(Topic ID: 47721)

1st Annual Pinball BBQ - Sunday May 26th (Minnesota)

By MnHotRod

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by policano
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mah-winnings.jpg
Cnv0259.jpg
Cnv0256.jpg
Cnv0255.jpg
Cnv0254.jpg
Cnv0253.jpg
Cnv0252.jpg
Cnv0257.jpg
Cnv0260.jpg
20130526_212405.jpg
PinZombies.jpg
rockstar.jpg
Princeguitar.jpg
8817115860_3565bf5205_b.jpg
IMG_4562.JPG
cliffy-shirt.jpg
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 11 years ago

My bride has approved our first pinball meetup so I thought we should make it a big one. In effort to make this a great event, we need your help. First and foremost, we need some people to bring pinball machines. Second, we could use some sponsors to cover some of the cost for award plaques, food and beverage. Third, we could use prize donations. If you can help, please send me a PM. We're still ironing out some details but here is what we have so far.

------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT: 1st Annual Pinball BBQ
WHEN: Sunday May 26th
WHERE: Burnsville, MN
TIME: 3pm to 10pm

DETAILS:
The 1st Annual Pinball BBQ will be held starting at 3pm on Sunday May 26th in Burnsville, MN. We’ll have food and limited beverage. Feel free to bring your own choice of beverage or beer. If we can get six people to bring pinball machines, we will have a tournament with custom plaques for the top three winners. At dusk we will be screening Pinball Donut Girl and Wade Krause: Pinball Artist on the big screen, drive-in style, in our backyard theater. We have a 16-foot screen with view of the screen anywhere in our back yard.

COST:
We will “pass the hat” during the party to cover costs. If you are not bringing a game, please plan to make a donation so we can do this again next year.

HELP NEEDED:
We need your help to make this an annual event. We need people to bring pinball machines. We need volunteers to help transport machines if the need arises. We need volunteers to host the tournament. We need sponsors to help fund the food, award plaques and t-shirts.

MORE PINBALL MACHINES NEEDED:
We’re looking to add six to eight more machines in effort to make this party a success. Everyone that brings a machine will receive a special gift in return for their efforts. Machines can be dropped off anytime the week prior, the week after, or the day of the event. Our house is easy load-in so no worries once they get here. If you can bring a machine, please send a message so we can add your game to the list of machines for the party.

PINBALL MACHINE LIST:
Metallica Pro (Benson)
The Shadow (Benson)
Johnny Mnemonic (Benson)
Starship Troopers (Middendorf)
Batman Forever or Star Wars (Kris)
Indy-500 (BillyD)
NBA Fastbreak or Fish Tales (ChrisS)
Tron (TMFish)
High Speed II The Getaway (Matt)
Monster Bash or Bad Cats (Pin_Crazed)
YOUR PINBALL MACHINE HERE

PINBALL TOURNAMENT:
Custom award plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Note: We need volunteers to host the tournament

VOLUNTEERS:
TonyMiddendorf
ChrisS (Tournament)
tmac (Tournament)

SHIRT SIZES:
TonyMiddendorf - Large
Billyd - Large
Matt_Rasmussen - XXL
TMFish - L
John at D&G - L
tmac - L or XL
Corn - XL
Pin_Crazed - M
MustangPaul - L

BBQ:
Smoked pork butts, potato salad, chips.

BEVERAGE:
We will have cold water and limited cold beverage. Bring your own choice of beverage and cold beer for yourself or to share.

CAMPFIRE:
Enjoy the evening with a nice campfire, roast marshmallows and watch movies on the big screen.

BACKYARD THEATER:
1) Pinball Donut Girl
2) Wade Krause – Pinball Artist
3) Spooky Movie TBD

RAFFLE:
One of our sponsors has suggested using prizes donated by sponsors for a raffle. Funds generated from raffle ticket sales will be used to pay a portion of the cost of tourney award plaques, t-shirts and food. Raffle tickets will be available for $1 each at the bbq. Buy as many as you like to support the event.

PRIZES & SILENT AUCTION:
One Centaur Backglass from Classic Playfield Reproductions (CPR)
One Wizard of Oz translite signed by Jersey Jack (Jersey Jack Pinball Tech Support)
Three $50 Gift Certificates for PinballBulbs.COM
Four T-Shirts from PinballShirts.COM
Four "Pins and Vids - Episode IV" DVD's from PinballShirts.COM
Two Stern T-Shirts from Stern Pinball
Three Metallica Pro Translites from Stern Pinball
One Cliffy's T-Shirt from Cliffy's Pinball Innovations
Four $25 Gift Certificates to The Rack in Burnsville
One T-Shirt from The Rack in Burnsville
Two T-Shirts for the 1st Annual Pinball BBQ

A few blocks from Byerly’s on CoRd 42 in Burnsville. Just minutes away from 35W and 35E. Please RSVP via PM so we can get a handle on food. I will provide address for the BBQ via PM when we get closer to the event.

