(Topic ID: 17985)

----STERN X-MEN PINBALL OFFICIAL RELEASE!!!

By Gexchange

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 537 posts
  • 144 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by badbilly27
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMenLEWolv-3upb.JPG
XMenPro-3up_with_BG.JPG
(bw)_XMenLEWolv-Right.dark.jpg
nightcrawler-Exclamation.gif
screen-capture.png
tron_damage.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Right.chrome.JPG
XMenLEWolv-blue-chrome.jpg
XMenLEWolv-Chrome1.jpg
cyclops09.gif
xmencable-ahvb.gif
image-23.jpg
valkilmericeman[1].jpg
X-Men_Games_Feature_Matrix_6.06.12.pdf (PDF preview)
xmenle.jpg
stargate.jpg

There are 537 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 11 years ago

For those that have been interested in the rules and who is doing the code, GS confirmed that "the young guys" worked on XM. It's at the end of the interview with him posted at the NW pinball show ustream.

#502 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

<P>For those that have been interested in the rules and who is doing the code, GS confirmed that "the young guys" worked on XM. It's at the end of the interview with him posted at the NW pinball show ustream. </P>

Got a link?

#503 11 years ago

Sure, it was over in the nw pinball show thread.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nwpinballarcadeshow

#504 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for this mock up, I was thinking of putting a Pro Translite in my Wolverine LE but I really don't like that the "X-Men" title is red on the Translite and yellow on the cabinet. I'm really starting to like the whole Wolverine package the more I absorb all the pictures.

Kevin

I know a lot of people are saying they like the pro translite better than the Backglass on either LE, but I'm not one of those people. I love both Wolverine and Magneto backglasses. And I think they will look even better in person than those pics, which really do nothing to give you the true sense of what a *real backglass* will look like in person.

And for me backglass > translite

#505 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Do you think Jack should have had more than he did when he revealed WOZ at e3? The competition is definitely putting pressure on these companies. I think we are partly responsible as fans/customers because we are adding to the pressure by pushing these guys to show something. I have never seen so much speculation and hype in this hobby. Surely someone from Stern and Jersey Jack follows these threads and forums. Then when they show something we are all eager to point out the negatives (myself included at times). Bottom line, they are giving us new products to what would have otherwise been a stagnant supply.

Yes, I think it was a bad move for Jack to take WOZ to E3. I'm sure most of the folks had good things to say while playing it. I'm also sure these people (mostly video game people) were thinking about what a bore it was compaired to RBION or TOTAN on their ipads.

I mean the game didn't even have GI. No scoring, no real sound, the screen did nothing but display 1 picture, the lights were in attract mode and some of them weren't even working properly (by looking at one of the videos), and no rules at all. Not ready to be shown and looking very far from being complete in my book. People at E3 are used to seeing unfinished games, but I'm guessing an unfinished pin (especially one as unfinished as WOZ appears to be) was a real bummer. How the heck was it supposed to be used in the IFPA9 World Pinball Championship this weekend?

X-Men is supposed to be shipping at the end of June or early July and they don't even have a LE to take a picture of? What's the real hurry? Why not ship the pro first...at least they appeared to have some of them to take pictures of. You know X-Men and WOZ are going to get very little play testing done to them with the rush to show these off and get them out the door.

I could really give 2 craps less about the code being completely finished when the game ships (as long as it DOES get finished). I honesly liked getting a nice stream of updates when I first bought my BSM. It was something new to look forward to. What I'm worried about is smashed plastics, or parts that need to be replaced to make the game work right, or poor designs that that need "fixes" to make them any fun to play at all (Iron Man and AC/DC). You would think just batting a ball around the whitewood would show off any major issues like that....but as I just mentioned...problems do slip through.

That being said, X-Men Wolvie LE #94 is coming to my house and I'm looking forward to playing WOZ, but would never own one. WOZ is not a buy theme for me, but I do like the movie. I'm also not Jacks biggest fan and made a solemn vow to never buy a game from him. I do think he has done a good job of assembling a nice design team (Nordman, Granner and new blood Riesterer). I can only hope JJP never makes a Tenacious D, Star Blazers, or Aquabats themed pin.....I think I'm safe.

