Tornado's 2012 !!

Started 2 years ago by BLACK_ROSE in forum Off topicOff-topic bar.

Forum » Off topic » Off-topic bar » Topic

Tornado's 2012 !!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • 19 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Wickedquickss

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Since New Yr's day till Now , The US has had 90 Tornado's Touch down and Ripe thru Town's and Destroy Everything in Sight . Last Fall Tornado's Tore thru Alabama , now this Past Friday-nite a Twister took the same path. What's Up with All of this.. I also heard that Farm Bureau
    ( which I have ) is think-n about Not offering Tornado insurance , If this pass's , It Will be a Chain Reaction.. Greed !!

Here's a Terrible Story ,

http://gma.yahoo.com/baby-angel-babcocks-grandmother-mourns-loss-entire-family-050220787--abc-news.html

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Tornado hit my brother-in-laws home down in West Liberty Kentucky. We spent the weekend helping him clean up and tarping off what was left of his roof. Area was pretty badly torn up. You could see it just cut a swath about 250-300 yards wide thru the surrounding country. You see all this and you know some will never come back from it, never be able to own a home again and it makes you want to cry.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

my prayers go out to everyone that lost loves ones, and has suffered from this tradegy

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    islandpinball said:

my prayers go out to everyone that lost loves ones, and has suffered from this tradegy

+ 100

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

islandpinball said:

+ 100

+100 again

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    scooter said:

The_Gorilla said:islandpinball said:
    + 100
    +100 again

Ditto.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Freaking awful.

Something crazy going on with the planet. Sometimes it feels like end times.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Rascal, you might be on to something there. Try reading Isaiah 17 or Ezekiel 38-39 in light of what's going on in Syria or Iran and it'll make you scared to boot up Gorgar or AC/DC pinballs.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

its called climate change ,

I think its funny that 99.9 percent of scientist say its happening at a extreamly fast rate but there are alot of americans who still believe the .1 percent of scientist (republicans) who don't believe in it

than want the government to help with the clean up .. ..

americans are funny

what a awful thing to happen to those people I cant fathom.. my heart poors to those who lost it all ..

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

My deepest condolences to the affected people and there family.
    I wish them all the best.
    Very sad when nature destroys property or lives.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    taz said:

Rascal, you might be on to something there. Try reading Isaiah 17 or Ezekiel 38-39 in light of what's going on in Syria or Iran and it'll make you scared to boot up Gorgar or AC/DC pinballs.

I heard that ,, But this Earth is on the " Highway to Hell " When Iran Start's Bombing Israel it's On !!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Dawson said:

its called climate change ,
    I think its funny that 99.9 percent of scientist say its happening at a extreamly fast rate but there are alot of americans who still believe the .1 percent of scientist (republicans) who don't believe in it
    than want the government to help with the clean up .. ..

Way to confuse two issues in one misguided post, and insult a nation of people in one fell swoop

No one disputes climate change....It's happened for billions of years, mostly due to the natural cycles of the sun. Ever hear of the ice age? Global Warming contributed to the overgrowth of vegetation that brought about the reign of dinosaurs. 2012 is in for the largest activity of solar flares in recorded history. What's in dispute is how much of the earth's climate change is due to man made carbon emissions. When you have scientists falsifying data to support their claims, of course people have the right to be skeptical. I'm all for cleaning up our trash, reducing pollution, developing real alternate sources of energy (ethanol, what a joke), etc....But I'm not all for government spending Billions of dollars on a fool's errand.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    robertmee said:

Way to confuse two issues in one misguided post, and insult a nation of people in one fell swoop [:roll:]

No one disputes climate change....It's happened for billions of years, mostly due to the natural cycles of the sun. Ever hear of the ice age? Global Warming contributed to the overgrowth of vegetation that brought about the reign of dinosaurs. 2012 is in for the largest activity of solar flares in recorded history. What's in dispute is how much of the earth's climate change is due to man made carbon emissions. When you have scientists falsifying data to support their claims, of course people have the right to be skeptical. I'm all for cleaning up our trash, reducing pollution, developing real alternate sources of energy (ethanol, what a joke), etc....But I'm not all for government spending Billions of dollars on a fool's errand.

+1 On all points!!!! BTW next year is supposed to be worse in terms of solar flares.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Honch said:

+1 On all points!!!! BTW next year is supposed to be worse in terms of solar flares.

May 2013 is supposed to be the peak of the current solar cycle....But everyone knows that Dec 21, 2012 is the big one...

Here's a scary scenario from Nasa's website:

The 1859 storm--known as the "Carrington Event" after astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating solar flare--electrified transmission cables, set fires in telegraph offices, and produced Northern Lights so bright that people could read newspapers by their red and green glow. A recent report by the National Academy of Sciences found that if a similar storm occurred today, it could cause $1 to 2 trillion in damages to society's high-tech infrastructure and require four to ten years for complete recovery. For comparison, Hurricane Katrina caused "only" $80 to 125 billion in damage.