EVENT SPONSORS:

D&G Amusement:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DG-Amusement/135584033279575

Mortimers:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mortimers/141275569243920

Classic Playfield Reproductions (CPR):
http://www.classicplayfields.com/

PinballBulbs:
http://www.pinballbulbs.com/

PinballShirts:
http://pinballshirts.com

Game Exchange of Colorado:
http://www.gameexchange.biz/

Stern Pinball:
http://www.sternpinball.com/

Cliffy's Pinball Innovations:
http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Jersey Jack Pinball Tech Support:
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/

The Rack Restaurant in Burnsville:
http://therackbar.com/

pinball-bbq-stern.jpgpinball-bbq-stern.jpg

T-SHIRT DESIGN

pinball-bbq-logo1.jpgpinball-bbq-logo1.jpg

Backyard Movie Night Photos 2012:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157632735570385/show/

Backyard 2012:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157633291713420/show/

#2 11 years ago

Hopefully the snow will be gone then. It is bad out right now. Looks like January instead of April.

#3 11 years ago

I'll be there! I'll also plan on bringing a game. You can pencil in Starship Troopers for now, just know that it is subject to change.

Anyone else bringing a game?

#4 11 years ago

Hi - organizing my first Pinball BBQ in France the day before (May 25). May be we should declare that week end an interplanetary Pinball BBQ event!?

Enjoy!

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Hi - organizing my first Pinball BBQ in France the day before (May 25). May be we should declare that week end an interplanetary Pinball BBQ event!?

I'd love to attend, you pay my airfaire???

-==-

Benson, You da man. I should have a pin left to bring.... Not sure what yet, so don't pencil me down just yet.

#6 11 years ago

Sorry I have a annual party that I attend every year on that day

#7 11 years ago

pencil me in.

We have a wedding that Saturday and depending how much/little I control myself We may make the trip north.

#8 11 years ago

count me in !

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Sorry I have a annual party that I attend every year on that day

THIS ONE'S ANNUAL TOO!!!!

#10 11 years ago

I'm in too! I will bring a pin too - not sure what though. Maybe the readers / attendees can search my collection list and make suggestions on which one you'd like to see there and decide for me.

#11 11 years ago

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYO! I might be in a sling again. May 9th I go under again. But i would love to attend. I can bring shine 0_o

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

I'm in too! I will bring a pin too - not sure what though. Maybe the readers / attendees can search my collection list and make suggestions on which one you'd like to see there and decide for me.

I vote batman forever

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote Batman Forever

although BF is a game I'd like to try...

my vote is for RFM. I know you own one Hilton, but I've yet to play one of those either!

#14 11 years ago

RFM is TOO HEAVY to haul anywhere!!!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

RFM is TOO HEAVY to haul anywhere!!!

INDEED!

#16 11 years ago

Will the tournament be "official" to earn points - IFPA?

#17 11 years ago

Just saw the post and was "like sweet". Then saw Minnesota and was "like crap I'm in Ohio"
Nothing better than BBQ and pinball. Great idea. I'll have to do this in Ohio!

#18 11 years ago

No, the tournament will not be official. Unless of course someone can tell me how to make that happen easily. The tournament will however have cool custom plaques that winners can hang on their wall. A buddy of mine is somewhat famous when it comes to "hot rod" art and is doing the art now. More on him and the art when it is completed.

Quoted from Methos:

Will the tournament be "official" to earn points - IFPA?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

I'd vote BF, GL, or Star Wars

Thanks!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Unless of course someone can tell me how to make that happen easily.

Email these folks:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/send-us-a-comment

As long as it's open to everyone, you can award points. Read the FAQ linked below before emailing.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/top-menu/faq

#21 11 years ago

Kris - My vote would be Star Wars or Batman Forever. Your not far from me, how about both! I can bring my Durango and help load them up.

Quoted from Cloud9:

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

No, the tournament will not be official. Unless of course someone can tell me how to make that happen easily.

Pretty easy>
1. Must be considered an open event. This fits that rule. as you are not excluding anyone.

2. The IFPA also requires that any endorsed tournament be listed on the IFPA Calendar a minimum of 30 days prior to the event being held > just contact IFPA now and let them know the date

http://www.ifpapinball.com/send-us-a-comment

3. A website where players can find out additional details about the event is also preferred >> just make one on facebook if you have nothing else easy to use. It does not need to be anything special. Heck I can make a side page on the MRP website if you want. >> that would suffice

#23 11 years ago

I'm tentative to go too, this is a busy time at my work. If I'm not traveling I'll be there, with HSII.

#24 11 years ago

I shall bring...dough, since none of my machines are workin'. This schedule works out great since I will be back from Denmark.

#25 11 years ago

I didnt even know yall ate BBQ all the way up in MN. Pulled pork, Ribs or Brisket?

#26 11 years ago

I may be doing a show that day, but if not, I could bring Black Knight. This sounds great!