#506 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know a lot of people are saying they like the pro translite better than the Backglass on either LE, but I'm not one of those people. I love both Wolverine and Magneto backglasses. And I think they will look even better in person than those pics, which really do nothing to give you the true sense of what a *real backglass* will look like in person.

I'm with you rob. The more I look at the LE art the more I like it. And with it being mirrored backglass, it'll only make it that much better.

#507 11 years ago

Starblazers. Now that is a blast from the past. I used to run home from school to watch that show. Still remember the words to the damn song.

#508 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

The assumption has been it'll be like this:
» YouTube video

Holy ****!

I want Lost in Space - it looks better/awesome! Never heard of it though.

#509 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Holy ****!
I want Lost In Space - it looks better/awesome! Never heard of it though.

Agreed. Never saw that mball start before. Very cool!

#510 11 years ago

I'm hearing that the all the custom dot work by Galvez is another over the top job and cool as hell like AC/DC. As well as David Thiel utilizing the double memory capacity for the sounds package. Ever character has it's own tune and mode. Deep rule set.

#511 11 years ago

Nice!

#512 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm hearing that the all the custom dot work by Galvez is another over the top job and cool as hell like AC/DC. As well as David Thiel utilizing the double memory capacity for the sounds package. Ever character has it's own tune and mode. Deep rule set.

Is it full screen or 2/3?

#513 11 years ago

TSPP Deep, SM Deep? Details man!

#514 11 years ago

RobT said:

I'm with you rob. The more I look at the LE art the more I like it. And with it being mirrored backglass, it'll only make it that much better.

If I am getting the Wolverine LE - there is not way I am putting in a PRO translite..... I like the LE art more and more - the only place it is really lacking is the head decals - I like the pro much better.

#515 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

RobT said:
If I am getting the Wolverine LE - there is not way I am putting in a PRO translite..... I like the LE art more and more - the only place it is really lacking is the head decals - I like the pro much better.

Thats Pretty Easly fixable.. Pro Decals I know I can order. But do they match the rest of the LE Cab?

#516 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is it full screen or 2/3?

If indeed no movie clips then full screen. It was never about showing the score, but rather making movie transfer work easier.

#517 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

RobT said:

Glad to hear that you decided to stay in Mark.

#518 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

If indeed no movie clips then full screen. It was never about showing the score, but rather making movie transfer work easier.

Spider-Man had full screen movie clips. Did they just need some type of corner cutting to do the movie clips after it?

#519 11 years ago

Are there any confirmed subways under the playfield? Does the Xavier shot just feed the VUK onto the right ramp and the bottom left scoop does anything feed into it? I hope there is more ball moving under the table.

#520 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Are there any confirmed subways under the playfield?

From everything mentioned so far not looking likely.

#521 11 years ago

I'm pretty confident what you see is what you'll get. I would not hold my breath for subway ramps and other features not already shown. This game is as good as in production.

I'm surprised so many people are worried babout the art. That would be the least of my concerns wit this pin. I think all the art packages are well done.

#522 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Spider-Man had full screen movie clips. Did they just need some type of corner cutting to do the movie clips after it?

I think BDK was the first 2/3 pin.

#523 11 years ago

Also I have heard that all the plastic ramps will come with metal ramp protectors like the amazing ones Cliffy did for TRON, I dont see any in the pictures though. has this been discussed yet?

I am just catching up on the X-men madness since I have been out of a town for the week.

I think the game looks GREAT only thing I am not happy with is that mode start scoop on the left. I hate on my IJ4 the ball just rolls in there over and over from the pops and there is no skill for it. Also I am guessing the captured ball we saw earlier was a placeholder for wolverine toy or something?

and last questions! how the eff does the nightcralwer targets and moving ramp fit into the game? how do they work? Guess everyone wants to know those questions!

anyway good job borg and team its looking great!

#524 11 years ago

Which toy is the 'never been seen before ' toy?? Just remembered.....

#525 11 years ago

Its another character, like Nightcrawler, except this one just teleports inside your wallet and them bamf, is gone with your cash! I call him Gary the Sterncrawler!

#526 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Which toy is the 'never been seen before ' toy?? Just remembered.....

I'm guessing they meant the moving ramp. I can't think of any other game that has one like that. It reminds me of the Last Action Hero crane more than anything, but that really was a bit different.

#527 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Glad to hear that you decided to stay in Mark.

Yes still in

#528 11 years ago

Yo Tambien!

