• Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#2 10 years ago

thanks chocky, just what i needed!!!

#3 10 years ago

Thanks - you the man!

#4 10 years ago

Wow, I never knew most of these rules. Especially the super skill shot.

#5 10 years ago

Wow. Very nice. Impressive amount of detail and very well organized. The most thorough I've seen.

A couple suggested additions/corrections:
- Tour multiball progression: You can get this from multiple other threads, and the cheat sheet from pinballreviews.com
- Multiball super jackpot qualification info is incorrect. The linked rule sheet has the Super JP occurring FAR too early. For instance, on Album MB, the Super JP isn't available until after you collect all 15 jackpots (progress through all the albums) -- definitely not after 3 target banks. Same goes for Tour -- complete progress through all the Tours is required. And the # of JP's needed in Jam MB before the Super JP is lit is also much higher (I don't know the exact #, I just know that it is far greater than 6 JP's). Perhaps I'm playing a different version??
- It should be noted that the multiball Super JP's are collected via cannon shots to the bell (after you've qualified them). Subsequent Super JP's (of the same MB) are much easier to qualify.
- VIP passes, used during MB, award you the most important shot available that is lit. If you have one note shot left to collect to add-a-ball, it will award you this shot. If that note you needed isn't a JP for that particular MB, then I don't believe you get a JP on top of it.

#6 10 years ago

Printed! Will study tonight, because this game still mystifies me. Thanks for the write-up!!!

#7 10 years ago

thanks so much. Hope this doesn't supplant Bowen's effort, however.

#8 10 years ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you (to the link author), for taking the time to derive the math of song shot values.

---------------------------------------------------
You play Rock 'n' Roll Train. In this song, the left ramp has a base value of 125K and lit note shots have a base value of 400K. This is your very first song, so you have no progress units so far.

You hit the left ramp, scoring 125K. This particular shot does not earn progress, as the first sequence in Rock 'n' Roll Train must be a combo.
You combo to the right ramp, scoring 400K base value and earn 1 temp. Note that the scoring takes place first, then progress units are added. Technically the cannon will be fired for song jackpot at this point, we'll disregard that. At this point all 5 note shots start flashing.
You shoot the left ramp again. Because the note is flashing, you get a note shot value, worth 408K (400K base + 2% for 1 temp) and earn 1 temp.
You shoot the right orbit, scoring 416K (400K base + 4% for 2 temp) and earning 1 temp.
You shoot the right ramp, scoring 424K (400K base + 6% for 3 temp) and earning 1 temp.
You shoot the bell, scoring 432K (400K base + 8% for 4 temp) and earning 1 temp.
You shoot the left ramp, but this note is not flashing, so you only earn 137.5K (125K base + 10% for 5 temp), but you still earn 1 temp for it.
You shoot the left orbit, scoring 448K (400K base + 12% for 6 temp). This completes the note shots, so all 5 relight. You earn 1 temp for the shot, and since this is your first completion of the note shots, you also earn 3 perm.
You shoot the right ramp, scoring 480K (400K base + 20% for 3 perm and 7 temp) and earning 1 temp.
At this point you drain. This causes you to lose your temp, but you keep your perm.
On your second ball, you shoot the left orbit, scoring 424K (400K + 6% for 3 perm) and earning 1 temp.
You shoot the right orbit, scoring 432K (400K + 8% for 3 perm and 1 temp) and earning 1 temp.
Assume at this point the jukebox was lit and you change the song to Hell's Bells. This also causes you to lose your temp, but you keep your perm.
You shoot the bell, scoring 424K (400K + 6% for 3 perm) and earning 1 temp.
------------------------------------------------------------

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Wow. Very nice. Impressive amount of detail and very well organized. The most thorough I've seen.
A couple suggested additions/corrections:
- Tour multiball progression: You can get this from multiple other threads, and the cheat sheet from pinballreviews.com
- Multiball super jackpot qualification info is incorrect. The linked rule sheet has the Super JP occurring FAR too early. For instance, on Album MB, the Super JP isn't available until after you collect all 15 jackpots (progress through all the albums) -- definitely not after 3 target banks. Same goes for Tour -- complete progress through all the Tours is required. And the # of JP's needed in Jam MB before the Super JP is lit is also much higher (I don't know the exact #, I just know that it is far greater than 6 JP's). Perhaps I'm playing a different version??
- It should be noted that the multiball Super JP's are collected via cannon shots to the bell (after you've qualified them). Subsequent Super JP's (of the same MB) are much easier to qualify.
- VIP passes, used during MB, award you the most important shot available that is lit. If you have one note shot left to collect to add-a-ball, it will award you this shot. If that note you needed isn't a JP for that particular MB, then I don't believe you get a JP on top of it.

This is correct on my machine as well.

#11 10 years ago

No i dont think he got any money for this.

