Image.jpg
Image_1.jpg
Image_5.jpg
Image_7.jpg
Image_4.jpg
Image_3.jpg
Image_2.jpg
Image_6.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

As many of you know, ACDC Premium and LE models made an appearance at last weekend's Texas Pinball Festival. I was lucky enough to snag ACDC LE #2! I know there are already a lot of pics out there of the LEs, but thought I'd share a few more anyway.

Had a blast at TPF! Hope you guys that played the machine enjoyed it as much as I do!!

-Craig

Image_6.jpgImage_6.jpg Image_2.jpgImage_2.jpg Image_3.jpgImage_3.jpg Image_4.jpgImage_4.jpg Image_7.jpgImage_7.jpg Image_5.jpgImage_5.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Congrats! Hope you enjoy.

#3 12 years ago

Awesome and congrats!!!

LTBR is the version that I would have ordered if I had bought one.

#4 12 years ago

Awesome, simply awesome.

#5 12 years ago

Congrats, that was nice to do. Did you have it purchased already and they asked if you would display it there or did you buy it there?

#6 12 years ago

Righteous. Signed and shaking hands with the man himself. Congrats on a badass pin and kudos for sharing it with everyone. Your now excused for a little "me time".

#7 12 years ago

wow #2 thats super cool congrats man!

#8 12 years ago

Well played. How did u snag it? Classy of SR to be so approachable. Congrats.

Video would be appretiated.

#9 12 years ago

I like the LTBR color scheme much better than BIB,,congrats!!

#10 12 years ago

Awesome Craig ! That was really cool of you to let the public play your game ! I guess that is what it takes to get a ultra low number ,good for you.

Jim

#11 12 years ago

Thanks everyone. The low number was definitely a surprise. There were 2 BIB machines at TPF, number 2 and 3. Two LTBR machines numbered 2 and 3. Marco had a Premium with a sign saying it was number 1, but no plaque (they aren't "numbered").

I love the LTBR color scheme and prefer it (YES I am biased), but the BIB machines looked great too!

Steve was very approachable and I spoke to him many times during the event. Great guy and super excited about this game.

-Craig

#12 12 years ago

Beautiful Pin bro,, 1 Question.. In the Audit's , How many Games was played in the 3-day Period ?

Total Games played on Yr pin ? Just wondering ..

#13 12 years ago

Love this machine lit up!

#14 12 years ago

Rad, get to play this edition much last weekend BR?

#15 12 years ago

Sweet #2 is a nice score

enjoy your beautiful new game

#16 12 years ago

Beautiful Pin bro,, 1 Question.. In the Audit's , How many Games was played in the 3-day Period ?

505. Strangly, the cashbox was empty.

A few more pics...

-Craig

Image_1.jpgImage_1.jpg Image.jpgImage.jpg Image_8.jpgImage_8.jpg

#17 12 years ago

Looks amazing! Congrats!! Enjoy!

#18 12 years ago

Looks great, how are you enjoying it so far??

#19 12 years ago

Damn. Your making me want one. The grand champ is only 78M? Are the outlanes wide open? Close them down for better gameplay.

My Pro high score is 150M. I could of won the tourney!

#20 12 years ago

What is on the corners In the first pic? Protectors?

#21 12 years ago

100x better than the pro. congrats and #2 is pretty cool.

wow, is that a black spider man on the right?... damn!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Are the outlanes wide open? Close them down for better gameplay.

Can someone explain that to me ? Thanks

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

What is on the corners In the first pic? Protectors?

Yes, straight from the factory! We were marveling at the simplicity and anticipated effectiveness of the solution. Basically the metal piece ensures the leg edges do not touch the cab. In addition, the decals are cut back away from the legs!

Great that Stern addressed the problem.

-Craig

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Damn. Your making me want one. The grand champ is only 78M? Are the outlanes wide open? Close them down for better gameplay.
My Pro high score is 150M. I could of won the tourney!