#529 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Also I have heard that all the plastic ramps will come with metal ramp protectors like the amazing ones Cliffy did for TRON, I dont see any in the pictures though. has this been discussed yet?
I am just catching up on the X-men madness since I have been out of a town for the week.
I think the game looks GREAT only thing I am not happy with is that mode start scoop on the left. I hate on my IJ4 the ball just rolls in there over and over from the pops and there is no skill for it. Also I am guessing the captured ball we saw earlier was a placeholder for wolverine toy or something?
and last questions! how the eff does the nightcralwer targets and moving ramp fit into the game? how do they work? Guess everyone wants to know those questions!
anyway good job borg and team its looking great!

I believe 90% of the XM pics are photoshopped so its hard to tell if they'll be adding ramp protectors or not; the game doesnt come with a shaker so they better add protectors!

My guess is nightcrawler will be something similar to MM trolls or NGG gophers as they'll alternate pop up sequences to coincide with nightcrawlers ability and you'll have to bash em. I wonder if they can add a sequence where when you bash the left one, the magnet will catch it, we'll get an animation & voice of nightcrawler saying something (taunting?) then spin the ball back at us? The one on the right looks awefully close to the upper right flipper, wonder how that'll work; pray for no airballs

My guess on Icemans ramp is that it'll be a 2 position ramp which will add more combos and flow to the gameplay. There's a switch just before it hits the ice so im hoping for a really cool iceman animation of him shooting out ice before it hits the ice ramp.

#530 11 years ago

all in all, the programmers have their hands full with this one. Its packed with shots and possibilities. I just hope borg incorporated enough labor hours into his price package.

#531 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I guess you have some tie in's with someone? What I want to see are multiball modes with objectives. LOTR does this very, very well. It's not just a flailing fest hitting every possible shot that are always lit, it's about hitting 1 or 2 lit shots in a sequence, or concentrating on one part of the playfield, of after you hit a shot, it goes out until you fulfill the rest of the shots. This is what I'm hoping for.

By the way, nice collection. I would need 23 wives to a approve of a collection that size, 4 machines per wife.

#532 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

all in all, the programmers have their hands full with this one. Its packed with shots and possibilities. I just hope borg incorporated enough labor hours into his price package.

Agree this game has GREAT possibilities, its all code, SFX, music, DMD and VO now! I agree I find it strange that the nightcrawler pop up is so close to the flip. I like your thoughts on Iceman making the bridge I always like in Jpop games how the DMD matches the action on the table. Lets hope we get something similar

#533 11 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

I guess you have some tie in's with someone? What I want to see are multiball modes with objectives. LOTR does this very, very well. It's not just a flailing fest hitting every possible shot that are always lit, it's about hitting 1 or 2 lit shots in a sequence, or concentrating on one part of the playfield, of after you hit a shot, it goes out until you fulfill the rest of the shots. This is what I'm hoping for.

I'm the same way. I love mode-based rule sets, but not when they seem to have pointless and repetitive objectives.
I always go back to games like IJ and TAF that used different parts of the playfield and specific targets and objectives that really felt like part of the theme. I haven't seen anything like that from Stern in a very long time.
I wish I knew which way XM was going. From the inserts I'm guessing it's a lot closer to how Tron works.

#534 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

From the inserts I'm guessing it's a lot closer to how Tron works.

Hopefully that's a good thing? I haven't really had an opportunity to play Tron. I think I've played it twice when it first came out at a show.

#535 11 years ago

The VUK exit is angled toward the player and is a fast return to the left flipper.
The right slide bridge is a fast acting ramp, not a slow toy like LAH quite the opposite
The Magneto center lock can be locked either by the right loop or left inner loop, I can't wait to see this in action as it has many possiblities with multiple balls in there as a captive to hit.

#536 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The VUK exit is angled toward the player and is a fast return to the left flipper.
The right slide bridge is a fast acting ramp, not a slow toy like LAH quite the opposite
The Magneto center lock can be locked either by the right loop or left inner loop, I can't wait to see this in action as it has many possiblities with multiple balls in there as a captive to hit.

There is also a ball lock from the right orbit.

#537 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The Magneto center lock can be locked either by the right loop or left inner loop,

Sounds like TOM - cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 537 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-stern-x-men-pinball-official-release/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.