AC/DC is Down ( FIXED ) !!! B_R

Started 1 year ago by BLACK_ROSE in forum TechTech: Generic.


Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

AC/DC is Down ( FIXED ) !!! B_R


Topic summary

  • Started 1 year ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • 33 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from BLACK_ROSE

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Only 45 Games Played and the Rt-Mini Flip thru a rubber .. lOOk's like it's Gonna be a Tough Job to get the Lower P/F drop'd ( NOT ) .. Un-Plug 4 wires and take out 4 or 5 screw's and it should drop.. The Banker slung the Rubber then shot the ball into the middle of it..

    I'm NOT downing this Pin @ All , but has anyone else Here had any problem's ?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Not in person, but I did read about this happening to someone else.

    Dropping the mini is very easy though. 4 screws and some connectors and it's down. You shouldn't have to cut anything.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I still can't believe you sold TZ!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    That's why they call it "Hell" I guess.

    Sorry to hear about that.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Doh!!!!!!!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    The haters of the pin will probably be chimmin in "doggin" Stern and the AC/DC pin. No worries B_R you'll get fixed up!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    Only 45 Games Played and the Rt-Mini Flip thru a rubber .. lOOk's like it's Gonna be a Tough Job to get the Lower P/F drop'd .. Un-Plug 4 wires and cut some wire Tie's , 4 or 5 screw's and it should drop.. The Banker slung the Rubber then shot the ball into the middle of it.

    Didn't you have to drop the mini to put a ball in there?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I doubt it. A rubber falling off a flipper is a pretty weak excuse to dog a pin, even for the haters.

    Jeff_PHX_AZ said:

    The haters of the pin will probably be chimmin in "doggin" Stern and the AC/DC pin.

    That's what I thought. I thought the game shipped with no ball in the mini.

    GoBlue said:

    Didn't you have to drop the mini to put a ball in there?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Factory red rubber has been SHIT for the last few games. Really elasticy and junky. Mine lasted on TF for 100 games before they snapped. Pretty common failure lately.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Crazy how the ball went right into the rubber like that.....that's some good target flippin'!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Pretty awesome how the ball and rubber ended up though!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Hidden skill shot??


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Change them to black while you have it down. Improves shooting accuracy. For me, at least. I have super bouncy yellow on my BSD to keep it difficult.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Clean flipper with alcohol.

    Spray with hair spray and replace rubber - should stick until you peel it off.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jalpert said:

    Not in person, but I did read about this happening to someone else.
    Dropping the mini is very easy though. 4 screws and some connectors and it's down. You shouldn't have to cut anything.

    We'll see ,, I'll get on it 2-nite , Gotta lot of Mowing to do after Supper ... ( Pict's- will be Posted )


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    Only 45 Games Played and the Rt-Mini Flip thru a rubber .. lOOk's like it's Gonna be a Tough Job to get the Lower P/F drop'd .. Un-Plug 4 wires and cut some wire Tie's , 4 or 5 screw's and it should drop.. The Banker slung the Rubber then shot the ball into the middle of it..
    I'm NOT downing this Pin @ All , but has anyone else Here had any problem's ?

    I've seen four out of the box. There were a few issues, but all the usual stuff that comes with a NIB pinball.

    Probably the worst was the opto on the bell went out on a Premium after a few days of play, and we had a tournament that Saturday! It was noticed on Monday and the replacement arrived Wednesday or Thursday. We could have still done the tournament without the bell, but it's a very cool toy.

    Also, according to our tech, it was a different kind of opto (I'm not a tech so don't ask me for specifics), so we couldn't just yank one from another Stern.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I had the same problem. Here is what to do

    There are 4 or 5 screws connected to a Z bracket. Unscrew.

    There are 2 sets of wire towards the front of the machine = unplug them from the board.

    Pull the mini field down and get the ball and reinstall the rubber. Need small hands but it can be done fairly easily.

    Reinstall the screws.

    There are three screws marked with an X on the bottom of the field for the kicker. Remove the screws and the kicker -- reinstall the ball, rescrew.

    I have no skills and it took me 10 minutes. No big deal.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    vid1900 said:

    Clean flipper with alcohol.
    Spray with hair spray and replace rubber - should stick until you peel it off.

    While your at it B_R check the other flipper while your in there to make sure that one is on good. The hairspray trick may work. I did the hairspray thing on my dirt bikes and ATV when i installed new handle bar grips years ago.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    kapper said:

    I had the same problem. Here is what to do
    There are 4 or 5 screws connected to a Z bracket. Unscrew.
    There are 2 sets of wire towards the front of the machine = unplug them from the board.
    Pull the mini field down and get the ball and reinstall the rubber. Need small hands but it can be done fairly easily.
    Reinstall the screws.
    There are three screws marked with an X on the bottom of the field for the kicker. Remove the screws and the kicker -- reinstall the ball, rescrew.
    I have no skills and it took me 10 minutes. No big deal.

    10 minutes huh ,,,, Thanxx for the Info Kapper !! I didn't figure it would be too Tough ..

    Jeff_PHX_AZ said:

    While your at it B_R check the other flipper while your in there to make sure that one is on good. The hairspray trick may work. I did the hairspray thing on my dirt bikes and ATV when i installed new handle bar grips years ago

    Hairspray , Sound's Good !! Gracious Senoir !!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    My flipper rubber on my main flippers is getting changed to black this weekend . The original red are about done @ 500 plays

    Jim


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Red rubber all the way. Keep it nice and bouncy.

