(Topic ID: 13071)

AC/DC premium teaser vid

By mnpinball

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 12 years ago

Are the "moving band members" part of the premium version or is it on all versions?

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Are the "moving band members" part of the premium version or is it on all versions?

Premium and LE playfield is the same. But the LE gets the red translucent lower arch/apron.

#4 12 years ago

I really wished they would have left Angus on the lower PF .. I might make an overlay for mine .. LOL

Jim

#5 12 years ago

Looks very cool except for the band doing the Kansas city 2 step

#6 12 years ago

Kind of a strange video!

Difficult to tell from the video but can't wait to play it.

I think the lighting will be superb.

#7 12 years ago

I am sooooo glad I passed on this one!

#8 12 years ago

this is a very odd teaser is this for real?

#9 12 years ago

Looking at it again it can't be sent out by stern , seems a bit goofy

#10 12 years ago

i can't wait to see this movie!!! looks really good. lol

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Looking at it again it can't be sent out by stern , seems a bit goofy

+1

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

This vid is by the PinPin video guys out in Colorado. This was taken a few days ago at the Vegas coin op show.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

This vid is by the PinPin video guys out in Colorado

trailer tom and ffej . i think thats gooches machine ? don't know. they're holding the pin pin 3rd annual drain fest in vegas this weekend. and i have to work . good luck trailer and ffej!

#14 12 years ago

Yeah I gotta agree the band doesn't do it for me. Also I don't care how much people hated the Angus face you can't change it after you made the commitment to make the lower playfied the shape of his face. That just looks plain awful. But if the game plays well I could overlook these things. And of course someone will make an overlay for the lower playfield.

#15 12 years ago

Wow. I really expected something better for the band animation (I was never expecting anything good to begin with). The lower playfield is a joke. You don't obscure the playfield art by putting inserts on someone's face. The owners of Transformers LE didn't like this with the drop target, so why is it now "cool" to do it to an even bigger component of the playfield art? Both versions of the lower playfield look pretty uncreative. At least use custom inserts.

I myself am quite surprised Stern still doesn't seem to get it right more than a year after the Wizard of Oz was announced. They're going to find themselves in hot water once people get their hands on JJP's first game.

#16 12 years ago

This game looks freakin awesome to me. The video was shacky with no sound. Didnt show bell. Dont judge it to soon.

Ritchie and Lyman will deliver.

#17 12 years ago

I dont know, but it is pinball, and as long as there folks still making machines it's all good the way I see it! I do see your points on the dancing band, it is cheesy as hell and behind in times. It's 2012 and JJP with his WOZ will show us what the present and future of pinball is and will be, but consumers will have to pay the price for the up to date technologies as those features dont come cheap. For example when the LCD monitor in WOZ goes out (they will eventually) it will cost some coin to replace vs. $150 dot matrix replacement when it retires.

#18 12 years ago

I liked everything, but the moving band. Their movements remind me of that choppy South Park animation.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

This game looks freakin awesome to me. The video was shacky with no sound. Didnt show bell. Dont judge it to soon.

Ritchie and Lyman will deliver.

I agree !! I'm Not Gonna Judge it Till it's in out of the Box , set up and I have a few play's on it..
    The teaser was ok , but It could've been Better.. So a Premium has left Stern.. There Better be 1 in Texas next week-end,, There actually supposed to be 2 LE's and a Premium there..

#20 12 years ago

Here's a little better video of the features in action thanks to pingame journal.

#21 12 years ago

Thanxx Blakesell , That was a Lil-Better , dam Rookie Filmer's.. When these Pin's start Arriving at Home's & Location's ,, You_Tube is Gonna be Flooded !!!!!!!!! Extra Led's and a Flipper Fidelity Sound system will be in mine,, My Video Will Rock !!!

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

Looks very cool except for the band doing the Kansas city 2 step

LMAO!

#23 12 years ago

The regular AC/DC looks like crap now. Instead of a Haunted House style basement playfield, I am stuck playing "the face".

#24 12 years ago

That animated band thing looks like dog shit....Should have utilized that section with something better.

#25 12 years ago

Turn the animated band out!

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I really wished they would have left Angus on the lower PF

Quoted from pinballkim:

Yeah I gotta agree the band doesn't do it for me. Also I don't care how much people hated the Angus face you can't change it after you made the commitment to make the lower playfied the shape of his face. That just looks plain awful. But if the game plays well I could overlook these things. And of course someone will make an overlay for the lower playfield.

I totally agree here. I'm sorry but this thing looks like a band-aid fix at the last minute to appease RGP and others. It looks like a crazy robot fire demon thing, which makes no sense on an AC/DC pinball. Overlay for me please...LOL!

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

last minute to appease RGP and others.

