AC/DC Mods

Started 1 year ago by captkirk in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

AC/DC Mods

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by captkirk
  • 25 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from VegasAlleycat

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Any AC/DC mods out there yet?

alimerick

Senior pinhead
    254,500 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Any AC/DC apron cards yet?

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

There was a "#1 Ranked Pin" lit up topper in the works but it was pulled from production a few days ago.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

A Cannon mod would be nice. Maybe Back Alley Creations could whip something up in the near future

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Cobray said:

There was a "#1 Ranked Pin" lit up topper in the works but it was pulled from production a few days ago.

Ya word was a bunch of trolls got together last week and devised a plan to pull it from production, the meeting was held in their Mom's basement with helpings of meatloaf.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I reckon has access to a 3d printer could invent a realistic cannon where all the parts bolt into it - would look cool.

Some cards here

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8562.0

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I've got a shooter rod coming.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

These AC/DC figures might make for good mods.

ebay.com link

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

The first thing I want is metal protectors for the ramps on my Pro.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Someone should help Cliffy make some protectors for the lightning bolts... like a metal sheet on the back (cut to the same shape) to brace them. They break a lot.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

Someone should help Cliffy make some protectors for the lightning bolts... like a metal sheet on the back (cut to the same shape) to brace them. They break a lot.

Stern has started putting metal protectors on the back of the lightning bolts. My game that was made end of March has them.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I did

Pinball life topper
    Under Cab Lighting
    Powered Subwoofer

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

The only mod I know of is called the premium version.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

I believe you can get metal backers from Stern as they are installed defacto now, at least on the LE versions I've seen.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Cliffy said:

I believe you can get metal backers from Stern as they are installed defacto now, at least on the LE versions I've seen.

That's good man.. I wouldn't want them stealing any more of your ideas anyhow.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I picked up 10 sets about a month ago from Stern. If you own any of the ACDC games you better order a couple sets of the lighting Volts! Over time those will break and we all know Stern, they'll quit making them!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I reckon has access to a 3d printer could invent a realistic cannon where all the parts bolt into it - would look cool.
    Some cards here
    http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8562.0

here are some cards from Aussie pinball (not mine) but if need a better quality best jump on here and contact the members there.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I have an idea for a functional topper that I am considering. Posts to follow if I can make it work.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Powered sub and cards on the premium and le. In the spirit of ac/dc, get drunk and play. It's got enough.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Nevus said:

I have an idea for a functional topper that I am considering. Posts to follow if I can make it work.

Can't wait to see it. Still looking for a topper that floats my boat...

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

They look great but the guatarist's head looks a little oversized ????

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Ill make new cards for the community tomorrow. High Rez with psd files.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

A shaker motor can easily be added to the Premium (the holes are already there for it to the left of the coin box, pre-drilled from the factory).

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Here is a video of my Backbox kit. It works the under cabinet lighting too!

http://www.youtube.com/CoinTakerLEDs?feature=mhee

TomGWI

Pinball guru
    6,603,200 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    CoinTaker said:

Here is a video of my Backbox kit. It works the under cabinet lighting too!
    http://www.youtube.com/CoinTakerLEDs?feature=mhee

Hey Chris,

Is the backbox kit tied into the flashers? Looks nice.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?

John

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    John_I said:

How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?

John

Did you ask Martin yet, John? I know you've worked with him on projects in the past.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Here's my unfinished topper at the moment. Waiting on delivery to finish it (hopefully monday)

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    playpin35 said:

Here's my unfinished topper at the moment. Waiting on delivery to finish it (hopefully monday)

Attachments 100_1851.JPG (299.7 KB, 0 downloads) 36 minutes old

Thats awesome! Where did you find the two cannons? Would love to do something like this.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Off of ebay

ebay.com link

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    Cliffy said:

PT said:How about plastic protectors? Anyone making them yet?
    John
    Did you ask Martin yet, John? I know you've worked with him on projects in the past.

Awesome! They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!

Thanks again to pinbits for always coming through with needed products. Now...about those ramp protectors...

John

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    John_I said:

They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!

PT, do you have a link? I couldn't find them (or anything for AC/DC for that matter). Thanks...

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    VegasAlleycat said:

PT said:They just came into stock at pinbits. I bought two sets one for my BiB and one for a friend's BiB!
    PT, do you have a link? I couldn't find them (or anything for AC/DC for that matter). Thanks...

They are hidden in the "new parts" area:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=51

John

NM

Pinball master
    1,941,550 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    shock_me said:

A Cannon mod would be nice. Maybe Back Alley Creations could whip something up in the near future

+1.

I'm sure Matt would come up with a must-have mod for this production line shortcoming.

Hint, hint!

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Thanks John...!

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple