound are fantastic.

#45 11 years ago

It could become one of the best. But for now the code is way to unfinished.

#46 11 years ago

Comparing AC/DC to current proven "A titles" is kind of silly IMO. Wait 20 years and see if AC/DC is even a blip after all those years. AC/DC is still new and many people are still in the honeymoon phase, and who buys a game and proclaims "oh, it's not that good". Just about every thread I read about new pins when they are first released are "oh its a homerun" from the new owner. Who isn't excited about opening a new in box pinball? This includes TF and Avatar, and we all know that these titles are somewhat a love/hate game now, and probably not considered a "top title".

Now I'm not saying that AC/DC is a bad game, just that comparing it to the very best games at this point is crazy. When I played AC/DC, I thought it was OK, but the flow was horrid with the cannons, the rules really did nothing for me, and the songs just seemed to get old and stale after an hour of playing. The center drains with the bell and TNT targets were utter frustrating, and it just seemed like every game was just a multi ball frenzy.

Now I am willing to give AC/DC the time for the rules to get worked out and see how it lands, but how does it do compared to AFM, MB, MM? No way I'd take a AC/DC over any of those titles at this point.. and perhaps ever (if I could afford those 3).

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I played a bible tonight and it simply kicks ass in every way

. Sitting next to AFM wth MM across the room and MB there also...most pinheads would play the ac/dc over and over. We watched a room full of them do that last week.

#48 11 years ago

Um, yeah, it's new!

#49 11 years ago

ACDC is new...wait for the new factor to wear off

#50 11 years ago

I think we're just beginning the honeymoon on this one. Once the newness wears off, like it has for the current A-listers, I think more rational comparisons can be made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-vs-the-a-listers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.