#27 11 years ago

We have doing an install in Denmark for months. What are the chances you are at Vestas?

Quoted from s1500:

I shall bring...dough, since none of my machines are workin'. This schedule works out great since I will be back from Denmark.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

We have doing an install in Denmark for months. What are the chances you are at Vestas?

What's Vestas? There's a place slightly west of Copenhagen that has a bunch of pins, and I'm determined to check it out.

#29 11 years ago

Can anyone firmly to commit to bringing any games? If you're like me and can't predict what will be in your collection, I don't think the specific title is important- it's just important that we know the games are coming.

#30 11 years ago

The posters, promo and screener arrived today for Pinball Donut Girl and Pinball Artist. Thank you Anna!

pdg-2013.jpgpdg-2013.jpg

#31 11 years ago

I'll be there!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Can anyone firmly to commit to bringing any games? If you're like me and can't predict what will be in your collection, I don't think the specific title is important- it's just important that we know the games are coming.

If I can make it, and I think I can, I'll bring HSII by request and could being JP too...depending how much I feel like moving machines around.

#33 11 years ago

Would love to attend, but will be in KC for a soccer tourney that weekend.

#34 11 years ago

Would be sweet if you could bring JP too. Your HS2 was the first I ever played. Never played JP. If you bring it, that will mean you breaking my virginity twice!

Hoping the art is finished soon so I can reveal the "special gift" for everyone that brings a game. Bring two, and you get TWO special gifts!

Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If I can make it, and I think I can, I'll bring HSII by request and could being JP too...depending how much I feel like moving machines around.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Would be sweet if you could bring JP too. Your HS2 was the first I ever played. Never played JP. If you bring it, that will mean you breaking my virginity twice!
Hoping the art is finished soon so I can reveal the "special gift" for everyone that brings a game. Bring two, and you get TWO special gifts!

Well, if you wear it, I hope it's XLT.

#36 11 years ago

Hey Steve,

Count me in for an NBAFB. Hopefully I can leave it with you.

Unless we figure out something sooner. I'll have pictures this coming week.

Chris

#37 11 years ago

Just got off the phone with BillyD, looks like he will be bringing his Flintstones or Indy-500. Woot! Thanks for stepping up Billy!

ChrisS - Can't wait to play NBAFB. Thanks for jumping in with a game!

PinCrazed hasn't posted yet but talking to him last night his words were "Which game do you want me to bring?" Woot!!

#38 11 years ago

RFM is one heavy mo-fo! It's also in a special room that's less accessible than my other games so that one is a definite no-go. It's lookin' like Batman Forever is the front runner in votes (so far).

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

RFM is one heavy mo-fo! It's also in a special room that's less accessible than my other games so that one is a definite no-go. It's lookin' like Batman Forever is the front runner in votes (so far).

Ill throw in with batman then!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Just got off the phone with BillyD, looks like he will be bringing his Flintstones or Indy-500. Woot! Thanks for stepping up Billy!

Ever since I played it, I thought I500 would be a great tournament game!

#41 11 years ago

I agree
Indy 500 it is then !
Ben Yetter worked his mojo on it.

#42 11 years ago

Steve > Let me know if you need me to add a subpage for your event to www.madrollinpinball.com

I am happy to do so if you want this to be a sanctioned tourney.

#43 11 years ago

Since this is our first shot at the Pinball BBQ, I think we should keep it simple. If the event does well this year, we can talk about IFPA next year.

#44 11 years ago

no worries. You will likely attract more people (if that is a goal) with making it IFPA.

May attract some folks you don't want also

#45 11 years ago

To me fun & socializing overrides IFPA points any day.

#46 11 years ago

Just a thought, but what about a unofficial tourney, like everyone who wants to play throws in $1 and winner takes it all?

#47 11 years ago

Will any of the pins at the BBQ be for sale? Ya know "try before ya buy".

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Just a thought, but what about a unofficial tourney, like everyone who wants to play throws in $1 and winner takes it all?

Quoted from MnHotRod:

PINBALL TOURNAMENT:
Custom award plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Note: We need volunteers to host the tournament

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Will any of the pins at the BBQ be for sale? Ya know "try before ya buy".

I know my NBAFB will be if Steve doesn't buy it.

Chris

Oh and I can help with the tourney as long as it doesn't take all day. I would like to enjoy some chit chat time with my MN friends as well.

Maybe it's a tourney on the honor system. I've been to those before. You play each machine once and write down your score and then prizes are given out based on that.

Just an idea.

Chris

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Maybe it's a tourney on the honor system. I've been to those before. You play each machine once and write down your score and then prizes are given out based on that.

GREAT idea! Maybe have one or two officials to make sure things are moving along as they should. You can turn your scores into the officials and they can announce the winners/losers/next rounds, etc.

We don't have the format thought up yet, but this really makes sense!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-annual-pinball-bbq-sunday-may-26th-minnesota and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.