(Topic ID: 78172)

AC/DC: New original translite, meet Helen! (New March run)

By Aurich

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSCN2462.JPG
9200.1.jpg
20141216_223216.jpg
image-396.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_6002.jpg
IMG_6004.jpg
acdcHelen.jpg
image.jpg
20150204_082537.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMAG0589.jpg
IMAG0588.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.
#51 10 years ago

Thanks, got you on the list.

There's a minimum print run for these things, but at the rate people are signing up I'm not worried about hitting it soon. Once we hit that number I'll leave it open long enough to make sure no one else is signing up, then probably buffer a few extras for any last minute folk. Like listening to popcorn in the microwave, you want to pull it when the pops slow down, but not wait until it's all quiet.

Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

It would be awesome if you create a decal WITH the so called "hated face" so that premium and le owners can use this to replace this "something" in the lower playfield with original LP artwork

That's so crazy it just might ... actually no, it's just crazy.

My favorite part of Luci is actually the new lower playfield art, that would be a sweet thing to work on, but I just don't think it would be worth the effort, not that many people would want to take apart their lower playfield to try a swap. A translite is dead simple, even people scared of screwdrivers can do that.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

This looks cool Aurich! My wife would never let me put it on my AC/DC though...

Really!?! seems pretty tame

#54 10 years ago

damn you, now i'm gonna have to spend more money.
skin looks better than pepto luci.

i have no problem with angus face on my pro but if you make a decal might as well go with the full kit.
if you do how much for the full kit, decal, translite and instruction cards?

can't wait to see some pics with the translite installed on ac/dc.
i wanna see how your orange blends in with the machine.

#55 10 years ago

Are you posting the cards or do you want to sell them? I have a Luci coming and hope they look good on her as well.
Thanks

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Are you posting the cards or do you want to sell them? I have a Luci coming and hope they look good on her as well.
Thanks

I'll post them for free and people can print their own, and still include them with the translite for orders too. I haven't made the Pro version of the cards yet that has the lower playfield rule removed, so I need to do that first.

#57 10 years ago

On the custom cards I would change "For those about to Rock" to load the cannon.

Cards and translite look sick!!!

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's so crazy it just might ... actually no, it's just crazy.
My favorite part of Luci is actually the new lower playfield art, that would be a sweet thing to work on, but I just don't think it would be worth the effort, not that many people would want to take apart their lower playfield to try a swap. A translite is dead simple, even people scared of screwdrivers can do that.

I don´t think that´s too crazy.
i am not the only one beeing disappointed that the agnus face ( which is a part from the "highwy to hell" cover ) did´nt make it on the "hell" playfield.

And if someone will offer an replacement for the piece of crap that is actually used , i will buy it.

As for the score cards: i am with smassa. change the point regarding for those about to rock to load the cannon.
compleeting f-i-r-e will avctivat song jackpot and has nothing to do with the song.

I must think over ordering the translite..

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure rarehero or someone else I know with a Premium would be happy to let me test,

Translite testing complete! Time to fire up the printing presses.

Looks awesome Aurich, nice work! PM sent.

IMG_3194.JPGIMG_3194.JPG

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

damn you, now i'm gonna have to spend more money.
skin looks better than pepto luci.
i have no problem with angus face on my pro but if you make a decal might as well go with the full kit.
if you do how much for the full kit, decal, translite and instruction cards?
can't wait to see some pics with the translite installed on ac/dc.
i wanna see how your orange blends in with the machine.

Problem is I don't actually know what my decal costs are going to look like yet, so I can't really promise anything. My plan without knowing the details was to offer them as a pack, with a handful inside, maybe some design variations. That way you could pick your fav, or if one does get worn you could replace it. I'm working on it, talking to my printer about it more tomorrow.

I noted down your name for being interested in such a thing, we can talk. Can always PM me too if you have questions.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

On the custom cards I would change "For those about to Rock" to load the cannon.
Cards and translite look sick!!!

Thanks, I don't own AC/DC, and I've only casually played it, so I would love it people could help me correct any mistakes, or make things clearer, I just went off what I researched. I thought the stock cards with the game weren't very clear, so I tried to fix them.

