(Topic ID: 17504)

AC/DC Mods

By captkirk

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_1851.JPG
    ACDC_2a.jpg_thumb.png
    ACDC_1a.jpg_thumb.png
    ACDC_FREE_PLAY_Let_there_be_Rock_PDF.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_0399[1].JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Any AC/DC mods out there yet?

#2 11 years ago

Any AC/DC apron cards yet?

#3 11 years ago

There was a "#1 Ranked Pin" lit up topper in the works but it was pulled from production a few days ago.

#4 11 years ago

A Cannon mod would be nice. Maybe Back Alley Creations could whip something up in the near future

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

There was a "#1 Ranked Pin" lit up topper in the works but it was pulled from production a few days ago.

Ya word was a bunch of trolls got together last week and devised a plan to pull it from production, the meeting was held in their Mom's basement with helpings of meatloaf.

#6 11 years ago

I reckon has access to a 3d printer could invent a realistic cannon where all the parts bolt into it - would look cool.

Some cards here

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8562.0

#7 11 years ago

I've got a shooter rod coming.

#9 11 years ago

The first thing I want is metal protectors for the ramps on my Pro.

#10 11 years ago

Someone should help Cliffy make some protectors for the lightning bolts... like a metal sheet on the back (cut to the same shape) to brace them. They break a lot.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Someone should help Cliffy make some protectors for the lightning bolts... like a metal sheet on the back (cut to the same shape) to brace them. They break a lot.

Stern has started putting metal protectors on the back of the lightning bolts. My game that was made end of March has them.

#12 11 years ago

I did

Pinball life topper
    Under Cab Lighting
    Powered Subwoofer

IMG_0399[1].JPGIMG_0399[1].JPG

#13 11 years ago

The only mod I know of is called the premium version.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I believe you can get metal backers from Stern as they are installed defacto now, at least on the LE versions I've seen.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

I believe you can get metal backers from Stern as they are installed defacto now, at least on the LE versions I've seen.

That's good man.. I wouldn't want them stealing any more of your ideas anyhow.

#16 11 years ago

I picked up 10 sets about a month ago from Stern. If you own any of the ACDC games you better order a couple sets of the lighting Volts! Over time those will break and we all know Stern, they'll quit making them!

#17 11 years ago

I reckon has access to a 3d printer could invent a realistic cannon where all the parts bolt into it - would look cool.
    Some cards here
    http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8562.0

here are some cards from Aussie pinball (not mine) but if need a better quality best jump on here and contact the members there.

ACDC_1a.jpg_thumb.pngACDC_1a.jpg_thumb.png ACDC_2a.jpg_thumb.pngACDC_2a.jpg_thumb.png

#18 11 years ago

I have an idea for a functional topper that I am considering. Posts to follow if I can make it work.

#19 11 years ago

Powered sub and cards on the premium and le. In the spirit of ac/dc, get drunk and play. It's got enough.

// Error: Image 29553 not found // // Error: Image 29554 not found //

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I have an idea for a functional topper that I am considering. Posts to follow if I can make it work.

Can't wait to see it. Still looking for a topper that floats my boat...

#21 11 years ago

They look great but the guatarist's head looks a little oversized ????

#22 11 years ago

Ill make new cards for the community tomorrow. High Rez with psd files.

#23 11 years ago

A shaker motor can easily be added to the Premium (the holes are already there for it to the left of the coin box, pre-drilled from the factory).

#24 11 years ago

Here is a video of my Backbox kit. It works the under cabinet lighting too!

http://www.youtube.com/CoinTakerLEDs?feature=mhee

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Here is a video of my Backbox kit. It works the under cabinet lighting too!
    http://www.youtube.com/CoinTakerLEDs?feature=mhee

Hey Chris,

Is the backbox kit tied into the flashers? Looks nice.

#26 11 years ago

How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?

John

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?

John

Did you ask Martin yet, John? I know you've worked with him on projects in the past.

#28 11 years ago

Here's my unfinished topper at the moment. Waiting on delivery to finish it (hopefully monday)

100_1851.JPG100_1851.JPG

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from playpin35:

Here's my unfinished topper at the moment. Waiting on delivery to finish it (hopefully monday)

Attachments 100_1851.JPG (299.7 KB, 0 downloads) 36 minutes old

Thats awesome! Where did you find the two cannons? Would love to do something like this.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

PT said:How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?
    John
    Did you ask Martin yet, John? I know you've worked with him on projects in the past.

Awesome! They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!

Thanks again to pinbits for always coming through with needed products. Now...about those ramp protectors...

John

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!

PT, do you have a link? I couldn't find them (or anything for AC/DC for that matter). Thanks...

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

PT said:They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!
    PT, do you have a link? I couldn't find them (or anything for AC/DC for that matter). Thanks...

They are hidden in the "new parts" area:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=51

John

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

A Cannon mod would be nice. Maybe Back Alley Creations could whip something up in the near future

+1.

I'm sure Matt would come up with a must-have mod for this production line shortcoming.

Hint, hint!

#35 11 years ago

Thanks John...!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.