#12 10 years ago

No, but it's a very, very good start. I have always been impressed with a rulesheet that details a high level of dependencies. Without having the benefit of the actual written code at which to look, discovering all of these with simple empirical play would seem to take a tremendous amount of time. We all applaud the effort.

#13 10 years ago

There are a few song mode scoring nuances that aren't there, but good grief, that rule sheet is incredibly comprehensive.

Figuring out the temporary song scoring progression and permanent song scoring progression alone.... wow.

#14 10 years ago

Just bought this pin last week, this clears up a lot for me, wow

#15 10 years ago

That's a great rule sheet. He should post it here. Why pinball arcade?

#16 10 years ago

Amazing sheet.

#17 10 years ago

This is awesome! Copied over to MS Word with Encore mode details its 13 pages long!

#18 10 years ago

Lyman has around a month left to exclusively work on Metallica. Do you guys thing that Lyman will return to ACDC this summer before moving working onto his next machine? I remember a while back hearing that game wouldn't be complete until 2.0.

As far as suggestions for what I would like to see in future updates they are...

1. More use of the shot behind the bell. This shot only appears to award in Hell's Bell's and for some jackpots. It would be great if this shot could come into play more for all songs.

2. Live Song Mode: Based on the 1.65 update this appears to be coming as an option exists for it in the menu. However, will the live songs be additional songs to play in the game with duplicate rules or will it just replace studio tracks for when the option is enabled? Personally I would to see the ability to unlock the live track for play as an award while playing its studio track.

3. TNT detonator shot: The shot for the TNT detonator only appears to come into play during TNT. Like the Hell's Bell's shot it would be great if this shot could award (plus the toy would activate) during any song.

4. Increased use of the mini playfield: Some more points could be awarded for the time spent down there to make it a more important part of the game. The lower playfield is such an awesome feature on the Premium yet it can only be used during 3 songs. Why not allow two VIP passes activate the lower playfield for all songs? Also a Hell Champion high score would be great for this toy! Anything to expand the lower playfields use / important would be welcome in my opinion.

5. Ball locks: Maybe this could be made a feature that could be turned on or off as it would slow the game down a bit. Still, it seems like ball locks could be enabled at the shot behind the bell and the canon. At times it just seems odd that ball locks do not exist in this game.

#19 10 years ago

Great rulesheet. I had everything down except the scoring values since that requires study. I would make a correction though to the super features section of the rulesheet. A super feature is NOT always available and they CAN run together. A super feature becomes available at the start of a ball or at the change of a song but is only available when you earn it. A Super Feature will begin to flash once you have made the shot requirement for the current song to light up the musical notes. So for War Machine, a left loop starts a super feature flashing, but for Rock And Roll Train you must make a left ramp, then combo shot to light the super feature. The same for all songs on the list...some require 1 shot to start Super Feature and some more.

Once the Super Feature is blinking you have to hit 3 lit musical note shots to start the feature pulsing which means running. You can change the super feature before starting it by hitting a Thunderstruck target. So you can select your Super Feature if you have the guts to go for the targets. This allows you to combine Super Features with songs, like loops with War Machine, Ramps with Train, Targets with TNT and so on.

When you start a new song on the current ball the Super Feature that is currently running will continue to run but you will be able to start another feature in exactly the same way. When you start another Super Feature you will have both running together and so on. I am not sure what happens if you have all 4 running and start a fifth song on the same ball.

This is a great tool to know how to use to maximize scoring on the game. Backhanding Thunderstruck targets to set up the Super Features adds a whole new level of nuance to an incredible ruleset.

#20 10 years ago

"Super Targets - Presumably increases scoring on the target banks while it's active. "

Kind of understating one of the more important scoring strats!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

"Super Targets - Presumably increases scoring on the target banks while it's active. "
Kind of understating one of the more important scoring strats!

Pinball 102 update please.

#22 10 years ago

"Super Lanes - One of the F-I-R-E letters flashes rapidly; which one is controlled by the flippers. Making the "F" or "E" awards Double Bonus. If you happen to get this twice in one ball (which is possible through multiball), collecting it the second time awards Triple Bonus. Making "I" or "R" doubles the value of your next shot. This is only active for a few seconds, so shoot something quickly."

I believe Solar Ride has said that that shot isn't timed. Can't be used to double a cannon shot, but not timed.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

"Super Lanes - One of the F-I-R-E letters flashes rapidly; which one is controlled by the flippers. Making the "F" or "E" awards Double Bonus. If you happen to get this twice in one ball (which is possible through multiball), collecting it the second time awards Triple Bonus. Making "I" or "R" doubles the value of your next shot. This is only active for a few seconds, so shoot something quickly."
I believe Solar Ride has said that that shot isn't timed. Can't be used to double a cannon shot, but not timed.

3rd super lane outlane adds to base bonus. Only way to double a cannon shot is with super targets. i.e. shoot the TNT bank into the acdc bank for 2x

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Making the "F" or "E" awards Double Bonus.