    McCune said:

    My flipper rubber on my main flippers is getting changed to black this weekend . The original red are about done @ 500 plays

    Jim


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Does messing with your machine while under warranty void it?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jonnyo said:

    BLACK_ROSE said:Only 45 Games Played and the Rt-Mini Flip thru a rubber .. lOOk's like it's Gonna be a Tough Job to get the Lower P/F drop'd .. Un-Plug 4 wires and cut some wire Tie's , 4 or 5 screw's and it should drop.. The Banker slung the Rubber then shot the ball into the middle of it..
    I'm NOT downing this Pin @ All , but has anyone else Here had any problem's ?

    I've seen four out of the box. There were a few issues, but all the usual stuff that comes with a NIB pinball.
    Probably the worst was the opto on the bell went out on a Premium after a few days of play, and we had a tournament that Saturday! It was noticed on Monday and the replacement arrived Wednesday or Thursday. We could have still done the tournament without the bell, but it's a very cool toy.
    Also, according to our tech, it was a different kind of opto (I'm not a tech so don't ask me for specifics), so we couldn't just yank one from another Stern.

    Its the Same Opto thats on the Mick On a Stick on RS.. Infact I think there is 8 optos on that mick on a stick total that are the same.. all under the playfield


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Rick471 said:

    Does messing with your machine while under warranty void it?

    absolutely not. Pinball machines require maintenance. This is standard stuff. And I'm pretty sure any warranties are parts only which leaves you to do the work.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Rick471 said:

    Does messing with your machine while under warranty void it?

    Not this kind of maintenance.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Hey BR, I'm back from Vegas. I am bringing beer and a screwdriver. Let's get that thang rocking again. I wanna play it!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    That's pretty cool regardless of the game. It must have popped off on a flip in contact with the ball and wrapped around it.

    Dan


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    shanetastic said:

    Hey BR, I'm back from Vegas. I am bringing beer and a screwdriver. Let's get that thang rocking again. I wanna play it!

    I'm Wait-n On Ya !!!! I have the hair-spray & beer ......


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Glad to see its an easy fix. After mowing having a beer and playing pinball sounds grande.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I had 3 or 4 guy's over last-nite to play AC/DC , I had the 100w Sub-woffer Hooked up , and the Pin was Cranked up too, We played for 2 hr's i guess.. After everyone left , i asked my wife if she heard the pin ,,She said " I bet the Neighbor's heard it "" .. Thing's rattle in the GRG w/ that extra Bass Sub.. But man, It sound's so good. Like The Banker said 2-day ,, Sound's like yr Live @ the Concert !!!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    DUDE... that rocks... my hope for you is that this is the worst thing that happens to it...
    stay frosty bro.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    We'll see ,, I'll get on it 2-nite , Gotta lot of Mowing to do after Supper ... ( Pict's- will be Posted )

    Just get it back in playing shape! No pictures of lawnmowing needed!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Hey, while yer waitin', upload the other vids from last night.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    nice shot!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Shanetastic drop-d by , We Drop'd the Lower P/F ,, with 2 Ppl , ( Easier ) Did what i needed to do . If this is the Only Prob- i have w/ AC/DC i'm In Good Shape !! Also , I cleaned the under-side of the lexan ,, It had Overspray or something on it,, Made a Difference 4-Sure .. Rock On !!!

    All my Pict's lOOk HaZZy , Dull .. Gotta Figure this Camera out or Buy me another !!!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Awesome. Mini pf unit looks cool.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Lower playfield looks pretty cool taken apart. Rock on...!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Fast! Great job. Back to playing.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I really hope you changed both while you had it out....


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Back to the good stuff.

    Glad it was easy and you had a helper.

    "Have a drink on me" and get to rockin


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    B_R I'm guessin you went to Hooters for supper....


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    BLACK_ROSE said:

    I'm Wait-n On Ya !!!! I have the hair-spray & beer ......

    Best... Line... Ever.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pinwillie said:

    B_R I'm guessin you went to Hooters for supper....

    Only when the Wife is out of Town ,, but I had Meatloaf , tater's, Green beans and Bread ,,

    treborlicec said:

    Hey, while yer waitin', upload the other vids from last night.

    I wasn't Gonna , but OK !! Last-nite ,, If you can hear it.. Bass Kill's it !! It's 1:34 am , S,tastic is Play-n AC some by himself , Break Tyme ... You guy's have a Great Week-end !! B_R

    » YouTube video


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I think we all need to take up a collection to buy B_R a Tripod.....


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    How about a kickstand for his wooden leg. Yaargh!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    VegasAlleycat said:

    Lower playfield looks pretty cool taken apart. Rock on...!

    I was thinking the same thing. Pretty impressed at how easy it is to remove. S'tastics arms bulging makes it look heavy though.


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,596,200 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Kind of funny how the ball perfectly got surrounded by the rubber.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I will donate money for a tripod for BR. While the guy is a hoot. I can't take watching his videos. Its worse than a roller coaster ride and he makes me have motion sickness. That Video was 21 minutes too long. Sorry BR:(.


    1 year, 9 months ago
    #

    Looks pretty easy to remove the lower PF but what about the fuse wiring and so on? there seems to be a ton of wires.


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,596,200 2
    1 year, 9 months ago
    #
    Gorgar1 said:

    Looks pretty easy to remove the lower PF but what about the fuse wiring and so on? there seems to be a ton of wires.

    4 screws and playfield comes off. My rubber has come off twice now.

    Wondering if BR is missing ACDC?



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple