M_and_J.jpg
beat.jpg
IMB.jpg
album_iron_maiden_somewhere_in_time_ir.jpg
ACDC.jpg
seven_leasttv_05.jpg
IM.jpg
Master_of_Puppets.jpg
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 12 years ago

Seeing as a KISS has been done and Nugent and 2 Rolling Stones...
Why not a hard rock'n theme?
I'd rather have a Megadeth (no no no I don't want Metallica)
AC/DC is a huge theme that could be fun and see to the hardcore AC/DC fans.
It could bring a lot more people to play on location that Rolling Stones too.

#2 12 years ago

No... It was bad enough that they got their own Rock Band game. I hate AC/DC and don't particularly care for music-themed pins so it is a lose/lose proposition for me.

#3 12 years ago

why no metallica? still bitter about them tossing dave mustaine? just kidding, i like megadeth too. some hard rock in pinball would be awesome. music themed pins haven't had a good track record for sure jarjar, but using a band thats still relevant would be a step in the right direction, use concert sale data or something...

#4 12 years ago

Man ,, I Hate to say this jarjar ,,, but...........

Holy S#*t !!! Where are you From ? Or are you older than 70..

( with Bon Scott )

( with Brian Johnson ) Rest in Peace Bon...

,,, Hell Yes to an AC/DC pin,,, The Bell, Cannon , mod's and Music Un-limited !!!

#5 12 years ago

I think if a band themed pin has a chance, it would be a Metallica machine (which has been rumored as an upcoming Stern machine). Metallica is still relevant and they have a lot of crossover appeal. Seems like people young and old like them and know who they are or at least are familiar with a number of their songs. Even though it would be a music-themed pin, I would have to admit to being intrigued by it if it were to become a reality.

Just think how cool a Master of Puppets mode would be!!!

Master_of_Puppets.jpgMaster_of_Puppets.jpg

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Man ,, I Hate to say this jarjar ,,, but...........

Holy S#*t !!! Where are you From ? Or are you older than 70..

Ha! Actually, I'm only 33!

I've just never cared for them. Most of their songs sound the same and the singer sings like his nuts are in a vice. Speaking of nuts, that Big Balls song is pretty amusing though...

#7 12 years ago

They do have a custom Metalica Pin out there built out of an ES shell, I played it and it was very fun!!

I would love for an AC/DC pin to come out that would be awesome!!

#8 12 years ago

Enter Sandman with Metallica would be Killer too.. Bon Scott died in 1980 , I was 12 yr's old,, I didn't even Know about AC/DC .. I Hope that I will Never get to the Age where Rock & Roll is Bad to my Ear's..

.. I was just feel-n you out there jarjar,, ( Old-school Metallica )

. Here's a Custom AC/DC Pinball...

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

.. I was just feel-n you out there jarjar,, ( Old-school Metallica )

Such an epic song!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Such an epic song!

Exactly !!! Gotta Love'm !!! I'm All about Rock and Heavy Metal.. ( some )

, and Brian Johnson HAS had Better voice day's,, He's been with AC/DC for 31 yr's now,, His

Voice is About Squelled out .. I wish Bon had never drowned on his own Fluid's ..

#11 12 years ago

Ac/DC, that would be great but I would prefer a Judas Priest Pin.

Can you imagine playing to this?

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I was just feel-n you out there jarjar,, ( Old-school Metallica )

That is a great song... My favorites from Metallica are their instrumentals Orion, To Live is to Die, and Suicide & Redemption. Oh, and Dyer's Eve rocks beyond belief!

Now that I think of it... I would probably cave if somebody made a nice NIN pin. Not sure I could resist one if it existed.

#13 12 years ago

Hell yea.....Thunderstruck would make a great tune for multiball...

#14 12 years ago

no

#15 12 years ago

I sortof hate Metallica, bastards killed the real Napster.

Back in Black is one of the best albums of all time, would make an awesome pin.

#16 12 years ago

I would definitely have to find a way to make room for an AC/DC pin! Think of the possibilities--Hells Bells pop bumpers; Highway to Hell Ramp; High Voltage magnets; Big Balls multiball; For Those About to Rock cannons; Rosie bash toy; Dirty Deeds mode and on and on...

#17 12 years ago

Love Metallica and really enjoy AC/DC, but I don't think I'd be interested in either (or any other major performer) as a pin.

#18 12 years ago

I think ACDC are great but am not sure that it is the best theme for a pin. I would like to see something that the artists could exploit more. We had a pin recently with a bunch of old blokes on it.

#19 12 years ago

"Put them in the Iron Maiden..."

IM.jpgIM.jpg

#21 12 years ago

I want a Dethklok machine. I had an idea for an AC/DC pin, and couldn't you take several machines on tour?

Set them up at the venues for play, and/or sale. I though the age of the AC/DC concert-goers might be those with enough to buy a machine.

Weird idea, I know, but thought it would be a good way to advertise the machine.

#22 12 years ago

VAN HALEN!!!!!!!

#23 12 years ago

Slayer has a video pinball in the iTunes store

http://www.slayer.net/us/videos/slayer-pinball-rocks-demo

I freaking love slayer !

J

#24 12 years ago

......winger,
winger would blow slayer back to kindergarden class

seven_leasttv_05.jpgseven_leasttv_05.jpg

well maybe

#25 12 years ago

Most pool halls and bars play just middle to hard rock.
I'm the only dude paying for Megadeth, Ministry, Slayer, Amon Amarth, etc...
I'll play Dream Theater, KMFDM, PIG, Fates Warning and shit that
most there have never heard of and they can't connect with it.
AC/DC is something that someone always connects with in pool halls and bars.

#26 12 years ago

Let There Be Rock!