Better start stocking up on generator's

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Just something to relate . . .

I can only offer that I do know that we have weather cycles. Some are short-term and some are VERY long term. This current global warming trend could grow more intense and then cycle backward, and take another few hundred years to swing back around.

Robertmee's reference to the 1859 storm and the strong Northern Lights bring back memories from my childhood in the 1950's. Don't know about where YOU live, but in Kentucky I remember many nights for several years in a row of seeing INTENSIVE displays of Northern Lights. They would be so spectacular, my Dad would take us all out in the yard and explain to us about the Aurora Borealis. There was much discussion about it in school. I have not seen anything like this during the rest of the course of my life. We might be due for another 'show' like this during this decade. It's been over 50 years since . . .

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Glad someone decided to let people know americans are not all stupid or nieve.
    Easy to make labels for people or things you don't understand.

And to everyone World Wide have a wonderful day.
    I wish you nothing but the best.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

you spelled naive wrong. sorry, couldn't resist.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I live in Western Mass, and I had to RUN- literally RUN from a tornado that tore through our town last year. That's unheard of and something I never though I would see in my life out here.

June 1st 2011 - Springfield MA - if you look that up on youtube there are crazy videos of it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Sorry Robertmee not trying to offend here , this is a great web page . and a lot of fun to read..

how ever , I will disagree all day about human caused climate change , sure scientist nudged some findings to get some more funding ( not that science don't need it ) that was big news but not in the grand scheem of things ? very picky , and was a couple years ago..

you cant tell me a 2 in tail pipe on average, x 190 million cars on the road per day , thats 2"x 190million = 380 million inchs of tail pipe .... thats 32,500 thousand feet

that a tail pipe 6 miles across every day all day , just in the USA spilling gas into our ballon we call earth ,its not science , its common sense .. sure its happened before , thats not the point .. its never happened this fast , thats the point

earth was not ready for this

only the government can make people change .. using law , other wise we would have no ozone ,and LA would still have the air from the early 80's..

sorry if we disagree , I live on the other coast , that might play a part , but we both love pinball so what the hell , have a beer ..

cheers TJ

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Yo the calander they are using for the end of the world this year didn't have leap day on it.....so in reality with no leap year day added every 4 years it would actually be July of 2013. So its past.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    Dawson said:

Sorry Robertmee not trying to offend here , this is a great web page . and a lot of fun to read..

Hey, no offense taken....It's just a spirited debate. On the surface, your calculations may seem like common sense and overwhelming in size, but when you consider the natural sources of CO2 and other gases on the earth (the earth is a big place....Compared to your 6 mile pipe, there's a million miles of natural CO2 emitting pipe), the contributions by man are insignificant. Take time and thoroughly read some of the science...I mean read it, and don't just filter it through your preconceptions. Don't immediately jump to the defense you can't believe what you read on the internet, or that the article is published by some republican demigod. Neither is true, and there are thousands of examples of these numbers...This one just condenses it into a simple format and easy to understand. All data is referenced to scientific publications and research...

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Articles1.html

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

And again, I don't think we are arguing that automobile pollution is a problem. It is...I've visited LA, California often, and I don't like to breathe the smog. But to jump to the conclusion that it is causing global climate changes, the science really does not support it.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I Just saw an Aerial Video from a Helicopter of the aftermath of the Tornado that hit Kentucky and Stayed on the ground for 95 miles... WGHP Fox 8

These Storm's are the Beginning , There's More to come , so you guy's Take care !!

http://myfox8.com/?s=Kentucky+Tornado&search_submit=

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

just got back from West Liberty Kentucky work sent some of us there to help rebuild power lines. pics cant describe the damage been on several storms worse one i have seen. went right down middle of town and low income houseing. but just to say something about the town several stores wide open with contents still intact. didnt see any looding or stealing. people in community that wasnt affected. pull out grills,wagons.ect cooked food and delivered it to those in need.super community.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Man, that snow isn't helping anything on top of it all.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Great dialog everyone. I've read a lot trying to figure out the global warming mess and find that there are good points on both sides. I read about it for financial reasons in analyzing alternative energy stocks, not for political purposes, so I think we have to remove politics out of the equation in order to be taken seriously. Clearly we don't understand all the Earth's healing abilities. I once read that major blooms of plankton were observed across one large expanse of ocean and could be compensating for our emissions. The real problem is when people try to use the crisis for political expedience like carbon credit trading and such. Their cause loses credibility when data is falsified and alternative views are supressed. Also, I don't think we can blame solar flares, earthquakes, and tsunamis on man made global warming, so I think there's more going on in our little world than a one degree increase in average worldwide temperatures.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

My Aunt lives in New Pekin,IN...a family of 5 was killed less than 1/2 a mile from her home...sad. Thankfully my Aunt,Uncle 2 Cousins where all safe...the home has practicully no damage...Indypin is working the disaster in Henryville,IN (Sherriff)...Just a tragic situation...I am thankful my family was spared the wrath of this storm...we feel very blessed

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple