(Topic ID: 87833)

2 LED Sale! THANK YOU! A Nice Amount Donated to Pinside and Humane Society!

By OLDPINGUY

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by blondetall
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-703.jpg
    image.jpg
    photo 2.JPG
    Copper & Rusty.jpg
    IMG_4175.JPG
    Rosie and Daisy.jpg
    photo.JPG
    image-436.jpg
    image-872.jpg
    image-186.jpg
    2LEDMAINNW.JPG
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Sounds great. You hands-down have the best lineup of anyone I've seen. Don't worry about it, it was just a suggestion. I wish the best for Melinda and your business. And of course I will be picking some of these up at a later point in time.

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

You hands-down have the best lineup of anyone I've seen.

+1

#53 10 years ago

I hope you mean my game lineup!!!

Just let me know what you are looking for....Ill point you in all the directions...

Its what you want and need, I listen and try to do my best.....Like the flame candle LED is moving along...I dont want that one to die, and it will likely cost me more to make, then I will ever see back, but it really isnt about that, its about how kickass we can do our games working as a group.

I was just taking pictures of my X-men for a new product, and I should post it when the MOD seller asks, but I realized the game has bulbs from every vendor....It was my test for all bulbs etc...looks great to me!

If others have ideas or suggestions...always happy to listen.....

#54 10 years ago

Warm frosted white are my favorite bulb and use them almost everywhere. I find them to be the most versatile.

#55 10 years ago

Interesting.....Ill need to maybe place a poll...My sales show about 6 times more sales in natural, but I am with you on most games, in the GI....I use warm.
    I use the natural in dark Blue/Black games. Now I am hooked on sunlight, and I am debating making this in between color in say frosted SMD...
    Are you, and any others doing the same with Warms? Do you use them in a backbox, or anyone use warm in dark games, Tron, Addams, TZ etc? I wonder...

#56 10 years ago

Just placed my order. Hopefully with what I got I'll be able to make RFM look good. I had what I needed planned out until I got to the website and saw all the new stuff, so I just put a bunch in the cart and we'll see what happens.

#57 10 years ago

Well I think the general consensus with warm white is incandescent bulbs are what the artwork was designed around. I'm not being picky here, please don't get that idea. But I and many others seem to like warm white because it's what we have seen games use for decades in the past. I use them on our route machines because I think it looks appropriate. That's of course not discounting other colors and LED types, it all depends on the taste of the owner. Like in my case, warm white seems to be something most people can agree on, so I feel in my situation as a co-operator that WW is a good pick for all the games we run.

#58 10 years ago

I use warm EVERYwhere. GI. Backbox. Inserts. Spots. Then add flash of color where i see fit.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well I think the general consensus with warm white is incandescent bulbs are what the artwork was designed around. I'm not being picky here, please don't get that idea. But I and many others seem to like warm white because it's what we have seen games use for decades in the past. I use them on our route machines because I think it looks appropriate. That's of course not discounting other colors and LED types, it all depends on the taste of the owner. Like in my case, warm white seems to be something most people can agree on, so I feel in my situation as a co-operator that WW is a good pick for all the games we run.

In general, I do not like WW LEDs. If I wanted to imitate incandescent bulbs in terms of color temp, I would....use incandescent bulbs. The IM that I just got still had all incandescents in it and the yellow (I call it dingy) look is not appealing to me in the GI.

Don't get me wrong: I do use WW LEDs in certain spots in the GI on some of my pins where I think it is appropriate, such as under a yellow plastic, and to prevent a pin from having too much blue cast from using all cool white LEDs. But for the most part, I find the regular cool white much more pleasing in the GI than the warm white.

I'm not surprised to hear Art say that he sells 6x more cool white LEDs than the warm white.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Just placed my order. Hopefully with what I got I'll be able to make RFM look good. I had what I needed planned out until I got to the website and saw all the new stuff, so I just put a bunch in the cart and we'll see what happens.

Thank You Melinda! I have a few wild things to add for you to try,

OK, I have been taught something by you two.
    The only game I did all warm was Roadshow,

Did you see the fluted bullet I posted? That is a 2 SMD, in a tall light, with fluting. I think this will be a most
    exceptional Bulb in Warm white.

I'll make sure I make more Warms in the next series...and reach back out with this.
    Remind me to send you Free samples of these and sunlight, with any next order....I appreciate your help and feedback very much!

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

In general, I do not like WW LEDs. If I wanted to imitate incandescent bulbs in terms of color temp, I would....use incandescent bulbs. The IM that I just got still had all incandescents in it and the yellow (I call it dingy) look is not appealing to me in the GI.
    Don't get me wrong: I do use WW LEDs in certain spots in the GI on some of my pins where I think it is appropriate, such as under a yellow plastic, and to prevent a pin from having too much blue cast from using all cool white LEDs. But for the most part, I find the regular cool white much more pleasing in the GI than the warm white.
    I'm not surprised to hear Art say that he sells 6x more cool white LEDs than the warm white.

I think the theme and artwork of the game matter a lot there too -- "futuristic" games like IM or Tron will look great with the bluish tint of cool white, but maybe not so much for games like POTC, LOTR or Sorcerer.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I think the theme and artwork of the game matter a lot there too -- "futuristic" games like IM or Tron will look great with the bluish tint of cool white, but maybe not so much for games like POTC, LOTR or Sorcerer.

Definitely agree with that.

When I had LOTR, I wanted an even more orange glow than what WW would give me, so I put a lot of orange LEDs in the GI and it looked sweet.