Was setup for tournament play. Open outlanes, no extra balls, no ballsaver, etc... Super-hard.

-Craig

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Av8 said:Are the outlanes wide open? Close them down for better gameplay.
Can someone explain that to me ? Thanks

The adjustable post on the outlanes was set to the most "open" position, thus making it more likely to get outlanes drains. Closing it down means moving the post to make the outlane entrance more narrow.

Thus easier to keep the ball in play.

-Craig

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Yes, straight from the factory! We were marveling at the simplicity and anticipated effectiveness of the solution. Basically the metal piece ensures the leg edges do not touch the cab. In addition, the decals are cut back away from the legs!

Great that Stern addressed the problem.

That is pretty cool! Guess I'll save the felt pads I bought for another pin...!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

A few more pics...
-Craig

Attachments Image_8.jpg (117.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old Image.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old Image_1.jpg (127.9 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

Did someone switch your plate? It looks like you have 102 in the picture at home!!!!!

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

PinCrush said:Beautiful Pin bro,, 1 Question.. In the Audit's , How many Games was played in the 3-day Period ?
A few more pics...
-Craig
Attachments Image_8.jpg (117.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old Image.jpg (115.7 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old Image_1.jpg (127.9 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old
Did someone switch your plate? It looks like you have 102 in the picture at home!!!!!

Haha! Nope, just the lighting I suppose.

#29 12 years ago

Congrats!

How fast does it play??

#30 12 years ago

That looks great, probably a fun ass pin!

I just noticed one of the modes in the middle, lol. "Super Lanes".... seriously?

#31 12 years ago

I wonder if Premium has leg protectors. now is a good time to put a strip of mylar on the shooter lane. This will make it stay like new.

#32 12 years ago

Did you get goodie bag? I mounted the little guitar and bell on the left ramp.

Did u sleep last night? No I didnt think so. Give us a review when you take a break.

Heres my Pro high score. 5 ball. Fun and fast as hell. Thanks Steve, Lyman, and the sound guy.

2012-03-01_23.46.32.jpg2012-03-01_23.46.32.jpg 2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg2012-03-04_20.38.03.jpg 2012-03-19_18.35.50.jpg2012-03-19_18.35.50.jpg

#33 12 years ago

With all these different AC/DC combos it is going to be hard to choose one. I only just found out that the LED' in the Premium cannot be changed so you better like LED's!

I need to play a PRO and Premium side by side to make an opinion.

AV8 do you think this pin will have longer term staying power??

#34 12 years ago

you lucky you!!
congrats!!

show some gameplay videos

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Congrats!
How fast does it play??

Extremely fast. I've spent quite some time on the Pro and now the LE. Both are fast, fast, fast and tons of fun. Pro is a little more chaotic around the middle as the stand-ups knock the ball around quicker than the drops do, but both are very hard to control. Expect missed shots to drain on both.

The LE has the swinging bell... wow... my favorite feature. Worth the price of admission alone. Just the perfect ACDC toy that does crazy fast things with the ball. Very satisfying to hit, even though you know you should avoid the high-risk shot.

Lower playfield is awesome. I was concerned it might be boring with few shots, but the loops are really tight and the targets are no gimme's either. Getting the ball looping around the the playfield is lots of fun - and fast.

The lighting effects are amazing even in this early version of the software. The GI can be all red all blue or all white (or combos). The effect is stunning although sparingly used at this point. LEDs look great. No flicker, no ghosting. The train and rocking band just add to the overall package and fill out the space nicely.

-Craig

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Did u sleep last night? No I didnt think so. Give us a review when you take a break.
Heres my Pro high score. 5 ball. Fun and fast as hell. Thanks Steve, Lyman, and the sound guy.

5 ball, thats cheating David

#37 12 years ago

I aspect I will have mine set on 5-ball also.. As Always , till I get used to it..

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Closing it down means moving the post to make the outlane entrance more narrow.