Here are the cards, please don't try and print these, they're too low rez, I promise when they're done I'll upload nice ones for people to print for free, with all the fixes, and a variation for the Pro owners.

card-rule-fixes.jpgcard-rule-fixes.jpg

Edit: Changing bottom rule on the right to:

Lower Playfield * Select one of the three "Hell" songs to light the mini playfield, shoot song shots to enter.

#62 10 years ago

My wifes name is Helen so this is a must have : )

#63 10 years ago

Damn, I really don't need to spend any more $$'s on my AC/DC. ...but.... PM sent.

#64 10 years ago

Those instruction cards are the bomb.
They would look great to go with my Custom Jukebox plastics.
If you want to sell them I understand, but if not, and you could post the file for download so we can change the song titles, that would be fantastic.

#65 10 years ago

Cards look great. Thanks!!

I think the top of the jukebox card should say Use Flippers To Choose A Song Then FIRE.

I'd also like to see free play removed and Helen's note and signature removed since she looks hot. LOL

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

ya, that Angus Mug was one of the main reasons I didn't get ACDC.

I think Angus on the playfield is great. Angus Young is ACDC so I don't know why all you don't like it. Way better than any stupid chick, how is that ACDC in any way? I guess it's for all you who dream about girls and don't have one...

#67 10 years ago

Your work is simply outstanding.

#68 10 years ago

I'm in for buying a customized set with a few song names changed...

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

They sure would!

Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm in for buying a customized set with a few song names changed...

In as well!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I unfortunately don't own AC/DC

This is the only problem I can see with this whole thing. You've got to find a way to change that sentence to read:

"I fortunately own AC/DC"!!!!!

Just have to find a way to get a few of those letters out of the original sentence and it's all good

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

This is the only problem I can see with this whole thing. You've got to find a way to change that sentence to read:
"I fortunately own AC/DC"!!!!!
Just have to find a way to get a few of those letters out of the original sentence and it's all good

Hahaha. Need to ask my CPA if I can write one off on my taxes for development work!

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Those instruction cards are the bomb.
If you want to sell them I understand, but if not, and you could post the file for download so we can change the song titles, that would be fantastic.

I'm going to post them for free. If you want to modify them yourself I will not mind. Alternately I think I'll charge $10 to make you a custom digital file with your songs that you can print. I'd offer to do that for free too, but it's a bit of a pain, and if a bunch of people asked for it I just don't have the free time right now to do all the editing, generating files etc.

#73 10 years ago

Looks awesome. Can I still order next month? Paying for a lot of mods this month.

#74 10 years ago

I love it just the way it is and would like the custom cards with it. PM being sent next. Nice work!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Really!?! seems pretty tame

Getting AC/DC in the house was one hell of a sell...

#76 10 years ago

Translite is awesome, can't wait to see the decal. When's the big reveal going to be?

#77 10 years ago

I think it all looks awesome. Nice job. Were you considering making a couple of the Helen decals for the lower playfield like the new Luci has. That would be a great total package. I'll bet you could get quite a few people who would want to order them.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Looks awesome. Can I still order next month? Paying for a lot of mods this month.

With the timing of things, waiting for the pre-orders, doing the printing, etc, I won't ask anyone for money before Feb.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Translite is awesome, can't wait to see the decal. When's the big reveal going to be?

Haha, I don't want to hype that part too much, it's the same art just framed in the window shape, with maybe some small touches. I was just waiting until I knew more about the printing/material, I can't quote a price or anything yet.

#80 10 years ago

You Sir, Are A Master!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Nightstick:

I think it all looks awesome. Nice job. Were you considering making a couple of the Helen decals for the lower playfield like the new Luci has. That would be a great total package. I'll bet you could get quite a few people who would want to order them.

I hadn't thought about that, not owning AC/DC means I'm not looking at it. I dunno, it's a cool idea, but I wonder how many people are willing to take their lower playfield off. And I don't really want to steal ideas from Luci, which might sound funny, but it's bad enough my idea got kinda trumped by Stern.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but it's bad enough my idea got kinda trumped by Stern.