#63 10 years ago

i agree with that too. i think my STTNG and Black Hole look great with cool whites (except for the chasers around the back box of BH, which are still incandescents, but that could change). the cool whites bring out the blues and puples of the artwork of those games, and in my opinion helps them hold their own looks-wise against newer games. whereas a yellowish hue makes them look more aged or retro, which would be cool for an EM, but not necessarily for space-themed games.

just my opinion, of course.

#64 10 years ago

I think it definitely depends on the game's theme. I put cool whites in my EM one day just to see what it looked like, and it looked weird because to me the cool whites denote a more modern tone... like fosaisu said, the futuristic and space-themed games. Everything in the "future" set movies is always bright white and blue-tinted LED/neon it seems. I think the warm whites are a better "general" bulb, but lots of people want to make their games more modern and throw in the cool whites because it is a major difference in incandescents and cool white bulbs.

I tend to do one or the other depending on the theme/style of the pin, but I've got both in my Frankenstein. The game is warm oranges and cool blues, so I did the warmer colors up front and on the sides, with the cool whites around the monster since he is in ice. The cool highlightes the snow/ice and makes that area brighter, but the rest of the game still has a warmer glow that works with the art and timeperiod.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interesting.....Ill need to maybe place a poll...My sales show about 6 times more sales in natural, but I am with you on most games, in the GI....I use warm.
    I use the natural in dark Blue/Black games. Now I am hooked on sunlight, and I am debating making this in between color in say frosted SMD...
    Are you, and any others doing the same with Warms? Do you use them in a backbox, or anyone use warm in dark games, Tron, Addams, TZ etc? I wonder...

I'm with you on this as well, we sell a boatload more cools than warms

#66 10 years ago

bump.

#67 10 years ago

You can't go wrong dealing with Art. Great guy with a true love for this hobby and making machine lighting a true thing of beauty. I bought some dual flexible RGB's from him as well as some light strips. All I can say is WOW! Everything looks simply amazing! Thanks Art for all your help and advice and answering ALLLL my questions. LOL Sorry my friend.

#68 10 years ago

No problem, Pinfidel. Yes, I have Pinball Insanity for 41 Years!

I enjoy helping, and feeling this is more a Hobby, then a business...a tough balance. But to be fair, I do get a great deal of email questions, and people should know I have no electrical background...learning as fast as I can, but some technical questions do escape me.
    I turn to the Board, or other experts, and if you need that type of help, I cant recommend anyone better then Chris and Melissa at Cointaker, or James and Mark at PBB. They really know the technical side!
    Do support them with your business as well!

For this thread, it is more about giving, especially this Holiday week....

My daughter it appears is adopting the lost Dog, apparently the owners drove to the other side of town and abandoned him.
    We are 3/4 sold out of stock on this sale....3 days to go, and I am hoping for 100% so Melinda and the Humane Society, as well as Pinside get a nice donation.

I hope those that have purchased, enjoy this product, and More Pins move from the Dark side....
    (Ill await the punch from the president of the Incandescent Club!

Art

#69 10 years ago

I personally prefer the Natural White to the Warm White, but it always depends on the game.

#70 10 years ago

Order just placed! Thanks, Art for offering a win-win-win all the way around!
    I am a sucker for animals....here is one of our rescues. image.jpgimage.jpg

#71 10 years ago

Thank You, Most Kindly!

We are getting down to 24 hours and thin stock....anyone left should take a second look, and enjoy these samples
    and help our 4-legged friends!

Art

#72 10 years ago

Gonna order by noon (Thursday). Hope it runs til then!

#73 10 years ago

Actually till Midnight Thursday ....I have to see if I can add some more...down to fumes....

Dont miss out!

Thanks to all!

#74 10 years ago

Last day bump.

#75 10 years ago

I get my package today. Can't wait to see what else Art threw in the box. Just like xmas. Always glad to help out the "opposable thumb deficient".

#77 9 years ago

Update from me:
    Art is taking care of his part of the donation directly to HES, and I've got another $75 by way of generous donations from Blownfuse (thanks to his pups Rusty and Copper) and Pinfidel. So we've covered 2 adoption fees for the "long-timers" plus a few extra dollars for them to put towards food, supplies, etc. I'll be taking the donation check/money I've got to HES hopefully this week/weekend (depending on the storm situations) and will find the dog that has been there the longest and apply it to their account.

A huge thanks to Art, Blownfuse, Pinfidel, and everyone that purchased bulbs for helping the rescued pups!

#78 9 years ago

Do you have a direct PayPal to donate to your Dog Rescue thingy?

#79 9 years ago

This is their direct donation page. There are links for a few different funds, and 3rd down is a big PayPal button for one time donations.

http://heschatt.com/help-donate.php

Donate
    The Humane Educational Society is a 501(C)(3) organization and all donations made are tax deductible! Regardless of budget, there is so much to be done for the animals at our shelter. We are able to achieve a quality shelter with the help of our community and its donations to provide more benefits to our animals. Please consider giving a gift of love that is so important in the lives or our pets.

HES has arranged several ways in which donations may be made. There are many options available. If you have any questions regarding donations, please feel free to contact us for more information!

#80 9 years ago

I ment YOUR personal Doggie Fund.

#81 9 years ago

You know how to reach me. My paypal account is attached to my email with this screenname. Lol. But then I would have to bake you more Blondie's blondies.

That reminds me. Hey Art... Do you prefer blondies, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, or sugar cookies?

#82 9 years ago

Today is Tipper's birthday/day we got her. We're having a doggy party for her with homemade treats, canned dog food, and a new toy for her. We certainly know how to party hard here.

image-703.jpgimage-703.jpg
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-led-sale-49-ea25-pack-donation-to-blondetall-humane-society-pinside/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.