(Topic ID: 14625)

AC/DC LE VIDEO REVIEW (MUST SEE & KNOW)!!!

By pinmike

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

laughing.gif
    laughing.gif
    3ol3y2.jpg
    OH_NOoo_!!!!.jpg
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 12 years ago

Doesn't really matter to me either way as I didn't care for the pin. Everyone has different likes/dislikes.

Wanna Explain Why you didn't like the AC/DC Pin ? Do you Like the Group ? Are you Over 65 ?

Or on a Funny note : Maybe living in a Town called Bethlehem , You Don't wanna play a pin that

takes you to " Hell " ..... ,,,,,,,, laughing.giflaughing.gif

#53 12 years ago

Dang! Sorry I missed it. I really wanted to see the review...

#54 12 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Dang! Sorry I missed it. I really wanted to see the review.

The video that I put up can still be view on the PinballNinja Site and there's way more detail on AC/DC pin,It's worth joining the site...

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

:jackal2001 said:.
    :I plastic diverter should have been mounted to prevent the ball from getting hung up on the top then. I mentioned this to gomez, he said he would look into it, nothing happened.

Dude, didn't you know that ball searches are the future of pinball! Without them how could we drink our beer or scratch our nads in the middle of a game. Ingenious! :lol

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #58 12 years ago

Wow, the video and review were honest and well made. As someone who has sent in his money and is awaiting the delivery of a BIBLE I must honestly say that I'm having second thoughts about ordering one! Damn, I wish that I had ordered TWO!!!!

There will be haters and lovers of this title. That's fine. If anyone gets out my way and wants to play, you're more than welcome to stop by the house (there will be two BIBLE's on my street--ya, we're either real smart or real dumb) to play and then offer your opinion.

Randy

Post edited by WNflyer : Poor use of smiley face.

#59 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

The point is it all could have been avoided. The fact that the lexan is glued in is not a issue. They could have masked it off and not cleared it! That way no chance of reaction adhesion issues. Also would have made it possible to change it out like a insert with heat.

It sounds like you have a clue about clear coating, but you obviously don't know much about Lexan. Do your homework and you'll find the clear is not only acceptable, but preferable. Steve Ritchie is very specific about the materials used in his games. He doesn't just draw pictures and let others figure out the rest. If you think clearing over the Lexan wasn't his call, you're wrong.

hint: Lexan is a brand name for polycarbonate.

#60 12 years ago

Like the Big Man told me today, " Everyone thinks they Know More than me , Let them Design & Build their Own Pin " ....

#61 12 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

AkumaZeto said:The point is it all could have been avoided. The fact that the lexan is glued in is not a issue. They could have masked it off and not cleared it! That way no chance of reaction adhesion issues. Also would have made it possible to change it out like a insert with heat.
    It sounds like you have a clue about clear coating, but you obviously don't know much about Lexan. Do your homework and you'll find the clear is not only acceptable, but preferable. Steve Ritchie is very specific about the materials used in his games. He doesn't just draw pictures and let others figure out the rest. If you think clearing over the Lexan wasn't his call, you're wrong.
    hint: Lexan is a brand name for polycarbonate.

Proper prep still has to be done. Its no different than clearing headlights. It still does not rule out even the smallest chance that it will pop when flexed. We all know how stern pf's twist like nobody's business. To say they dont is well just a lie.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Like the Big Man told me today, " Everyone thinks they Know More than me , Let them Design & Build their Own Pin " ....

They are. Pinball is alive more than ever.

Anyway game plays aces and it is fun. Good luck and

Happy flipping.

#62 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

They are. Pinball is alive more than ever.

Not ever . It does seem much stronger than 5 years ago !

Jim

#63 12 years ago

Not really impressed with it so far...after maybe 25-30 plays. Mini playfield is pretty lame IMO. Like the bell though.

#64 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

LOL,,,,,,, Trent had Him Kill it !!!!!! I knew it ...

Trent didn't have him take it down.

Trent posted the following on RGP:

"Just for the record. I did not ask Clay to take the video down. Clay
    intended it to be only for Pinball Ninja members and it got out. That
    is why he took it down.

Trent"

#65 12 years ago

In this video there was a rubber mod at the bell entrance post. I heard, SR recommends this mod? Why isn't it in there from factory? Are owners here that put this mod already in? Which is the right rubber size to put it there? Do I need an other post there? I want to make mine ready from the start when it arives^^

#66 12 years ago

I'm aware of he mod but didn't install it. Increasing the incline to 7 degrees seems to work for me.

-Craig

#67 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Increasing the incline to 7 degrees seems to work for me.

Very good point.

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

BLACK_ROSE said:LOL,,,,,,, Trent had Him Kill it !!!!!! I knew it ...
    Trent didn't have him take it down.
    Trent posted the following on RGP:
    "Just for the record. I did not ask Clay to take the video down. Clay
    intended it to be only for Pinball Ninja members and it got out. That
    is why he took it down.
    Trent"

How do you become a Pinball Ninja member? I went to the website and it just asks for a username and password.

#69 12 years ago
    Quoted from gseador:

How do you become a Pinball Ninja member? I went to the website and it just asks for a username and password.

I was wondering the same thing. What's up with that?

#70 12 years ago

You have to donate to Clay. Paypal works, send him an email for details. The site is great, and he even does videos of his repairs too..

#71 12 years ago

Gotta pay.

#72 12 years ago

I have a concern years down the line, after glue and temp changes settle. That large window could raise or sink causing clearcoat edge cracking. My opinion as a LE buyer :-/

I asked Steve about the window at the TX show as to why he didn't want it removable and his response was " I don't like the ball to go click, click over an edge, I want it smooth" It was his choice and design.

I still think a window like CFTBL would have been better and honestly that's what I thought it would have in design. Oh well.

#73 12 years ago
    Quoted from gseador:

Quoted from PinB:

I was wondering the same thing. What's up with that?

Donations can be made at www.pinrepair.com or [email protected]
    To get your username and password

#74 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I have a concern years down the line, after glue and temp changes settle. That large window could raise or sink causing clearcoat edge cracking.

Assuming the window is indeed polycarbonate, you definitely want the clearcoat. Novus doesn't work on polycarbonate. Without clearcoat, the inevitable light scratches will eventually build up and the window will become cloudy. Try cleaning an old upper playfield on a WPT if you don't believe me. You can't polish them clear.

I think the clearcoat will protect the window for thousands of plays. If it ever does start to have problems, removing the clear over the window and installing mylar in it's place would probably be the best solution. That shouldn't be needed for years, if ever, on a home game. You guys worry too much.

I didn't see the video. Did Clay suggest the window shouldn't have been cleared? If yes, I respectfully disagree. Polycarbonate is very strong, but it accumulates small scratches that Novus won't remove.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-le-video-review-must-see/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.