No wonder I hardly ever get double bonus.
I never set the flashing light to F or E. Always an optimist and going for I and R.

#25 10 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone. That rulesheet is a work in progress, and there are some subtle nuances I'm sure I'm missing - I'm trying to get the general outline complete before correcting the details. Feel free to post corrections either here or in the pinballarcadefans.com thread itself. The reason it's there instead of here is that I'm a moderator there and it's easier to clean up the thread after updates.

- SDC

And yes, the part with the multiballs is pretty inaccurate right now. It was copied from an old thread before I owned an AC/DC.

#26 10 years ago

Nice 6/25 udpate, SDC! Great work.

For subsequent MB SJP's, is the SJP requalified for collection even outside of that MB? For example, Jam MB SJP...
- you qualify the first SJP and collect during the MB.
- you immediately drain down to one ball, ending Jam MB.
- you shoot 6 more ramps in single ball play.

Does the cannon then lite for a shot at another Jam SJP during single ball play?
Or must the "6 more ramps" required for 2nd Jam SJP be completed during that Jam MB or subsequent Jam MB's?

Also of note was the discovery of another coveted extra ball via the 2nd Jam SJP.

Regarding VIP passes: during single ball play, I've found that using a VIP pass awards that song's most important shot. Usually, it's the featured shot that lites/relites all the other note shots for song award collections. For example, during Rosie, it should spot an upper lane completion, which will lite/relite all your song notes.

As an aside, don't use a VIP pass during War Machine. Based on Arcade's and his son's experience, it will spot you exactly one spin. So worthwhile! lol

Some comments on song rules:
Rosie:
You only need to get one flashing AXE lane to relite all the Note Shots -- It doesn't require completion of the AXE lanes. The right controlled orbit gate above AXE lanes should "always" stop a left orbit shot so it stays in the AXE lanes. It's mechanical, so it may not always work. But in theory, it should and -- in my experience -- does so almost all the time even on the powerful clean shots to the L orbit.

Question: is there a difference in scoring and "temp" progression between hitting a flashing note shot or a solid note shot?

Hells Bells:
Only note that you can shoot the bell any time to relite any note shots you've unlit by previously collecting them.

H2H:
After initially completing the LPF (lower Playfield) loops to lite all 5 shots, face targets are not available for repeat shots until they are relit by either: (1) each completion of all 3 face targets, or (2) each completion of both loops.

#27 10 years ago

Oh, and re: Album MB, from what I've read from Elwin and others here on Pinside, I think you can also get multiplied JP's if you happen to / skillfully bank the ball from one completed target bank to another (ie. in one shot, complete ACDC bank, which caroms into last TNT target to complete the TNT bank)

#28 10 years ago

WooooHooo!!! THANKS!!

I do have one question about the devil horn inserts. The rulesheet says these are used to re-qualify the lower playfield (and I don't dispute that). However, why does the 'pro' model have these inserts if there is no lower playfield? ...and why do they blink even while the playfield is already 'qualified'?

I wonder if there is more planned with these inserts in future code updates?

#29 10 years ago

Alright, on the tail end of my lunch hour here, but really quickly:

- The multiball super jackpots are only available in their respective multiballs, and progress toward those SJPs can only be earned in their respective multiballs. What I did not think to test was whether partial progress toward a SJP is held between multiballs. (i.e., if you make 4 ramps toward the second Jam SJP, drop out of Jam Multiball, and then return to Jam Multiball later, do you need to make 2 or 6 ramp shots to light the SJP?)

- I've not thoroughly explored the VIP Passes yet, but I'll keep your observations in mind. I do know that a VIP Pass in War Machine will often give the left orbit note and not a single spin once the notes are lit, so it's not totally useless in WM.

- There are some known minor inaccuracies in the song play; I was concentrating on getting the very complex scoring/progress system under control first, and I figured slightly wrong info was better than no info at this point. Thanks for the observations though!

- As far as flashing note shots vs. solid note shots: It depends on the song. For most songs the difference between solid and flashing note shots for scoring and temp purposes is minimal to nonexistent. I used to think the machine used the flashing notes to show the shots you still needed to collect the 3 perm and "complete" the song, but on some songs when you relight notes they come back flashing, so I am not sure exactly what the difference is.

- I'm not sure about the bank shots doubling jackpots in Album Multiball. How would the machine tell the difference between an actual bank shot and two separate balls completing two banks simultaneously? Is an actual bank shot required or is it merely two rapid completions?

- I've never played a Pro, but presumably there have to be alternate rules that are used for the Hell songs. Perhaps the underutilized horns shots on the Premium/LE are put to more effective use on the Pro?

#30 10 years ago

BUMP. IMHO, this is too important to fall off the front page so soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-prem-rulesheet-v165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.