Can someone who is bored take a pic of said posts and explain how to move them. Is this easy? I know nothing!

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Goodie bag looks the same although I haven't gone through mine yet. I actually did sleep last night, but only because I got no sleep during the pinball festival. Getting too old to stay up till 3 in the morning. lol..

I'm a 3 ball guy, but I do set replay to extra ball, so you get another on a good game. I broke $100M last night, but not by much. At this point, I'm just pressing the start button and playing whatever random song comes up. I love that its random (or seemingly so), so I can just hit start and launch into a new mode. Still learning and exploring. Love this part of ownership.

-Craig

#40 12 years ago

Congrats on the purchase, that's a sweet looking machine.
I have had my eye on this machine since it was released.
Would love to get a review on this from a non-owner.
It looks awesome, but once you shell out in excess of $5,000 you become a little biased towards your purchase.

Really want to know if the Premium is worth the extra $1,850

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Congrats on the purchase, that's a sweet looking machine.
I have had my eye on this machine since it was released.
Would love to get a review on this from a non-owner.
It looks awesome, but once you shell out in excess of $5,000 you become a little biased towards your purchase.
Really want to know if the Premium is worth the extra $1,850

A little?? I'm a lot biased. Don't look to me for critical reviews at this point.

FWIW, this is the first Stern I've been interested in since FGY.

-Craig

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Can someone who is bored take a pic of said posts and explain how to move them. Is this easy? I know nothing!

I can take a pic tonight...but basically if you look at the outlanes the two top posts are adjustable. In the sterns you will see 3 holes you just remove the post and put it back in the closer notch. In bally/willaims its more like a big channel but again same thing applies. Should be just be a screw & nut.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

if you look at the outlanes the two top posts are adjustable. In the sterns you will see 3 holes you just remove the post and put it back in the closer notch.

Thats starting to make sense. I had no idea there were extra holes. Thanks : )

#44 12 years ago

It is tough to remove outlane posts but worth it. They have a nut and are threaded into the wood. Can only turn wrench a quarter turn at a time under cannon. Wide open is too extreme. Its like post arent even there.

Staying power? Yes, Like the band it self! Like GNR. Its an adrenaline rush players machine. Homerun. I play 10 games in a row and dont get bored. Im going to play it now.

Factory settings need adjusting also. They are set to Hard on most everything. I want it to be hard but not so hard I never see the main features. I just did 1.4 update which reset me.
1. Adjust Rudeness level to High
2. Adust ball save to 10-15 sec. Nothing worse then never touching the ball and loosing it.
3. Adjust Voice Level. Seems too low in factory settings.
4. I changed Tour Multiball loops from 8 to 6.
5. Adjust Song requests to change song. As you like. Im at 6.

Again Mylar your shooter lane now. Cheap insurance. Mine looks factory new still.

#45 12 years ago

Hate second guessing myself, probably should have jumped on one of these when I had the chance.

#46 12 years ago

Looks awesome, congrats to those who rocked and bought it....i salute you!

and hopefully get to play a game or two on yours.

#47 12 years ago

Wow, you have a great collection. I would love to have those pins. It looks great next to the SM Black. I noticed your picture on the shelf, did you order a WOZ? Is that showing the location for WOZ?

#48 12 years ago

Looks beautiful, congrats!

Did anyone ask them about "the face" and why they changed it on the LE version? I think it still says "Angus Face lower playfield" on their website even.

#49 12 years ago

Its the underworld Highway to Hell. Dont think it was intended to be Angus.

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Wow, you have a great collection. I would love to have those pins. It looks great not to the SM Black. I noticed your picture on the shelf, did you order a WOZ? Is that showing the location for WOZ?

Thanks, and YES!! That is the placeholder for WOZ #19!! I'm very excited and grateful to the JJP team for the positive impact they've already had on pinball. Great times.

-Craig

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-ltbr-in-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.