#27 12 years ago

YES to AC/DC but Metallica a little better for me.

Would buy any of those 2 pins in the minute without even thinking.

#28 12 years ago

AC/DC YES .... IT HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THAT TURD ROLLING STONES STERN GAME!

#29 12 years ago

Before WOZ was a possibility, I said that if and AC/DC pin was released, it would be my first NIB purchase. So in a way, I hope that an AC/DC pin isn't released, because if it is I'll have to figure out how to explain/afford another NIB purchase.

And in case anyone is wondering, here's a conversion and it looks great:

http://s107351202.onlinehome.us/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?m-1146309506/s-all/

ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Hyperion:

IT HAS TO BE BETTER THAN THAT TURD Rolling Stones STERN GAME!

+1

#31 12 years ago

how about a heavy metal/hard rock tribute machine........twisted sister,ac/dc,led zepplin,metallica,iron maiden.......all the bands wrapped up into one machine filled with booming bass, awesome lights and an awesome sound board and amazing speakers to give everyone an amazing experience.

i imagine the license would be a problem but it would be awesome!

#32 12 years ago

I've always though some rules where a certain number of shots you could pick a player to annoy or impact during their next ball. Using the speakers to up the volume, but the song doesn't play until their ball. Something loud, I think could make the game interesting.

This is a heavy metal hobby.

#33 12 years ago

The knock off gets an A for effort, I'll wait for the real deal.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I hate AC/DC and don't particularly care for music-themed pins so it is a lose/lose proposition for me.

i have to agree dont care for ac/dc. megadeath on the other hand hell yeah! i think a slayer themed machine would be sweet atleast to me. i could think of alot of rock/metal bands that would be awesome if you had the right team.

Most pool halls and bars play just middle to hard rock.
I'm the only dude paying for Megadeth, Ministry, Slayer, Amon Amarth, etc...
I'll play Dream Theater, KMFDM, PIG, Fates Warning and shit that
most there have never heard of and they can't connect with it.

hell yeah man i can relate with that. throw on some heavy jamz and people get all wierd about it i love it!

#35 12 years ago

Yes, and I think the shooter groove should be the guitar intro to "touch too much".....

1 month later
#36 12 years ago

AC/DC or Metallica would be awesome!

bring em both on I say..

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I would definitely have to find a way to make room for an AC/DC pin! Think of the possibilities--Hells Bells pop bumpers; Highway to Hell Ramp; High Voltage magnets; Big Balls multiball; For Those About to Rock cannons; Rosie bash toy; Dirty Deeds mode and on and on...

Maybe Hells Bells is the song when you first pull the plunger on the first ball, that would be awesome. Maybe sneak Trevor Hoffman in there too.

#38 12 years ago

No, sounds like a great way to lose money. =/

#39 12 years ago

With Ritchie supposedly making this, would interest me. However only to play on location. Like most music pins, you need to be a fan of the band to buy especially with soooooo many great pins on the way.

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from twizz63:

.....Thunderstruck would make a great tune for multiball

I was thinking the same thing. I am a country fan so the metal pins do nothing for me. The new stones pin even annoys the wife. That means it will never be in my collection. She lets me get anything, but i will not get them if she has played it and says it annoys her.

She likes AC/DC so it would be a good one for me as long as the shots and music are working together.

#41 12 years ago

AC/DC - no
Metallica - no
Other rock bands - no. Even though I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan and a pin of them would be cool, I'd still say no.

I cannot believe that Stern regurgitated the Rolling Stones. May be a good band but another pin with pictures of 70 years old's on it? Give me a break! How about something fresh from Stern?

#42 12 years ago

I think any of the themes mentioned would be great (and have been contemplating building a custom pin down the line).

But if any rock theme were to really resonate, I think it'd have to be a Spinal Tap theme. One could accumulate 6 (or was it 7) balls for a dead drummers multi-ball; and the sound track is already solid. And as much as I am not a fan of playfield toys, I couldn't imagine it complete without a pod or two and a little Stonehenge spinner gate

#43 12 years ago

Iron Maiden, killer band and the best album artwork of any rock n roll band.....

album_iron_maiden_somewhere_in_time_ir.jpgalbum_iron_maiden_somewhere_in_time_ir.jpg

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Even though I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan and a pin of them would be cool, I'd still say no.

Pink Floyd would be awesome!

#45 12 years ago

No.
No.
Tool - yes
Mr. Bungle - yes

- hah listen to the whole thing, timing/rhythm changes are crazy. for those that don't know thats Mike Patton from faith no more - guy is nuts!

#46 12 years ago

If the rumors are true, Stern really loves 80 year old rock and rollers. I say they step it up and go with the original bad boy of rock.. Mozart! He isn't much older.

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Pink Floyd would be awesome!

Now that is probably the only music pin that would really tempt me!

#48 12 years ago

Tool would make an insanely awesome game. But in general I don't care about games based on bands. I think they need to try something else. Like when Stern made Roller Coaster Tycoon (based off of the computer game). So maybe try Stern Oprah, Stern Jelly Belly, Stern Candy Land, or the one I would buy NIB... Stern 1040EZ ("Taxes made fun!")

#49 12 years ago

Good ideas mykquillion. They could make Stern Oprah easily convertible from standard to widebody and vice versa.

#50 12 years ago

As a Tax Accountant, I think a 1040 or 1040EZ pinball machine would be excellent. The missions/objectives would be to obtain numerous deductions and credits and you'd be shooting for a high refund check instead of a high score. Maybe you could hide money is off shore accounts to lower your taxable income. Or maybe take cash under the table. Or maybe exaggerate some deductions and hope you don't get audited. The final battle could be with an IRS Revenue Agent. The possibilities are endless!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pinball-machine-yes-or-no and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.