A few Dredd questions

Started 1 year ago by ReWrite in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

A few Dredd questions

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by ReWrite
  • 5 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from viperrwk

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Okay, bought a Dredd that needs to be worked on. Missing some parts, and wasn't 100% tested before I got it.

First off, I've set the attract to have sounds, but I have none. Sound test menu plays everything with no issue. Not sure what's up there. Is the music in another test menu or something?

Secondly, I need all the flipper assemblies on the playfield. I've sourced (but not yet purchased) all but the upper left flipper assembly, the manual has it as part #A-16976-L. Anyone know where to find this one? It's only used on this and Popeye's lower playfield from my understanding, no other machines.

Thirdly, I was wondering if there is a place that sells the translite as I've found one, but it's pretty pricey. What should I be expecting to pay for this anyhow?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I have never had attract sounds either. Maybe someone else here can shed some light on the issue. As far as a translite, good luck. I have been looking for awhile. I havent even been able to find a "pretty pricey" one. I was kinda hoping somebody would reproduce one, as there seems to be a lot of people looking for one.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My JD doesn't have attract sounds either.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

First off, glad to hear that no one else's JD has attract sounds, sets my mind at ease a bit.

Since it seems that the translites are hard to find after a bunch of posts on a bunch of forums, I bought the one I found at $130. I'm going to see about getting it scanned at a local sign shop and from there maybe I'll see what it would take to clean up the artwork and get them reproduced. It's about time I actually do something for this (pinball, not necessarily pinside) community.

9 months ago
    #

Necropost I know, but for completeness sake, there is an attract sound... in coin-op mode if you hit the start button you get "You wanna play, you gotta pay" and hitting supergame says "2 credits for supergame" I think these are the only sounds for attract mode.

9 months ago
    #
    comat0se said:

Necropost I know, but for completeness sake, there is an attract sound... in coin-op mode if you hit the start button you get "You wanna play, you gotta pay" and hitting supergame says "2 credits for supergame" I think these are the only sounds for attract mode.

Yes - you'll get these regardless of the attract mode setting. Obviously if you're in free play or free only you'll never get these sounds...

viperrwk

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple