(Topic ID: 65217)

A JJP game before Hobbit. (Answer from Jack first post of page 4)

By MustangPaul

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 384 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Denver_Broncos.png
    sm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    bIIZx.jpg
    4XNcl.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN1861.JPG
    th-5.jpeg
    image.jpg
    bursting-bubble3.jpg
    th_5-Star.jpg
    Woznumber.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 10 years ago

I little birdie told me he was coming out with a non-licensed game before Hobbit. Could this be true? Or did that birdie speak with forked bill?

Post edited by absocountry2 : Title edited

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I little birdie told me he was coming out with a non-licensed game before Hobbit. Could this be true? Or did that birdie speak with forked bill?

They have many months of WOZ to still manufacture so I don't see how it could be true.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

No comment.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

They have many months of WOZ to still manufacture so I don't see how it could be true.

Yeah and if true that means Hobbit buyers would likely not see their pin for near two years. I highly doubt they would release another title before Hobbit.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I little birdie told me he was coming out with a non-licensed game before Hobbit. Could this be true?

Its true... SEND MONEY NOW!

#6 10 years ago

everyone with money tied up in hobbit would scream bloody murder if something else came out before then.

#7 10 years ago

No comment = "I NEED attention...please PM me."

#8 10 years ago

I wish they would do MM or AFM remakes.

#9 10 years ago

oh and it will have a smaller lcd screen too.

#10 10 years ago

Not necessarily true Dude. They have been in 'Beta' mode for the last three plus years, from staff to suppliers, to work force. From an idea amongst friends over a cup of coffee, to a first class pinball company. Most of those problems appear to be handled & machines are starting to get produced at faster pace.
    It would not surprise me to see an unlicensed title be announced. We'll just have to wait & see. I hope they do it!

#11 10 years ago

I ordered my WoZ in Feb of 2012. There is no way I am gettig it this year right? If they do this, would that mean my WoZ would be 2015 ?

#12 10 years ago

It is true; Iron Maiden.

#13 10 years ago

A release between WOZ and Hobbit would make my head instantly explode. They wouldn't want that. . .but I would

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

No comment = "I NEED attention...please PM me."

No it means before someone emails me I can't comment.

But in other words. GFY.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

But in other words. GFY.

Hey-O!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

So they are taking our money for The Hobbit and are making another game first; wow that is just MESSED UP

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

It would be easy for you to say : "We're getting woz's done and it's full steam ahead on hobbit".

#18 10 years ago

and it will be a less expensive game too.

#19 10 years ago

Yeah very discouraging news indeed; they should be focusing on Hobbit and nothing else if that is the game they are taking money for

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

But in other words. GFY.

Gold fish yellow?
    Great fun yesterday?
    Good for you?
    Grandpa farts, yuck?

#21 10 years ago

My take on this (with a WOZ and Hobbit LE order outstanding) is that I don't care what Jack makes as long as the orders are not delayed. Hobbit is not coming out until December 2014 now with the movie. That was confirmed by Jack. If he can get the WOZ's out and has some time before he can launch the Hobbit's, then more power to him.

I am curious about the title and guess it would be a remake rather than start all over on something. I think we all knew that he would be moving to at least one new pin a year at some time soon.

Just please don't delay my Hobbit past early 2015.

#22 10 years ago

It would be freaking nuts if they had a tweener - it would also tickle me to death. It would be the most awesome move in manufacturer competition I've ever seen. Just can't imagine it unless it was pulled off by an incredibly well financed and savvy business.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

and it will be a less expensive game too.

You mean for JJP, not the buyer. Right? Lol

#24 10 years ago

#25 10 years ago

I am going predict an MM rerun for Planetary Pinball and Wayne (now the JJP Aus distributor).

Jack will do the assembly after WOZ machines are distributed by next spring.

I think it's a contract job.

#26 10 years ago

What is the required legally for JJP to do an old Williams/Bally title? They only own the rights to the parts correct?

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I am going predict an MM rerun for Planetary Pinball and Wayne (now the JJP Aus distributor).

Likely, but that is not "a JJP game".

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well I was quite surprised to hear that Angry Birds is the third JJP game.

South Park presents... Angry Turds, starring Mr. Hankey..."Howdy Ho !!"

#29 10 years ago

My head just exploded

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

My head just exploded

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Design and code is done. Just assembly. Planetary and Wayne would stock them.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

But in other words. GFY.

You're the biggest JJP Drama Queen on the planet. Why should we expect anything less? Also, didn't you used to have a different name...like Alex Levy?

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

But in other words. GFY.

This is why we can't have nice things

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

This is why we can't have nice things

post of the month. bravo sir!

#34 10 years ago

If they made T-800's Wrath of Olympus machine I would be on it in a heartbeat. Doesn't seem like it's be that expensive to make, and it looks awesome. would do well on location I bet.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from statsdoc:

My take on this (with a WOZ and Hobbit LE order outstanding) is that I don't care what Jack makes as long as the orders are not delayed. Hobbit is not coming out until December 2014 now with the movie. That was confirmed by Jack.

We have a winner.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer :

#36 10 years ago

He's making a Honey Bagder pin! GEAUX Tigers!

#37 10 years ago

Pinball Circus???

Scott
    Detroit Pinball

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #39 10 years ago

It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Design and code is done. Just assembly. Planetary and Wayne would stock them.

Actually, they'd have to remake many parts. But possible. And they have the space to set up another assembly line. A MM remake from JJP would be really nice! Esp. with the slick cabinets. And I can see it not delaying the Hobbit.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

You mean for JJP, not the buyer. Right? Lol

for the buyer, it will have less features, more like an older style pin but with smaller lcd then WOZ. IMO what Stern should be doing.

#41 10 years ago

Exactly why my head exploded.

#42 10 years ago

You guys are big dreamers; can't take that away from you.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Exactly why my head exploded. I have been VERY reluctant to maintain the payment schedule for my Hobbits BECAUSE I cannot comprehend what the employees are going to do between WOZ and TH - it's scares me that the assembly crew is either getting paid for nothing or all laid off and a semi-new crew need be hired when TH starts. Ultimately I just laid my trust down and bit the bullet. If there is an interim game, I'm going to be very happy because JJP really seems to need something between for the business-sake. If true, then everything is falling into place and I feel so much better about my hobbit payments. JJP *needs* an interim game for financial reasons (from my view). If they have one, my head has just exploded.

Keep the faith.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hahahahaha! I love it!

I feel like there have been a few threads lately that could be summarized by this:

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/3ACV20/10.mp3

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I really think JJPs 2nd game is TH. If not, my head will explode.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

No, I'm just letting those that are not familiar with you know that you're totally full of...

Classy. I'm sure the mods will think so as well.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

No, I'm just letting those that are not familiar with you know that you're totally full of...

Very disgusting - please edit out the picture

#49 10 years ago

very poor taste, disgusting and disturbing. wish i never saw that...

#50 10 years ago

and a 400 run of Wizard Blocks,Here's for hoping!

There are 384 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-jjp-game-before-hobbit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.