Yep, all the cry babies that have no intention on buying made the change happen. Super lame !

Jim

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I totally agree here. I'm sorry but this thing looks like a band-aid fix at the last minute to appease RGP and others. It looks like a crazy robot fire demon thing, which makes no sense on an AC/DC pinball. Overlay for me please...LOL!

I am not sure there is anyone to blame but Stern. The bottom line is they put little effort into working through the design. The integration of the lower playfield should have been one of the primary focuses of this game...........It clearly wasn't. Instead they wasted time on a stupid toy like the dancing band............I love the Train, Bell and cannon. It would have looked bad either way..........I do agree though, the fire pit has nothing to do with AC/DC. Why go with rectangle inserts?????

#29 12 years ago

The dancing band does not bother me . I am sure it will be fun while playing the game .

Jim

#30 12 years ago

I love the band. This is exactly the type of thing that has been missing from Stern pins. I love how mechanical it looks. It made me smile and reminds me of those fun shooting games I played as a kid. It will look even better in person.

I agree the lower playfield is odd. I posted here weeks ago that I hoped they didn't change it to appease all the arm chair critics. It appears that is exactly what Stern did. I'd be game for the Angus overlay.

-Craig

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I liked everything, but the moving band. Their movements remind me of that choppy South Park animation.

You beat me to it--that was my exact first thought! And the lower pf with the large inserts looks 'off'--it looks more like the helmet of Iron Man than anything else.

Can't believe people pay thousands of dollars for this. (Although many bandwagon pin hobbyists lose all sense of rationality when they see some bright shiny LEDs.) Yuk.

#32 12 years ago

You guys are falling for the red herring of the fire pit and Stern is laughing at your every post.

The fire pit is NOT the final graphic...

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You guys are falling for the red herring of the fire pit and Stern is laughing at your every post.

Ah, so it WILL be Iron Man! Is that a fake version of the actual quality band animation toy too?

#34 12 years ago

game play looks good, but i have to agree the moving band is not so great (you can say goodbye to angus leg when an air ball get to it) reminds me of a children's toy when it's moving, the way it moves doesn't fit a rock band.
    i had the same feeling when i saw the square inserts for the eyes on the lower playfield, i guess they went for the easy to get and not expensive inserts... the robot demon look!

#35 12 years ago

I dont see what all the bitchin is about, we should all be thankful there is a company still making pinball machines. I do think AC/DC will do very well, the theme will attract the right crowd to plug in lots of coins. it sure to be a money maker. I am ready with a fist full of coins bring it on!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

What is then??!!

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The pics on Stern's official website are of the final game. Why would this change?

#38 12 years ago

All i'm Gonna say is , When i Tire of my AC Prem-- I'll Post it Here 4-Sale .. Receipt & Orig- Box will be included .. I'm Hope-n for the Best tho !! Maybe I could Trade it for a BDK & Alot of CASH ..

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

That animated band thing looks like dog shit....Should have utilized that section with something better.

I'm thinking of a slim widescreen LCD screen, mounted inside a stage plastic/decal (ideally a stage design used at a real acdc show for added effect) linked to a USB storage showing live clips of that show. Or for some more variety a generic plastic/decal with clips of numerous live shows. Just an idea!!

#40 12 years ago

Looks fun to me!! Cant wait to get her and hang my new matching neon over it and play all night long : )

#41 12 years ago

I think the animated band is great! They could have left the simple plastic with a pic of the band up there but this is definitely unique...!

#43 12 years ago

Stop teasing and ship me my game!!!!

#44 12 years ago

is it me or the bell is suppose to swing like that?
    just curious about that.

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

is it me or the bell is suppose to swing like that?
    just curious about that.

Glass is off in that vid.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

beatmaster said:is it me or the bell is suppose to swing like that?
    just curious about that.

so does that mean the bell will hit the glass everytime?

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

mnpinball said:

beatmaster said:is it me or the bell is suppose to swing like that?
    just curious about that.

so does that mean the bell will hit the glass everytime?

That's what i was Think-n ,, The Bell sure does swing High.. Shirley it won't hit the glass..

#48 12 years ago

No. who would design that to hit glass? is the magnet below the bay field to stop it from swinging?

can you play both the top and bottom playfield at the same? please say yes!

#49 12 years ago

Ritchie did say you can play the top and bottom at the same time. This game in the vids looks to me like it's still a demo, but I'll bet this pop up book band background is it. The bell getting stuck seems like something they wouldn't want to keep. The fire face.. well, who knows, it's not even in the 2nd vid.

I wasn't able to get to vegas to play this. I'm hoping I'll be able to do it at launch if I get lucky.

#50 12 years ago

I hate to double post, but here's some more vid of the lower playfield and actual gameplay showing the bell NOT sticking.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-teaser-vid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.