Don't worry about it. Sterns stuff is Sterns stuff. And yours is yours.
Just depends on what we like better. And I don't see Stern posting translites on the boards for us to purchase anyway.

#83 10 years ago

first thought was, thats Purgatori from Lady Death.

llHm2Cb.jpgllHm2Cb.jpg

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

first thought was, thats Purgatori from Lady Death.

lol nice. Helen is much sweeter than that, Purgatori doesn't look very cuddly.

#85 10 years ago

Amazing stuff. Between this, The Shadow and Ars you make me wish I had a modicum of talent so I could do something to make my Doctor Who look decent.

Bravo.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wonder how many people are willing to take their lower playfield off.

Removing the lower playfield is super easy, it's just a few screws and that's it.

#87 10 years ago

Okay, new plan! I am posting the cards for people to freely print. If you have no graphical skills at all, I will make you a custom song card for $10. But if you have even a simple image editing program I'm including a card with all the song names blank, and you can simply type over them yourself. Easy! Due to a couple requests I am also including a version of the "Helen" card with no signature, and no Free Play message.

Each card should be printed at 300 dpi to come out the right size. If that's greek to you we can help you out. Alternately if you order the translite I'm including pre-printed cards in it for those who don't want to deal with making their own.

Download the zip here with 4 high quality JPEGs in it.

A preview of what they look like:

helen-card-grid.jpghelen-card-grid.jpg

Edit: Added PDFs to make printing easier too, these print at the exact right size with no fuss:

Pro: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards-pro.pdf

Premium/LE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227626/Shared/acdc-cards.pdf

#88 10 years ago

That is awesome. Thanks for the download.
Can't wait to see these on my machine with Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds et all.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That is awesome. Thanks for the download.
Can't wait to see these on my machine with Shoot to Thrill and Dirty Deeds et all.

I almost linked them in your jukebox thread, but I didn't want to highjack it. Would go well with your project though.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think Angus on the playfield is great. Angus Young is ACDC so I don't know why all you don't like it.

1. The art style doesn't match the rest of the art package
2. Due to the mismatched style & the black outline around it - it looks like a decal covering up a missing feature (which it is - the lower playfield from the Premium/LE)
3. It's HUGE and just takes up a lot of playfield real estate which is usually filled with inserts and other dynamic art

Now you know why people don't like it.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I almost linked them in your jukebox thread, but I didn't want to highjack it. Would go well with your project though.

Link away. Anything that helps this great hobby I am all for.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

2. Due to the mismatched style & the black outline around it - it looks like a decal covering up a missing feature (which it is - the lower playfield from the Premium/LE)

Yeah, I don't know why that part wasn't planned better. They didn't have to black outline the window shape, just make it integrate with the rest of the art.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I don't have an AC/DC, but I really like her. Actually, I wish she took up more of the translite. I also like the jukebox play cards. I think Luci is nice and if was buying a machine would probably get her over the regular version, but the pink/purple skin throws me off. I do need to know where Helen got her anti-gravty bra.

I have to agree with the size of Helen. Would be great to enlarge her a bit to giver her a bit more presence. Even the text could be slightly larger. Otherwise it's amazing work. The cards are absolutely perfect.

#95 10 years ago

Are printed cards still coming with translite orders?

#96 10 years ago

Must have!

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I have to agree with the size of Helen. Would be great to enlarge her a bit to giver her a bit more presence. Even the text could be slightly larger. Otherwise it's amazing work. The cards are absolutely perfect.

I think everyone will be happy when they see it in person, everything has a lot more impact at the actual size instead of a small image on the screen. I know I even felt that way when I first saw the test print.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Are printed cards still coming with translite orders?

Yes, definitely. I just had so many people wanting them, or wanting to customize them that I decided to just share them with everyone. Every order will still get printed cards.

#99 10 years ago

I may have to get one for my swap box . Nice work Aurich!

#100 10 years ago

Aurich, here is a tip from someone who has been through this twice.
Ask people to put their Pinside screen name in the Paypal notes section.
You would be surprised how many people send payment with almost no way to tell who it is from.
So far my second go around with this has gone much smoother because of it.
Good luck, I think the translite looks fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-new-original-translite-meet-helen/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.